PDA

View Full Version : An Epiphany

Julie Gaum
12-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Was seated on the only seat where I know what I'm doing when a light bulb went on. For those who complain that they don't want to be under the TG umbrella because the Latin word "Trans" bothers them because it becomes confused with
transsexual which some happen not to be and "gender" is not what their actions seems to involve. And "transvestite" is still a derogatory word in many countries so let's drop "trans"and "cross" alltogether. Further the lines of attire are steadily becoming blurred between genders. Okay, here it is (wait for it) --- From now on when we we change clothes in the sanctity of the home or are planning to go out en femme we'll say "i'm geeting dressed" or "I'm going out dressed". Yep that's all.
And the umbrella will be GLBTD for we all come under "Dressed".
What do you think?
Julie

Miriam-J
12-17-2013, 10:08 PM
One more problem ... some of us are also nudists ;-)

Lucy_Bella
12-17-2013, 11:05 PM
I don't know about that but not to long ago "everyone " fell under the Transvestite umbrella ...

Trans = across

Vestere = to dress or to wear

But that drew many complaints from people who felt it was more about the gender issues and the name was considered an insult to those with gender issues.. Sound familiar? They changed the term but now that the internet has came along you have a large group of cross dressers without gender issues ( that are in the closet and was not account for prior) ..Wheres the empathy? I feel I am very supportive for the Trans community but sometimes it feels like a one way road..

Beverley Sims
12-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Julie,
I quite often say "dressed" meaning dressed and I think there is too much thinking and analysing that borders on the insane sometimes.
I rode on a train once called the Trans....Continental. :)