PDA

View Full Version : How to tell the hormones are kicking in

I Am Paula
12-14-2013, 04:50 PM
You can put in or remove any type of screw with a butter knife. You have a set of adorable pink handled screwdrivers in the laundry room.

You go into a twenty minute tirade if you find the toilet seat up. Ten minutes if you live alone.

You stand in the checkout line for twenty minutes. When the cashier says '$7.21 please', act as if you had no idea you might need to get to your wallet.

You pay for everything with exact change, no matter how long it takes. If you're a quarter short, empty purse.

You start using coupons. Lots of them.

No matter what time you start getting ready, ten minutes before you're supposed to leave, you run through the house in your underwear looking for your earrings. You find one by each telephone.

You order the cheese cake. Then put sweet'n'low in your coffee.

This is not learned behaviour. It's the stuff that creeps in while you're waiting for your breast to grow. HRT does lots of small things we weren't conscious off, like buying the same color lipstick seven times looking for the perfect shade. Hey, you can't teach this stuff!

Enjoy! If you know any other distinctly female idiosycracies, add them. Only in fun.

gonegirl
12-14-2013, 06:26 PM
+1 on always looking for the exact change. What the heck is up with that??? LOL

mary something
12-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Ten minutes if you live alone.

haha, that was good.

How about if asked where you want to dine out at say "I don't care" then when a choice is made suggest somewhere else, then deny wanting that and maintain that the original choice is the only thing that will please you :)

Aprilrain
12-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I've never done any of this.

Nothing worse than getting stuck in line behind coupon/check writer!

2 phones? I assume that means you have a landline? And I though one needed a flux capacitor and Delorean to see one of those these days!

JohnH
12-14-2013, 08:40 PM
After my being on HRT for a time my wife noticed my motions and gestures are feminine. For example, a man who brushes his hair aside will bend his fingers. However, a woman will have her fingers straight, and I notice I have my fingers straight.

[Added section]

This morning I put on distinctively masculine clothes - plaid shirt with men's faded blue jeans, and I looked in the mirror. I am getting to the point where I look like a woman crossdressing F2M with men's clothing instead of androgynous clothing. Also, when I wear a dress around the house I no longer look like a "dude wearing dress"

[End added section]

Johanna

Angela Campbell
12-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Hmmmm....maybe I bought a nice back scratcher for when my back itches, instead of using the toilet brush...?

Carlene
12-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Paula, I think you are spot on.........nothing quite like a morning smile...............thank you........Carlene

Leah Lynn
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Now, that's funny! You have obviously been watching me! The earrings, though, is where did I set the phone last? If I find the earring, I'll find the phone.

10 minutes before leaving, I change from skirt and top, and look for a dress. Or vice-versa..........then change back, but with different shoes.

Hugs,

Leah

BritneyLynn
12-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Hmmmm....maybe I bought a nice back scratcher for when my back itches, instead of using the toilet brush...?Ewwww!!!

JohnH
12-25-2013, 02:27 AM
When I went to a supermarket (Kroger) yesterday (Dec. 23) I was referred twice as a woman. I was wearing a plaid shirt with men's jeans - but with my femme haircut, lipstick, and my natural C cup breasts. The first time a woman was blocking me and her husband told her "Let her (meaning me) go past. And then there was a woman who walked in front of me - "Excuse me, Ma'am".

I guess I need to be sensitive to other people's feelings and not reply in my deep masculine bass voice when I am read as a woman. If I am ma'amed I need to reply in a lightened higher pitched feminine voice.

I guess I am to the point where I don't pass that well as a man.

Johanna

Kandy Barr
12-26-2013, 04:25 PM
How bout waking up in the morning and the first thing you do is look in the mirror to see if your boobs grew. Am I the only one??????

Leah Lynn
12-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Kandy

You are not alone! Of course, I also check the caboose for further developments!

Hugs,

Leah

JohnH
12-26-2013, 10:11 PM
I know my boobs are growing - the breast growth pains are persistent. As far as my caboose is concerned, I have always had a big butt since puberty. Everybody is different.

Johanna

mikiSJ
12-27-2013, 04:18 AM
...The earrings, though, is where did I set the phone last? If I find the earring, I'll find the phone...

Always be sure to know where your cell OR land line phone is so you can call your land line phone or cell to find your earrings.

I Am Paula
12-27-2013, 09:35 AM
One of my earliest memories of my late mother was her removing one earring to answer the phone. It must have imprinted, as I do it automatically. Unlike my mother, I usually remember to put it back on.

DeeDee1974
12-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Definitely running around in my underwear trying to get ready. Not necessarily looking for earrings, but just way more of a challenge to get anywhere on time. Drives my boyfriend nuts.