PDA

View Full Version : A Step Forward in our Relationship

Marcelle
12-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi all,

As some of you may know from my previous threads, while my wife is completely accepting and supporting of my CDing, she has indicated that she would not go out with me dressed. This is not because she is ashamed but because she does not wish to see any hurt which may be heaped on me from others.

So imagine my surprise when she indicated she would be willing to attend outings with my support group. We normally meet twice a month for dinner out. Now I know some will say that she is okay with it because it will be a group of CDers. However, I am touched by the gesture as this means she will still have to be seen in public with me. We normally talk about all my outings and I think she is beginning to realize that there are not as many pitchforks and torches as she thought there were.

Hugs

Isha

Valarie
12-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Isha (hugs) that is so great. You are so lucky to have a wonderful woman in your life that cares about you. My wife feels the same way, about going out in public, she is worried about ignorant people affecting me. The meetings sound fun, I wish I could meet some more others in my area. Have fun!

sweetshauna
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
and to quote...oh yeah! You!... "baby Steps" lol. Good for you.

PaulaQ
12-12-2013, 10:27 PM
This is very good news, and very good progress on her part, Isha. I'm really happy for you - I am a real fan of happy endings to the stories here. Even a little victory is still a victory. And I think this one is really pretty sizable, especially after the bad scare she got with you before.

AimeeG
12-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Be careful, she might have fun and want to go out with you more often. I made really good friends with a SO in one of the groups and she was really sad that I moved.

KayleeTaylor
12-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Very nice Isha, congrats :) That is very sweet of your SO to take another step forward to be able to share this part of your life with you :D

:hugs:

Kaylee :)

Jamie Lynn
12-12-2013, 10:49 PM
That is great, Isha! Keep us informed on how it went after she attends!

S. Lisa Smith
12-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Wonderful!!!

NancyJ
12-12-2013, 11:09 PM
OSHA, Thanks for sharing this wonderful development. I envy what the 2 of you share. You both must be special people and love each other very much. Nancy

Rachelakld
12-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Very nice, I do think a lot of our accepting wifes feel the same, it's no or hobby, but about witnessing how others react to our hobby.

Rachael Leigh
12-12-2013, 11:15 PM
So great for you Isha hon, for those of you ladies that have supportive wives have such special gals.
I don't say mine isn't because she is very special in her way I do wish she would support my dressing though. I know it's prob never going to be that way but it's ok
I just love reading these success stories however of you girls.
Thanks for sharing Isha

SexyErica
12-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Congrats on this big step forward Isha. My wife has went out with me a few times and it meant the world to me as I'm sure it will for.

Erica,

Lynn Marie
12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
No "pitchforks and torches", just salad forks and candles!

Be careful, she might have fun and want to go out with you more often. I made really good friends with a SO in one of the groups and she was really sad that I moved.

We're all really sad that you moved, Aimee.

Beverley Sims
12-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Isha,
Certainly a step forward and guide her through any embarrasing moments she may come up with.
Be gentle. :)
I am pleased for you.

Christina Kay
12-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Wonderful, so happy for you. Glad you get to experience this together. :) Hugs

samanthasolo
12-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Isha, She truly loves you and I know from experience she worries more about how you are perceived than you would ever notice for yourself. My wife is the same way. While I am basking in the moment, she notices every look, every stare, and regardless she is by my side. Just as your wife is in support of you regardless of what anyone might think. And you know what! God Bless, we are lucky girls aren't we! Good for you Isha!

Pandys
12-13-2013, 09:33 PM
I am very happy for you. It is encouraging maybe someday I will be so lucky.

Angie G
12-13-2013, 11:27 PM
That's Great news Isha.:hugs:
Angie

josrphine
12-14-2013, 03:24 AM
Hi isha, Your S/O has taken a very big step. My wife an I just got married, we have been together for 8 yrs. She had a very tough summer almost died. It came about one of the times that I had to bring her to the Emerg. Rm. We are 71 an 72 . my biggest problem now is that we are both the same size in cloths an shoes. We go every were together as sisters, it a race to see who gets what cloths an shoes, we do have matching outfits. You look very good so going out in public should be no problem, the fear is in her mind an its so much fun when you are accepted. JO

Amanda M
12-14-2013, 03:42 AM
Delighted for you Isha - long may the progress continue.

Bethany38
12-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Isha I am so very happy for you. What a wonderful Wifey you have. I am always soooo happy when I hear happy stories come from my Sisters on this board.

Marcelle
12-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for all your kind comments. My wife and I have discussed this again and she is looking forward to an outing, we just need to find time now with all the holiday stuff coming our way.

Hugs

Isha

Laura M
12-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Sounds like you have a great wife. I'm so happy for you. Give her a great big hug for all of us.

Shar
12-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Consider yourself blessed. You both are very lucky.

Sissy_Michelle
12-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Congrats isha !!!

@--}-----