PDA

View Full Version : It begins with a first step

Peggie Lee
12-15-2013, 11:29 PM
I had my first session with a Gender Therapist this week end and looking forward to the next. Just to be able to talk to another person about the hidden feelings and desires of a life time, was scary and wonderfully at the same time.
Afterwards I told my mother and brother I started seeing a therapist and was warmed by their support, been divorce for 21 yrs so thats one problem I won't have to deal with. My heart goes out to all of you who are starting this transition and having to deal with an unsupportive family or SO.

Love to you All

Rylee :battingeyelashes:

Kelly DeWinter
12-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Welcome and congratulations , keep us posted on your progress.

Jorja
12-16-2013, 04:00 PM
You are right Rylee, it does begin with that first step. There will be things along the way that will truly inspire you and things that will rock you to the core. Each is an important step in your journey. Know that there are many here that have traveled that path before you and have been very successful and hope that you will find that same success if that is your desire. We are only a click away if you ever need to talk.

Kandy Barr
12-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi, I started HRT 2 months ago and the transition is wonderful. I wish you success in your journey, like Jorga said, we are only a click away and we are here to support you if you need.

KayleeTaylor
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Congratulations on your first step :) I am at the beginning of this complicated maze myself. I hope my first gender therapy session goes as wonderful as yours. I hope you find happiness in your new journey.

:hugs:

Kaylee :)

Barbara Ella
12-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Congratulations Rylee. I am just in the beginning stage of this journey, at 67. I do have the family constraints (43 yr marraige etc.). I do, however, know the importance of taking the first step and then having the courage to follow it up in sequence. You have taken that step, and you can rely on everyone here to help you as you progress.

Barbara

Suzanne F
12-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Congratulations Rylee! Please keep sharing your story. They all inspire me!
Hugs
Suzanne

Billiejosehine
12-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Congrats, I myself am the very beginning stages of my transition. I am seeing a therapist now, but I'm the process of finding a gender therapist. I am also feeling nervous to take the next step and go as smoothly as yours.