PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Eyes

Donna tv
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Has anyone watched the kind of new show on Friday night called the Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love Hewitt. I love her eye lashes, all be it they are false but they are kind of a retro look from back in the 60's. I actually just saw a GG at a store with the same look, not show girl type/ drag queen look but very feminine hope it catches on, I have never tried false eyelashes yet but think they are in my near future. Also I just heard this morning that you can get eye lash extensions put on which takes about 3 hours to do and they last for 60 to 90 days for about $250.00. AHHHH to be a GG.

Julie York
01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Seems you are the only one who knows the show.

False eyelashes look fun to try though.

Jenney Love
01-03-2006, 06:08 PM
I noticed her eyes the other night, they are very nice.
I tried false lashes for the first time this past holloween, and use them all the time now when I dress. The difference they make is astounding!

Jenney

DanaJ
01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Also I just heard this morning that you can get eye lash extensions put on which takes about 3 hours to do and they last for 60 to 90 days for about $250.00. AHHHH to be a GG.Actually, these have been around for years, and although they claim they will last that long, they rarely do. And you cannot wash, use mascara, rub your eyes, and need to be touched up every 2 weeks at around $50 a pop.... way too expensive for me. Oh, and you are right, JLH has lovely eyes :)

Rikki Elisabeth
01-03-2006, 10:05 PM
When I first started going to a salon, they asked why I didn't have my lashes tinted? I blinked and acted really dumb [I was!] The told me that men's lashes lose color in the sun. The tinting actually works and it isn't as obvious as false eyelashes may be. However, if you can get luscious lashes, do it!!!!

DanaJ
01-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Men's lashes lose color in the sun, but not women's lashes? Did they tell you the reason behind this?

Tamara Croft
01-03-2006, 10:12 PM
False eyelashes are great to wear :D These lash extensions though are not what they are cracked up to be. They don't last 60 to 90 days at all, since all hairs growth cycle is every 4 weeks, theres no way that these extensions would last that long.

I've never heard of just mens lashes loosing colour in the sun....... ALL hair loses colour in the sun..... not just mens lashes :rolleyes:

Mona
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I dress every Friday evening to watch this show. It makes me cry (In a good way) and Jennifer is absolutly lovely to watch!

Rikki Elisabeth
01-03-2006, 10:19 PM
What they told me applied not only to the lashes but to the skin and the lips. Women wear protective agents...mascara, skin lotion, foundation, lip stick. Men don't. The make up actually protects from the affect of the sun. I don't know if it is true but if you think about it, you could probably make a case for saying: "that makes sense."

Hugs....

Men's lashes lose color in the sun, but not women's lashes? Did they tell you the reason behind this?

DonnaT
01-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Has anyone watched the kind of new show on Friday night called the Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Love the show, it can be quite moving at times.

And I agree, she has great eyes.