PDA

View Full Version : To all the single girls still in the closet

Gemma Rhodes
01-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Until recently I was firmly in the closet and never thought I would ever get out, but now I am I cannot believe how brilliant it is. When I first started dressing again only last xmas I was so jealous of the girls who were getting out and about and never dreamt in a million years that I would be able to but having eventually made my debut in October I have now been out on 5 more occasions and have a number of girly nights out already planned in the near future.

I did not believe all the girls who told me how easy it was but believe me is really is. The feeling you get when you first walk out "en femme" is amazing, its like being plugged into the mains, it is such a buzz.

Please don't do what I did and spend 10 years denying your true feelings, get out there and do it soon, but be warned that once you take that first step there will be no going back. I have never taken an illegal drug in my life but none of them can be anymore addictive than going out as a girl. :thumbsup:

Gemma xx

alise
01-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Thank you Gemma for your post. I'm still in the closed and think more and more about getting out for my first time. Your experience and advice will probably lead me to ... going out and walking "en femme" for my very first time!
Hugs, Alise

GypsyKaren
01-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi Gemma

I spent most of my life hiding because I thought I was a freak, I thought people would throw rocks at me if they knew the truth. I finally came out last year because I couldn't deny myself any longer, and nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone who knows about me is cool with it, and being able to go out now as the real me is beyond description, it's just the best. I can't tell others what to do, it's there lives not mine, but I know it sure is better living in the light instead of darkness.

GypsyKaren

Gemma Rhodes
01-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh and I have made more genuine, honest friends in the few months I have been getting out as Gemma than I have done in several years in male mode.

There are so many wonderful, lovely people out there who accept me for who I am and I think the world of them all.

Gemma xx

Julie
01-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Gemma,

What you say is so true! It truly is a lot easier than most of us could ever believe, especially if you have a support group to attend. At the Island Girls meetings all newcomers are warmly greeted. Even though I don't make many of them, I was once asked to be a big sister to a newcomer. We sat down and talked for hours! And when she left she was so happy she took the steps to get out and thanked me for making her debut a good one. That kind of thing happens all the time.

But your warning should be heeded - it is addictive! Maybe addictive isn't the right term, more like liberating! There's something about being out and interacting with people when you're dressed to which nothing can compare. This is part of who we are and when you can express that and be accepted and actually understood, it's a pretty good feeling. Still, like everything else, these feelings will subside if you dress enough. No it's not an addiction. But it is definitely liberating! :D

The truth is nothing can take it's place and it's not going away so you might as well stop repressing it. All that will happen is you create a buildup of pressure inside you and then ... https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/pullhair.gif

Nikki Dee
01-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Gemma...the biggest problem we have with you is...keeping you IN.!!!!!LOL...See you very soon.
Love Nikki. xx

JoAnnDallas
01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Gemma Rhodes.... Like you I too started going out en fem last year. I have now gone out many more times. Isn't if fun now. LOL

One word of advice for those who are thinking of going on your first outing. PLEASE dress casual and to blend in. Don't over due you outfit and makeup. Then once your outside act as if you have done this all your life. Smile and have a GREAT time.

A great first outing, is to just take a drive around the block or subdivision. If someone looks at you, just smile and look foward. Once you feel comfy with that, then go fill up the car with gasoline. This will get you completely outside. If someone looks your way, just look away.

After that, it's up to you.

Gemma Rhodes
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Gemma...the biggest problem we have with you is...keeping you IN.!!!!!LOL...See you very soon.
Love Nikki. xx

True Nikki, if I could afford it, i'd be out every night :)

Oh and by the way, you are one of the wonderful, lovely people I was talking about. :thumbsup:

sherri
01-03-2006, 05:25 PM
There's nothing like that adrenaline rush the first few times you go out. It does fade, but comes back whenever I take my outings to new, more public places.

One of the strongest feelings I had the first time was how unclothed I felt. What I mean is, a guy is all covered up, wrapped up, buttoned up, cinched up, often in layers. Compared to that, a woman in a skirt is darn near naked! At least it feels like it ...

... and I like that feeling. :p

rexy
01-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Until recently I was firmly in the closet and never thought I would ever get out, but now I am I cannot believe how brilliant it is. When I first started dressing again only last xmas I was so jealous of the girls who were getting out and about and never dreamt in a million years that I would be able to but having eventually made my debut in October I have now been out on 5 more occasions and have a number of girly nights out already planned in the near future.

I did not believe all the girls who told me how easy it was but believe me is really is. The feeling you get when you first walk out "en femme" is amazing, its like being plugged into the mains, it is such a buzz.

Please don't do what I did and spend 10 years denying your true feelings, get out there and do it soon, but be warned that once you take that first step there will be no going back. I have never taken an illegal drug in my life but none of them can be anymore addictive than going out as a girl. :thumbsup:

Gemma xx
YES I DID THE SAME THING, HID MY WANTING TO GO OUT FOR YEARS. UNTIL I MET SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM ( SHE KNOWS WHO SHE IS ) SHE GAVE ME THE WAY TO MAKE THAT FIRST STEP. THERE IS NO TURNING BACK KNOW, I AM OUT OF THE CLOSET AND WILL REMAIN THAT WAY. YES AND RIGHT NOW IT DOES FEEL VERY ADDICTIVE !! AS ALWAYS GIRLS STAY SAFE ..REXY:angel:

ronni
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
It must be a thrill at least the first time and it's one I am determined to experience, and I will probably like it and keep doing it...based on what I hear here

Jillian310
01-03-2006, 09:26 PM
The worst experience I had being out en femme was at an Olive Garden. I was lunching with another girl and her BF. We overheard one young woman say to the other, "They look like two guys." Wow! The comment rolled off our backs without the slightest impact. If that is the worst thing that happens, no sweat! I have been called much worse names when en drab by guys, and survived. Except for that one comment, I have never had any problem going out. My girl friend was wearing a bad wig that day, which I believe drew attention to us. There is simply no feeling like going out dressed!

Rikki Elisabeth
01-03-2006, 10:31 PM
The worst experience I had being out en femme was at an Olive Garden. I was lunching with another girl and her BF. We overheard one young woman say to the other, "They look like two guys." Wow! The comment rolled off our backs without the slightest impact. If that is the worst thing that happens, no sweat! I have been called much worse names when en drab by guys, and survived. Except for that one comment, I have never had any problem going out. My girl friend was wearing a bad wig that day, which I believe drew attention to us. There is simply no feeling like going out dressed!

Have to echo that.

What can they do? They can't send us back to Viet Nam. They can't take our draft card. They can laugh and snicker but if you pay no attention, it loses it sensation quickly.

Deborah
01-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I wouldn't mind going out but i don't like being laughed at or beaten up.
Each to their own and good luck. :D

jenny_cheerleader
01-04-2006, 02:05 AM
But what if i only like wearing sexy boots, cheer uniforms and other pvc wear that would do nothing but attract attention? PM me please and give me advice