PDA

View Full Version : On a high!

Dianne S
12-15-2013, 12:17 AM
I've just come back from my first big CD social event. Our local CD/TG support group had a Christmas party at a local hotel. There were about 60 people there. It was my first time really going out in public... had to walk about 150m past the reception desk from the room where I changed to the party. No-one batted an eyelid.

At the party, another first: First time I danced en femme. Yes, cliches, but I had to dance to "Dancing Queen" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Just had to share. :)

valerieg
12-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Congratulations! What did you wear?

chelyann
12-15-2013, 12:22 AM
way to go girl :)

oliviall
12-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Awesome! Once you've learned that most eyelids won't be batted you have so much more freedom :)

Dianne S
12-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Congratulations! What did you wear?

Thanks. I had on a pink lace dress that ended just above the knee and a black sweater from Le Chateau (a Canadian retailer). Also had 3" heels from Le Chateau. The sweater came off when I was dancing.

If I ever get enough courage, I will post pictures.

jaye_cd
12-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Grats on your first big outing! The more you get out there the easier you'll find it becomes!

AngelaKelly<3
12-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Sounds like it was heaps of fun! :bg:

I'd be a very happy girl if I get to go to an event like that, surrounded by like minded people. But, I'm very much "in training" at the moment :wacko:

Lynn Marie
12-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Well done girl. The first time is such an incredible experience. It's amazing that we don't have heart failure right then and there!

KayleeDahl
12-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Congratulations on your first big event! As the others have said, it certainly gets easier each time. It seems crazy, and I didn't believe it, but it does. its pretty amazing at how few people "bat an eye" at us, maybe just a sign that people are getting more accepting.

Beverley Sims
12-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah!
Great songs to dance to, nothing like a lot of cliches, as long as they are good. :)

mykell
12-15-2013, 07:36 AM
GOOD FOR YOU ! glad you had a good time...

Rebecca W.
12-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi Dawn,
Congratulations on your first outing in public. It is stories like yours that really inspire us to push our limits on crossdressing. I have always wanted to attend such an event and your story has given me more thoughts of finally pushing forward to do it.

Thank you for sharing your nice story with us. Please, post a picture of you in your pretty dress.

Marcelle
12-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Dawn,

Congrats on attending the XMAS party. I was unable due to a previous commitment. However next both my wife and I will be attending.

Glad you had a great time and congrats on your first time out in public.

Hugs

Isha

Connie.Marie
12-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Dawn,
THANK YOU for sharing your feelings with us.
I can relate. My first real outing with a group of others was amazing too - with the TN Vals.

Now I see that there are LOTS of events that we can attend if we have the time & money.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Adriana Moretti
12-15-2013, 07:37 PM
congrats that sounds like you had a blast.....dancing is one of my favorite activities !!!