PDA

View Full Version : Guitars make you crossdress

DanaGirl
12-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed a disturbing amount of us girls showing Pics either holding guitars or standing next to them? I'm pretty sure I have this thing all figured out, Its the guitars that make you crossdress, It would certainly Make a lot more sense out of Bowie and all the hair bands in the 80's. I bet If I started a show us your axe thread It would get a tons of pics.

P.s Im sitting 4 feet from a guitar right now and sitting in panties so there you go.

Beverley Sims
12-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Guitars, "encourage" you to cross dress.
Blame Suzi Quatro. :)

jennylou
12-14-2013, 12:56 PM
They're great for resting your boobs on too

Kate Simmons
12-14-2013, 01:20 PM
I wonder what bongos do. :heehee::)

GaleWarning
12-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to a G string!

carhill2mn
12-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes, I have noticed that!

Bria
12-14-2013, 01:41 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but here is one who has nothing to do with a guitar, Hugs Bria

DanaGirl
12-14-2013, 01:53 PM
lies! Your in a safe place here, you can admit that you have a secret stash of guitars in the back of the closet that your ashamed to let people see. You can hide em behind all the dresses and heels you want, we both know that are there

MarciManseau
12-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I've heard that just carrying a guitar around is seen as sexy. You don't even have to know how to play it.

I've been relying on short skirts and heels to look sexy, but all I really needed was a guitar! Darn!

Tracii G
12-14-2013, 02:07 PM
I guess thats why I CD I have a house full of them.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/Picture1126.jpg

Michelle789
12-14-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't own a guitar, never played a guitar, and I cross-dress.

There is a correlation between having a guitar and cross-dressing, not a cause-effect relationship.

There may be something else that causes both guitar playing and cross-dressing.

stephNE
12-14-2013, 02:13 PM
I sleep next to a guitar! So I guess that the overnight dose is what makes me wake up and put on panties everyday.

Tracii G
12-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Makes perfect sense to me StephNE

AngelaKelly<3
12-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I find guitars to be quite sexy on a woman! :bg:

/watch?v=IAxtN5qjScM

chelyann
12-14-2013, 03:02 PM
is true !!!
i have a guitar also !!!

JamieG
12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
lies! Your in a safe place here, you can admit that you have a secret stash of guitars in the back of the closet that your ashamed to let people see. You can hide em behind all the dresses and heels you want, we both know that are there

Hi, my name is Jamie and I play the guitar. Whew. That was one of the most difficult confessions I ever had to make. ;-)

Susan L
12-14-2013, 04:07 PM
No guitars but boy do I have a lot of panties, bras, dresses and pantyhose. I wonder what made me cross dress? I used to have a harmonica, I wonder if that did it?

Fran Moore
12-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I guess thats why I CD I have a house full of them.

I don't own any guitars Traci, but I know who to come and see if I need one. NICE collection!!

Jaylyn
12-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Maybe something to that...... I have four mandolins, two fiddles a keyboard, tons of amps, mixers, monitors, four giant speakers, and five guitars. I have three Martin acoustical, and a couple electrics one being a Les Paul.... I do enjoy dressing and a lot of the times dressed I love just picking and practicing. Not good at anything but play for total enjoyment and relaxation. Now does the dressing make me relaxed or the music....maybe we should start an all CD band and go on tour. Would be fun getting dressed every night.bet we have accountants in here to manage the money, salesmen to sell out the venues , and even maybe bus drivers and mechanics to keep us going. The roadies can help with the set ups and take downs..... I better practice a bunch in case we have a gig soon.... Lol

susan54
12-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Yet again I do it differently. I am a secret keyboards player. Please don't tell anyone. I own one guitar and even play it occasionally (but usually my nails are too long). This could be like trousers. You can only play the guitar with guy nails ... start a war by claiming you are not a real cross dresser unless you play keyboards. For the record I do not wear girl trousers .. but very occasionally and in complete secret .... I play a guitar.

I Am Paula
12-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Could be something here. I've never had less than a half dozen guitars around me in my adult life. At about six I got my first guitar. I also tried on women's panties. If I could remember which came first we would have proof.

JennyLynn
12-14-2013, 05:01 PM
OMG.... and I hate those three letters put together! I love playing my guitar when dressed! I think it's more of a creative thing, which is more associated with having both female and male attributes. I like art, creative things and just more "feminine" things in general, But, I can still chop wood like a man. But there is something about being my sweet and sexy Jenny and playing my guitar, that is so exciting! We are a cohesive bunch, aren't we?

Erica Marie
12-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Dang. You just gave me the answer I was always looking for. I had guitar lessons in grade school. It was acoustical guitar though, I hope that doesnt make me a different type of cd. But the problem was that I didnt catch on to playing so I gave up, dressing I never gave up on and after quite alot of practice I am finally getting better. Thanks for the help. :)

Michaella
12-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I have too many guitars and not nearly enough talent or skill. I also have too many dresses, and not nearly the opportunities to wear them. I think my lack of self-control and my excessive imagination about myself may be the only links!

Michaella

AngelaKelly<3
12-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Although I'd like to point out that playing guitar with false nails is OMG impossible!!!

Ressie
12-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Started playing guitar at age 13. Wore my first panties at age 8. Although I still play guitar and wear panties, I rarely do both at the same time. I have plenty of pics with my guitar, lots of en femme pics, but not one of both together. If someone starts a gurls with guitar gallery thread, I'll have to to some girly/guitar photos. My black Strat would go good with a LBD. ;)

LelaK
12-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Just listening to guitar music makes guys crossdress. So does thinking about it.

jules
12-14-2013, 06:30 PM
I just burnt my guitar.lol
No I didn't :)
I don't know about anyone else but my guitar is part of who I am as a person.
I guess I just like the look of a guitar in my picture's sometimes.
That guitar is 27 years old.

Hugs
Julie S

susan54
12-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Seriously, how can you play a guitar with nails that are not cut right back? Not worth it!

paulaprimo
12-14-2013, 07:22 PM
i never played or owned a guitar...was always kinda an organ girl :D

Laura Collette
12-14-2013, 07:26 PM
P.s Im sitting 4 feet from a guitar right now and sitting in panties so there you go.

Me too! Well, 8 feet, but it still worked.

somewhere9someone
12-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Would post a picture of my guitar, but I think there's only one other in the world like it :P

PaulaQ
12-14-2013, 07:30 PM
You are actually on to something in this thread DanaGirl. Musical talent is incredibly common amongst people on the TG spectrum. Here's a couple of other common ones:
- talent of affinity for machines - cars and computers seem very common
- piloting airplanes

So yeah, it really is the guitars! There - I've proved it - because that was science right there. :D

UNDERDRESSER
12-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Guitars, "encourage" you to cross dress.
Blame Suzi Quatro. :)Well I don't play guitar, but Suzi Quatro could have convinced me to "come out" if she had said she liked CDs. Side note, she was born not far from where I was, and lived most of her life not far away from my old haunts. I had a thing for "tough" girls.

Was a bit jealous of those outfits she wore.

Courtney Ramona
12-14-2013, 08:38 PM
There may be something else that causes both guitar playing and cross-dressing.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it has more to do with being a creative individual? Artists, Writers, Musicians may-be that's a part of it. Monty python, Kurt Cobain almost all 80's musicians!
not to mention Cartoons. And yes I own Two guitars and three basses.

Jamie Lynn
12-14-2013, 09:26 PM
WOW Tracii!! Forget about all the bras and shoes! No wonder you do it so good! ALL HAIL TO THE QUEEN OF CROSSDRESSERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna June
12-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I play the drums, go figure.

Susan.
12-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Earlier I mentioned to my family that I might want a guitar for Christmas. LOL

Jessica giovanna
12-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Plus one for drummers....have been for twenty three years....but have a studio with guitars, basses and etc....

ossian
12-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Humm.. You might be on to something. I do have a guitar. I don't play it very well. But iI'm really good a 5 other musical instruments!

Jennifer B
12-14-2013, 11:33 PM
It does seem to be quite noticeable, the number of photos with guitars in the background seem to pop up quite often. And there has been a thread stating the apparent correlation before. Whether their is anything to it or not, causation, correlation or coincidence, is anybody's guess. But it is definitely something that has often been picked up on by various members here on a number of occasions. So I find that quite interesting.

For the record I have 4 electrics and 1 acoustic guitar.

Maybe it's a tendency to be more creative or experimental? Anyone else paint and write as well?

Tracii G
12-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Few other items around here.
One playing in girl mode.

Shayna
12-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Tracii, you have quite the collection of shredders. More of a Fender girl myself.

DanaGirl
12-15-2013, 05:06 AM
Jebus Tracii, all the musical gear, you never had a chance. lol

donnalee
12-15-2013, 05:33 AM
I have north of 200, not to mention banjos, mandolins, basses (upright, electric and acoustic), pianos, organs etc. Some are for me to play, some are for resale, so if anyone is looking-------

Lynn Marie
12-15-2013, 07:14 AM
I have a wooden spoon in a kitchen drawer. I've always wondered if that's the reason I dress.

Justine Dawn
12-15-2013, 07:31 AM
I have played bagpipes for years (just outed myself if any band members are here! :)). But I am planning to retire and guess what I have on order? Yep - a guitar!!
Doc Watson in heels:D

Tina_N
12-15-2013, 08:45 AM
So it's guitars that make you crossdress? For the longest time I thought it was being an engineer or having a HAM radio license. Who knew???

I too started playing guitar when I was around 13. About the same time I started showing an interest in bras and panties.

Several years ago I pulled out my old guitar and started teaching my son the basic chords. He took over from there, passing my ability by leaps and bounds, building his own collection of bass, accoustic and electric guitars, a mandolin and a mandolin/banjo.
Now, he hasn't shown any desire for crossdressing yet, but we all know it can start at any age. Ohh... this could be interesting in a few years.

Tina

mykell
12-15-2013, 09:01 AM
great, now i have to go out buy guitar and make room in the closet for the axe, maybe tracii can lend me one...
hummm....axe, lumberjack.... another cause.....

SherriePall
12-15-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't play guitar, but there is my son's guitar in a bedroom closet. Whoa. Did I say closet? Anyway, maybe if I get him to remove it, then maybe I won't CD anymore.

Carroll
12-15-2013, 09:17 AM
No guitar in house...me drummer....

Ressie
12-15-2013, 09:57 AM
The more guitars I acquire, the more I cross dress. If I sell all of my guitars I'll end up purging. :(

jules
12-15-2013, 10:20 AM
I hope everyone has relized there is enough equipment here to start a rock band.:)
Right down to the wooden spoons (thank you Lynn Marie I'm working today and that made me laugh out loud)
The distance could be a problem though :)

Julie S

AlexisRaeMoon
12-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Hi, my name is Jamie and I play the guitar. Whew. That was one of the most difficult confessions I ever had to make. ;-)

You do, too? I should've known....I'm guilty as charged, as well. Not sure which came first!

I bet If I started a show us your axe thread It would get a tons of pics.

I actually did that last spring! And I agree that there's probably a little truth to this...
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?192162-More-Girls-and-Guitars!/page2

CarlaWestin
12-15-2013, 10:35 AM
This thread is just nonsense! Everyone knows that crossdressing is caused only by close proximity to harvest gold refrigerators and being take-home lost-puppy cute in your [-]twenties[/-].

Duh!

NicoleScott
12-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Although I'd like to point out that playing guitar with false nails is OMG impossible!!!

I shuddered when I read this post. I was afraid it was going down the wrong road. Thankfully, it got back on track.
I like Dolly Parton and her over-the-top everything. She is talented and has a bubbly personality. So I'm glad that when guitars and fake nails came up, nobody mentioned "Dolly Parton" and "guitarist" in the same sentence. Whew!
Oh wait....I just.........
Sorry.

I have a Fender acoustic and a Telecaster.

Deedee Skyblue
12-15-2013, 11:09 AM
I have never played guitar,or owned a guitar. I suggest that reading comic books as a kid has a higher correlation to dressing than guitars. I'll be 99%+ of us read comic books!

(yeah, I'm stealing that correlation... it's because I am sad that I had to admit to not playing guitar. However, I volunteer to be part of the road crew...)

Deedee :not very musically inclined:

Julogden
12-15-2013, 11:14 AM
So THAT"S it. My mom introduced me to playing guitar when I was a little kid, that must have done it. :battingeyelashes:

Carol

KaceyR
12-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Hmm. Kind of mixed on this. Tried when younger to learn guitar, but had issues as my hands were (and still are really) too small for standard-neck guitar widths.
Right now, i have 3 guitars...but for Rock Band and Guitar Hero :)

Primarily I am a drummer though. Played in a Polka + Square Dance Band in NW Indiana back in the 70's till I left home for college. (Pic below is me on drums age 14 in '79.. Larry's Pep-a-Tones heh :D ). I played though all sorts of music.. Jazz in school, dance,pop,disco,rock at home. Tuned percussion in band, started to learn trombone even..

I will say.. I could align with Deedee too though (has 16 longboxes of comics in the closet :)

(I miss those Polka + Square Dance days ^_^ )

Ressie
12-15-2013, 02:11 PM
The Beatles were a big influence with their hairstyle that was invented by the German artist/photographer Astrid Kirchherr. Stu Sutcliffe use to wear some her clothes, and later on she became a part of Hamburg's CD scene.

Candice Mae
12-15-2013, 05:22 PM
I out grew my training bras before I got my first guitar at 12, I think my mom got it for me to distract me from the fact that I wasn't a normal boy.

Judith96a
12-15-2013, 05:40 PM
I've a few guitars, 6 string, 12 string & bass!

Zylia
12-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I play guitar as well but never 'en femme' because it looks silly on me.

Karren H
12-15-2013, 06:05 PM
I was crossdressing way before I picked up my first guitar.... I really with I still had my 62 Fender Telecaster...

Courtney Ramona
12-15-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll say it's a little difficult to play guitar or bass with breasts when your not use to have them.

Abbygirl
12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Or maybe crossdressing makes you into guitars? That's the order it happened to me in.
Sounds like this could be a "chicken before the egg" situation.

Zylia
12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, let's analyse the facts, shall we?

Guitarists/cross-dressers are:
Vain
Typically male and heterosexual
Intelligent (obviously)
Occasionally the center of attention
Compulsive shoppers
etc. etc.

Anyway, a Venn diagram comparing typical guitarist and cross-dresser characteristics would be a single perfect circle.

NicoleScott
12-15-2013, 07:52 PM
I'll say it's a little difficult to play guitar or bass with breasts when your not use to have them.

I imagine it would be difficult. Most of us use our fingers or a pick. haha

Candice Mae
12-15-2013, 08:26 PM
One of my favorites.
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u498/crystal8812/2_zps4a1894ad.jpg

Tracii G
12-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Just lower the strap an inch and your boobs aren't in the way.
Nice King V Candice.Jacksons are my fave brand of guitars.
Love this old USA San Dimas Jackson I call Snoopy because Peanuts is one of the comics on it.

Heather Phillips
12-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Guilty! Of course I was into dressing before I had my guitar.

Jamie Lynn
12-15-2013, 10:25 PM
THAT'S a nice set of .........uh.........Drums, Carroll! I used to play eons ago but never had anything that extensive. Love it!

Ciara Brianne
12-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi..my name is Ciara and I too play guitar. lol

I think it has more to do with the artistic wiring of my brain though.

ColetteB
12-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Not only do I probably own more swimwear than most women I know, I own more guitars too!

Plus I do feel kinda naughty with the guitar strap between the boobs. Is alt-country ready for a CD singer-songwriter?

Tracii G
12-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Sure Colette give it a shot.

TessaGirl
12-16-2013, 05:26 AM
I don't understand this. Do have a guitar, got it as a present many years ago. But I'm not really musical, have never learned to play. It's currently in the cellar, would like to sell or just give it away. It certainly has no effect either way on my desire for any kind of of crossdressing.

5150 Girl
12-16-2013, 11:52 AM
My collection. Things I wish to add, A hollow body, Flying V, and a Frankenstart.
Also can you play with acrylic nails? It takes some getting used to, but actually you can. I tryed to upload a vid of my time with acrylics, but it didn't take. I'm much more used to them now though,,,
And Yes, Dolly can play, but,,, (I saw an interview with her) When she's home and songwriting, she cuts them off. However she admits when she's on stage with the very long nails she in pantomiming.

Tracii G
12-16-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't understand this. Do have a guitar, got it as a present many years ago. But I'm not really musical, have never learned to play. It's currently in the cellar, would like to sell or just give it away. It certainly has no effect either way on my desire for any kind of of crossdressing.

Don't store it in the cellar is my suggestion.

Jaylyn
12-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Plus I do feel kinda naughty with the guitar strap between the boobs. Is alt-country ready for a CD singer-songwriter?

I tell you Colette we should start a group called cross over country.... Lol big boobies long blonde wigs and red nails with red lipstick singing those good country blues.... I think some would boycott but bet we could pack the house as they show up to dance and watch us and wish we were really an all girl band.... Just take the right promotions.

Cassidy
12-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi all,

Tracii and I were exchanging PM about this post and she wanted to see my two hagstroms so Tracii and everyone else here they are. Yeah they are old

Cassidy

Laura912
12-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Not really qualified to join this thread. Do not have a G string nor even a thong. Do not like to pick things. The only fender I have is on a 37 Buick restorod, and when I sing coyotes beg me to stop!

linda allen
12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
I have noticed a lot of guitars in crossdressing photos but I doubt playing guitar and crossdressing are related.

Hell on Heels
12-16-2013, 07:42 PM
WOW, I think your on to something here. When my SO asked me what I would like for Christmas, I told her I wanted a guitar.
Kristyn

Ressie
12-16-2013, 08:33 PM
This week only at Guitar Center! Buy any guitar and get a free pair of panythose! ………………...Just kidding.

ColetteB
12-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Crossover Country... ha! Suddenly I'm picturing myself trying to walk through Gruene Hall in heels...

Anita Lynn
12-17-2013, 08:52 AM
I have to say... no, not for me, I got rid of mine and I still dress:D

Anita

sometimes_miss
12-17-2013, 09:49 AM

Ohhh, that was bad.

I don't own a guitar. I've found that being around pretty girl clothes (or even being around a girl who's wearing them, especially if she's wearing some nice perfume, ohhhhh, that makes it tough) makes me want to crossdress.

linda allen
12-17-2013, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjkLf_X88WM

Jaylyn
12-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Crossover Country... ha! Suddenly I'm picturing myself trying to walk through Gruene Hall in heels...

Lol don't know that Gruene would let us be on the venue...... Lol been there a few times in cowboy boots though....

Tracii G
12-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Thank you Linda that was awesome!!!!

looking_good
12-17-2013, 09:31 PM
I am pretty much okay with people knowing that I crossdress. Just please oh please don't let anyone know I play guitar.

ColetteB
12-17-2013, 11:39 PM
God forbid anyone think you're one of those musician types, right?

Although, I guess with mid-80's glam fashion, it was pretty easy to crossdress in bands, wasn't it? Too bad I was just a kid when all that was happening.

MarcellaMcNul
12-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I have three: my prize possession cherry red 69' Gibson SG Special..bought used in 71' for $100.00,
a 91'/92' Fender (Mexican) Standard Strat,black body with maple neck,,,bought new in 92'
and a six string acoustic.

grace52
12-18-2013, 07:08 AM
WOW, I never thought of it, got first guitar when I was 10 about the same time I started to crossdress, what apiece of junk should played slide on it took two hands to fret. I got a Gibson LG0 (which I still have today) for christmas in1964. Since then both have grown,my guitars and cding. Dolly plays with nails in a open tuning. I love that song Linda, just sit down at the pedal steel and did fills and intro,cool. good thing about playing steel and dobro is you can have long nails and still play. but have to trim back when playing guitar. Have 4 flat tops 2 tele's 2 strats 2dobros 5 lap steels 2pedal steels 2 fiddles 1 mandolin 2archtops(jazz) got amps in every room including garage so I can play anytime it strikes me, usually that's the wife that strikes me. I know she like the song when I do it, now just get rest on board with GRACE doing the steel.

linda allen
12-18-2013, 08:22 AM
re: the video, those guys are all well known country music stars crossdressing in a video. Of course it's comedy.

AndreaCD1963
12-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Hmmm ... maybe ...

I don't really play, just "tinker". Tried lessons for about a year a couple of years ago, but my teacher kept nagging me to cut my nails! So I never really stuck with it. I'm seriously thinking about trying lessons again in the new year though as it looks like I'll be living away from home during the week for work, so I'll need something to occupy my time (other than dressing and makeup of course). I've still got the issue of longer nails to contend with though :-(

So now my friends say I'm a "collector" ... currently have a Squire Strat (yeah, low end), and an Ibanez acoustic - and a cheapie no-name acoustic someone gave me last Christmas. I love the Ibanez!

When I was younger, my instrument of choice was the Trumpet - still have 3 in my den, my Bach Stradivarius is my fav - and I was pretty good with that.

Perhaps its not so much the guitar that makes us want to dress, but an inner desire to be musical / artistic in some way?

Tracii G
12-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Would love to play the violin someday.Tried back in the mid 70's but broke up with my GF that played it.LOL

ColetteB
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
I will say that I never cried more than the day my Les Paul toppled forward onstage and snapped the headstock. Quite possibly the worst day of my life!

But how's this for a silver lining? Once I got it fixed, she sounded WAY better! Something about taking a tumble gave it extra sustain and resonance, so it's a fantastic for getting Big Sugar-style feedback, even at fairly low volumes.

JessicaKasey
12-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Hmm. I have a guitar but it's more of a decoration!

Tracii G
12-19-2013, 02:41 AM
I have fixed a lot of Les Paul headstock breaks. I think they sound better after they are fixed too.LOL

Candice Mae
12-19-2013, 02:51 AM
A little early christmas present to my self, tuned to Eb sounds really good
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u498/crystal8812/Untitled_zpse76c80de.png

Now I just need some matching heels....

Ellie52
12-19-2013, 02:59 AM
Candice
Eb, are you wanting to play like Stevie Ray Vaughan? Nice guitar by the way....

Tracii G
12-19-2013, 03:03 AM
That Kelly looks awesome!!!
I keep a couple tuned to E flat so I'm with you there.
Stevie Ray who?

Candice Mae
12-19-2013, 03:05 AM
The majority of what I play is thrash, which is usually in E or Eb, I have guitars tuned from E down to C#.

Tracii G
12-19-2013, 03:34 AM
I keep my Jackson JJ2 Scot Ian model tuned to D great for some Anthrax stuff.
Thrasher here as well.

Samantha_Smile
12-19-2013, 07:19 AM
A little early christmas present to my self, tuned to Eb sounds really good

Now I just need some matching heels....

Ah another Kelly player!
Is that a hard tail? the lighting makes it hard to see.
Ive got one of those in Blue metallic fleck. with a licenced floyd.
I blocked off the trem with mahogany because I even paid a tech for a set up and it wouldnt stay in tune...
Does now though - Drop D win!

5150 Girl
12-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Or, you can go with normal tuning and add a device "King Edward" came up with called the D-tunna

I will say that I never cried more than the day my Les Paul toppled forward onstage and snapped the headstock. Quite possibly the worst day of my life!
My brother as acting a fool and knocked mine off the stand. (headstock break) I cried my eyes out. I would have killed him if Grandma hadn't gotten between us most ricky-tick.

Tracii G
12-19-2013, 11:50 AM
I had the first transparent red San Dimas Jackson Kelly made #J0604 1985 22 fret with a Kahler flat mount trem.
The early ones were 22 fret and had a bigger body and are referred to as the King Kelly.87ish on up they made them with 24 frets and a slightly smaller body.
Had a 95 made in Japan Kelly Pro in green metalflake and a floyd it was a great guitar too.
Love the color contrast on yours Candice that is very cool.

JocelynJames
12-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I have 7 guitars, but was dressing before I had any. I have often entertained starting an all CD girls band- yeah right, tell all your buddies to come see you play Saturday - haha!

Andrea Renea
12-20-2013, 03:04 AM
I own a Takamine acoustic guitar and Fender Stratocaster.

Who knew guitars and cross-dressing were corelated?

Drusilla
12-20-2013, 03:37 AM
I started learning guitar way back in primary school but never stuck with it, the only guitar I have now is the one that plugs into the X-box for "Rock Band". does that count?

revlonjennifer
12-20-2013, 09:33 AM
I personally don't play guitar but I would like too

JamieLynn1951
12-21-2013, 02:22 PM
No guitar in house...me drummer....
A drummer also. Nice drum set! Still have my Rogers drums from the 70's in New England White.

Karen__Starr
12-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I agree and curse the female in me wanting to grow my nails out but the guitarist in me denies nail growth. I have found thou that Shellac'd nails don't chip when the pick hand fingers rub against the strings while non Shellac'd nails (regular nail polish) will chip.

I considered myself female way before playing guitar. The Gibson's are half of my collection, also have two Fender Strats and one Fender Tele. Also have a home studio.

Tracii G
12-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Nice Les Pauls Karen.

Dena
12-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Here's my collection, though I was playing trumpet when I started dressing!

Niya W
12-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Ok now were is Kim from texas at ?

Tracii G
12-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Love that Guild on the far left that is sweet.

LilSissyStevie
12-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Crossdressing and guitars correlate because nearly everyone plays guitar. It's the banjo that make me do it. I have 12. This is one of my fretless banjos.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=148326&d=1292525319

Ashanti
12-22-2013, 04:51 PM
My Gibson Les Paul Starburst and a Gibson ES 335 are two of my favourite from my 8 guitars. I don't know if this proves anything, though. Hahaha.

Audreyanne
12-22-2013, 06:36 PM
I have two at the moment. One of them is a 12 string so that should count double.

Dena
12-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Love that Guild on the far left that is sweet.
It's one the first Nightbird's (1985), it has a spruce top, and is hollow down the sides (like a 335). It's as comfortable as a Strat when standing. It is sweet!

Ressie
12-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Dena, what model is the epiphone archtop? Is it an Emperor? Looks like an older model maybe '80s? Nice collection altogether.

monika
12-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Of course playing guitar leads to crossdressing :)
Some cool axes in this thread.

I currently have 4 Suhrs, a couple of Tylers, some Fender CS and Norwegian built strats.
Been selling off a lot lately, just keeping what I play, the Suhr and Tyler stuff is so good I don't feel the need for anything else.

Never played dressed though.
CD' ing is a fun escape from reality and playing guitar is my dayjob so that is probably the reason

Hell on Heels
12-23-2013, 12:53 PM
I think I see mine under the tree. Can't wait to get my hands on it and join the club.
Kristyn

Ressie
12-23-2013, 03:39 PM
My first en femme & guitar pic! It's kind of exciting.

JustineFallow
12-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Another twanger/dresser here. Not nearly enough time spent doing either, though.

Tara D. Rose
12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I used to have several guitars, but I just gave most of them away. I have settled on just owning two of them now. I love to pick it up late at night and make myself a drink, and play a sang and sing anything that makes me feel good. I do this especially more so these days, for I am now in very trying times, so dark and uncertain. But my guitar is my good friend and helps to get me by through the good times and the hard times.
Love & Respect,
Tara

Jamie Lynn
12-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I talked to a guy today that I work with occasionally. Just a "How was your weekend" conversation. He told me that he spent a few hours in a guitar shop playing one and they had to kick him out because it was closing time. Anyway, come to find out he had a collection of 44 not too long ago but had to sell 40 of them after losing his job. He's played with Steppenwolf, Molley Hatchet and some others. Thought about asking if he dressed! I'm checking everyone's avatar to see if I recognize it!!;)

xdressed
12-23-2013, 09:11 PM

There is a correlation between having a guitar and cross-dressing, not a cause-effect relationship.

It's probably the same reason a lot of rock/metal fans were bullied for being nerds. It's outsider music, for people with something to get out their system, and I'm guessing most of us, at least at some point, had a lot to be angry or depressed about and music probably helped with that. That was certainly the case for me. Guitars just go with that

stepanie
12-24-2013, 08:21 AM
I to love to get dressed and play. I was just wondering...what are the chances of being accidently outed by showing your gear off?

Tina B.
12-24-2013, 10:38 AM
I thought this whole tread was silly, how could a guitar have anything to do with dressing, I've never played guitar, and I've dressed since I was around 6 years old, but then I remembered, it was around that time, an old guitar was put in my bedroom closet for storage, and when I grew up, that same guitar was given to me as a family heirloom and I have always had it sitting around the house somewhere, for all of this years, lurking, in the back of a closet, not far from where my dresses hang, umm, maybe there is something to this guitar thing after all!

Tracii G
12-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Guitar playing was always about fun for me.Carl Perkins and Chuck Berry I guess started it for me then shortly after the Beatles landed.
After that guitar playing was all I wanted to do.
Had my hippie ( yes I was a full blown hippie in the 60's) Jefferson Airplane/Hendrix phase and progressed into rock ,country then found myself solidly into the 70's/ 80's/90's metal scene .
Still love most all genre of metal because I love the power of the music.
Never felt like an outcast or angry at the world guitar playing is just fun for me.

Niya W
12-24-2013, 01:20 PM
This thread is pure BS. Just plain silly,. I mean how can playing guitar make you Cross dress? It's the spit that lies inside of the guitar that makes you cross dress, along with the tiny aliens that live in side of guitars.

Mercedes
12-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Add me to the list of Guitar playing ladies. I think the the love of music and the emotion it provides in the lyrics and melodies is what many of us find similar to crossdressing. That and we are just more creative people.

Love, Mercedes XOXOXO

Dena
12-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Here's another shot...

Dana56
01-01-2014, 03:52 PM
This makes so much sense to me. About a year ago I started taking guitar lessons and a couple months later I started dressing up again for the first time in years.

Lysie
01-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Well, I have three guitars. I guess I never looked at it that way before!

susan jackson
01-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Guitars make you crossdress?

What do you mean??

5150 Girl
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
This thread is pure BS. Just plain silly,. I mean how can playing guitar make you Cross dress? It's the spit that lies inside of the guitar that makes you cross dress, along with the tiny aliens that live in side of guitars.

Well, I don't think they're saying the guitar per-se makes you CD,,,, More to the facts that both CDer and musicians are both a creative lot, and the OP was looking to see just how often the two paths crossed.

CarlaWestin
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM

What do you mean??

Hmm? You know, you kinda look like Joe Bonamassa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggLgFDzqwCA)! Is that you, Joe?

TessaGirl
01-04-2014, 11:53 AM
As I promised, links to pictures of my guitar, too large to embed:

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/3107/6klv.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/6861/kmh9.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img11/5714/lw7l.jpg

Tracii G
01-04-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm glad there are so many ladies here that share the love of playing guitar.

susan jackson
01-04-2014, 12:02 PM

What do you mean??

Hmm? You know, you kinda look like Joe Bonamassa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggLgFDzqwCA)! Is that you, Joe?

Damn! Rumbled!!!

Actually, I take that as a compliment

Niya W
01-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Well, I don't think they're saying the guitar per-se makes you CD,,,, More to the facts that both CDer and musicians are both a creative lot, and the OP was looking to see just how often the two paths crossed.
I mean the spirit. As in the the guitar is haunted and the spirit posses people. Sheesh way to kill my joke.

looking_good
01-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Since we are all confessing here, I admit I go both ways. Besides my guitars, I have a bass. Don't judge me.

ColetteB
01-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Judge? Hell, I play guitar, bass, drums, and I've been dabbling with pedal steel too.

I'm my own Nashville backing band! :-)

gwencd158
01-18-2014, 12:59 PM
I have two! I have been playing and dressing since before I was a teen - hmmm

Karmen
01-18-2014, 03:15 PM

Guitars and rock goes hand in hand and for many years a lot of rockers also wore makeup. Maybe there is a subconscious correlation between guitars and crossdressers. Those with more artistic souls tried to be rockers, so they could put makeup on with a good excuse and in the same time won't have to disclose the true reason why they like wearing makeup.

GinAnn
01-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Started with a Guitar at a very early Christmas and tried on a Dolly Wig the following summer. Added the keyboard a couple of years later along with an old fake fur coat. The fiddle was next upon which I added my first pair of nylon panties. My first pair of stilettos followed the Trumpet. Native American Wind Flute and a homemade HanK Drum are the latest editions to the music fair. Hmmm, maybe I should try a Corset!:battingeyelashes:

Ressie
01-18-2014, 07:19 PM
I like playing my Femder Skirtocastor!

ColetteB
01-19-2014, 01:22 PM
I like playing my Femder Skirtocastor!

I just realized that with my Traynor amp head paired with a Garnet speaker cab, my guitar rig spells "TG."

MeDeanna
01-20-2014, 07:06 AM
I don't think guitars make you crossdress. But I know I definitely LOOK better playing with my strat slung low in a white thigh-high frocked skirt with a pink halter top.

Or it could just be the designer black pantyhose.
Or the lace hiphugger panties.

Life is good.

Ellie52
01-20-2014, 07:15 AM
I cant agree playing guitar makes me dress but I love playing "Still got the blues" on my Les paul whether in jeans or a skirt.Ellie

Lexi Moralas
01-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Tracy g has way too much really cool gear !
I wanna see her shoe collection ! Lol

Erica Anne
01-28-2014, 07:14 AM
:daydreaming: This girl loves to rock. I started playing guitar much but it was not mine probably in my early teens. The benefit of having an older sister, you can borrow her stuff when she is not at home. There have been countless times I have borrowed her things. She had a nightie that I wish she would forget about, along with a few panties and a tiered skirt. Then one day she bought an acoustic guitar. She did not play it much and it sat in her closet more than it got any use. However, I would often borrow it and teach myself how to play. I finally bought my own after too many complaints. That was 33 years ago. My guitar collection has been like my wardrobe. It grew and got purged (but not out of guilt). I guess the turning point on my guitar collection was when I needed money to finance a divorce lawyer 14 years ago. I kept my amps and one of my favorite guitars. This all happened 5 years after my band broke up. It grew again, then I stopped playing due to an injury. Dog bit me in the left hand due to rough play ( I was grabbing for his toy at the same time he was going for it and it was a tie). Following that within a week, I tore some tendons in my left elbow while shoveling snow. To make matters worse, I slipped on the ice and damaged it even more. That gave me a 6 year vacation from playing the guitar. After I got remarried, my wife loved to hear me play but could not tolerate the pain. Now my collection has grown considerably, I love Carvins ! along with my amp collection (Mesa).

I never really tried to play while in my favorite attire. That was until recently. I like to sit to play so I end up tilting my right foot just a bit (heal against chair leg). I tried dressing up and sat down to play the guitar. Had my highest heels on . That was quite comfortable and I never sounded better. Only issue I had was trying to switch channels with the footswitch as the button was hard to manage with heels and in a sitting position.

Rock On Girls. :D

freeindress
01-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Guitars and rock goes hand in hand and for many years a lot of rockers also wore makeup. Maybe there is a subconscious correlation between guitars and crossdressers. Those with more artistic souls tried to be rockers, so they could put makeup on with a good excuse and in the same time won't have to disclose the true reason why they like wearing makeup.
More than subconscious correlation or makeup, if I owned and played a guitar in a rock band (unfortunately not the case since I'm a keyboardist and dislike most of rock), if would be a good excuse to perform on stage as a CD wearing a metallic spangles short dress.

Tracii G
01-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Bought 4 guitars in two days I guess I will have to dress all weekend to make up for it.:)

ColetteB
02-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Incidentally, I took my aforementioned amp into the shop to finally get it grounded. Vintage is nice and all, but I've had enough of taking 120V to the face.

And while I didn't crossdress for the occasion (still a home-only thing), I did catch a lot of flack for wearing a Senators jersey.

DorothyElizabeth
02-06-2014, 03:04 AM
I don't own any guitars, unless you count a Fender Squire I bought, thinking that learning bass would force me to learn to read letters - you know, like Abhalfdim 7+9and C7/F.

But I DO own five flutes, three piccolos, nine saxophones, three Bb clarinets, an Eb clarinet and a bass clarinet, an oboe, two bassoons, and untold numbers of recorders and tin whistles and other musical "toys".

I was about to posit that owning saxophones made you cross dress, whenb I found this thread..

DorothyElizabeth
02-06-2014, 03:13 AM
O.M.G. I just has a terrible realization: Guitars don't make you cross dress; cross dressing makes you buy guitars! I am on my way down a slippery slope. Oh, it starts off innocently enough. First something inexpensive, like a Fender Squire Bass, but next thing you know I'll be lusting for a Rickenbacker. Then, almost before you know it, I'll be knee deep in Ibanez. I think I need intervention! YIKES!

Shy_Confusion
02-06-2014, 06:18 AM
I came to this site looking for some answers, and I found a bombshell. This explains so much as I'm currently surrounded by 7 guitars and a bass. That Leo Fender is a bad influence!
;)

Dina
02-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Count me in, too. This is my first post, as well. Hello!

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Never have actually played my guitars while dressed but thanks for the idea lol.
I've always loved the classic girl band look like the 5 6 7 8s portray.........that 60s/70s cocktail dress whilst playing surf music thing :) However I did go through my Pat Benetar and Joan Jett phase.
My black Oscar Schmidt delta king would go with most outfits. Resembles the gibson ES style.
Glad somebody bumped this thread or I'd have never found it, but yes I've seen a lot of good guitar pics on here........Thank You

sonialexis
02-13-2014, 10:18 AM
ha ha good one.

you could have a thing going here. must be the curves that remind us of a fem form. :P

Devi is here
02-15-2014, 07:00 PM
LOL, I have some guitars and drums.

Devi is here
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Alot of bands have started that trend years ago, very cool.

Hell on Heels
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
It's sitting on my lap, makes it hard to work a computer, let alone put on makeup.

PamelaMiller
03-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Donna - too funny. I play the drums too. Well, I did. I'll always call myself a drummer even though I haven't played in years and was never as good as I wanted to be.

ShelbyDawn
03-04-2014, 10:12 PM
It just occurred to me that immediately after my divorce, my interest in dressing seriously diminished.
Only after a few months, when I finally got the rest of my stuff from the ex, did I start to dress again.
And, you probably guessed it, in that stuff was my guitar.

Insert Twilight Zone theme music here... :)

:hugs:

Shelby

Steph70
03-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Holy crap!! I took guitar lessons when i was 10....and right around then I started to sneak my sisters clothes and wear them....it's a conspiracy I tell ya...

Steph

GenieGirl
03-04-2014, 10:37 PM
I can confirm that yes there might be a correlation lol. I started playing guitar a little over 3 years ago which is about the same time I decided to start back cross dressing after trying to stop ever since I started around age 5. Tracci...awesome guitar collection, I bet you are amazing at guitar...."bows down". Here's a short music vid to a short guitar cover I made about 2years ago.....was extremely bored one day so I made this video....hope you girls get a laugh I tried to make it funny :P. So great to see that so many of us play guitar :). My biggest girl goal of the year is to go to a concert in femme....gotta find a good outfit for that opportunity hehe :)

Ginger

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j3qU01ekjXI

GeminaRenee
03-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Well, this thread made me laugh, because I too play the guitar. I don't have it in me to read 7 pages of thread right now, but I can only imagine the number of pictures of gorgeous babes with gorgeous axes contained therein.

I have always wondered about this connection, though. I can say, without question, that rock and roll is in some way related to my desire to crossdress. I was first exposed to music in the mid to late eighties, so that ought to say something. I think that David Lee Roth is a fascinating figure (does my sig confirm that, or what?). Even though he was a paragon of machismo in his time, there are many things undeniably feminine about him at the same time.

And when I think about my crossdressing roots, I often picture Vince Neil, circa Theater of Pain, with his pink lipstick, blonde hair, and white gloves. Or any of Poison's album covers. And, my god - so many high heels! These are the same qualities that got me to check out Bowie, or pick up a New York Dolls album without ever hearing a note.

Even now, I adore Lady Gaga. And I know it's because she's got that thing, with the outrageous clothes and the bright makeup, and that weird, effusive balance between gender-defining lines that performers often express. I just feel like this can't be a coincidence. But what came first? The chicken or the egg? Our trans-inklings, or the artists that were free to present in a way that defied the rules?

In any event, I think it's great that there are plenty of other guitarists out there who get a little bored with the usual male-constraints. I guess that begs the question, though - any drummers?

Beverley Sims
03-05-2014, 07:59 AM
As this thread wends it's way through the cosmos, I am starting to believe there is something to the original post.

I am starting to believe it myself. :)