PDA

View Full Version : First night out; the check list

SamGreen
12-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Good evening all,

first off, Merry Christmas!

I have an opportunity to go out this Saturday to a local group that is having a Christmas Pub night. The pub is closed to the public. This will be my first time. What am I thinking.

So, I've got the LBD, the falsies, some shape ware hips, tights, the wig and even foot wear (but no winter boots).

My wife has offered to lend me a purse as the LBD I have doesn't have a spot for my wallet. I'm sure that the purse will be forgotten by the end of the night. She won't be there to remind me either.

I haven't found any 'press on nails' to try and hide the man hands and un-manicured fingernails.

To be prudent, I'm also packing a 'man bag' with appropriate clothing plus winter essentials as we have 9 inches of snow right now.

Does anyone see something that I've forgotten?

Thanks to all,
Sam

"Mary"
12-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Nerve: Check!

There are a million specific little things that you may wish to have. I think you have most important things.
Make up was not listed?

Good Luck. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Thanks for sharing

Adriana Moretti
12-17-2013, 11:15 PM
hmmm makeup remover...just in case...an extra set of earrings if you are wearing clip ons just in case you lose one. Extra nails if you do get nails in time, in case one breaks...extra tights incase you get a run....good question.

Stephanie Miller
12-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Comfortable flats. If the shoes you wear are new, or if heels and you are not use to wearing them, you may want to swap midway through rather than get blisters.

Sometimes Steffi
12-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Don't forget makeup.

As a precaution, make sure that you have makeup remover, nail polish remover, fake nail remover and man clothes, in case you need to fix a flat or something. I like to have jewelry, like earrings, bracelet, watch, necklace and rings. {lus, I usually carry some hair clips or scrunchies to weep the wig hair out of my eyes and out of my food.

Make sure you have some new razor blades to get eid of whatever hair you feel comfortable sacraficing.

GretchenJ
12-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Maybe a ladies wallet to place money, License and credit card, that way you can leave your wallet at home

.. And yes, you forgot to say you will have a great time out.

AimeeG
12-18-2013, 12:13 AM
You didn't specify what shoes you were wearing...my advice wear tennis shoes to the foyer and then change to your select shoe, especially if their heels. Plus, when the evening is over you can change back and your feet won't feel so sore on the drive home!

Sara Ann
12-18-2013, 12:36 AM
I always throw a little tube of super glue into my purse for the eventual peeling off of some of those nails.

SamGreen
12-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Thank you everyone, this is fantastic.

I will use some limited makeup, foundation and maybe some lipstick and eye shadow. The make up remover is a great idea.

The scrunchies, another good one! That and another pair of footwear. I think this time of year it will be winter boots, and I'm not up to navigating 9 inches of snow in heals my first night out!

A women's wallet and accessories. Challenge accepted.

And NERVE. Hmm, I wonder if that comes in a bottle?

Sophie Yang
12-18-2013, 05:11 AM
Sam,

Top of the list: confidence, relax, be yourself, and have fun; not necessarily in that order.

linda allen
12-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Wouldn't your wife be the best person to ask about what you need to go out? I'm assuming you live with her and see and talk to her every day,

Since this seems like the first time you are going out in public, let me suggest that it not be. Go out ahead of time as a woman and see how things go. Go to the mall, go to the park, go to the downtown section of the city. Make mental notes of any problems or anything you might have missed. The, when it comes time for the party, you'll be ready.

Jackie7
12-18-2013, 09:07 AM
In the fifteen years I have been going out, and I go out a lot, I always packed but never used the emergency man bag. So sometime last year I stopped bothering with it. I suppose it could feel exhilarating, like high wire with no net, but actually it feels like one less thing to manage.

Barbra P
12-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Hmmm? Let’s see, I went to a support group dinner party last Saturday, what was in my purse? My Driver’s License and proof of insurance card – pretty much mandated by law. Then there was my AAA card in case of car troubles, my Kaiser card in case I needed medical attention, and my Visa card. Then one compartment I had makeup, two or three lipsticks, nail clippers, a compact – I find the mirror indispensable when I want to reapply lip stick and I don’t want to go to the Ladies Room to do it. My cell phone was neatly tucked away in the pocket provided. Then in the main compartment there was a brush, a small packet of tissues, some glasses cleaning wipes, cigarettes and lighter. Oh yea, money, be sure to have money – funny how often the need for money crops up.

Now that’s a lot of personal things, things you would not want to part with so I would implore you to act lady like and keep track of your purse and don’t forget about the purse. It might be something you have to work at, after all as a man you’re used to walking around with all your personal stuff tucked safely away in your wallet which is secure in your hip pocket. But now as a woman you don’t have a hip pocket, probably no pockets of any sort, so you carry a purse. The purse is larger than a wallet, women carry more things with them than do most men, but it is inherently less secure so as a woman you have to be more vigilant.

Beverley Sims
12-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Just find some warm boots.

Chickhe
12-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Smile. Just don't forget to smile and just do it... there is nothing wrong with going out and be yourself, but do your best to look good. Start to get ready early so you are not rushed. ...I would definitely get some long winter boots...very easy to find for cheap over at the thrift stores. A purse is great, but a money belt under your skirt might be easier to not loose anything.

prettygirl4
12-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Sounds to me like you'll look beautiful! Smile and have fun!

NicoleScott
12-18-2013, 03:06 PM
All the times I went OUT I never carried a purse. But the first time I went IN to a tg-friendly club, I had several things I might need, but I had no purse, so I used a camera bag. Black, it even matched my shoes and did a decent job as a purse. I wore fake nails with nail tabs, and carried some spare tabs in the purse, along with lipstick, money, keys, ID, and I even have a folding brush.

robindee36
12-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Sam, I don't see where anyone suggested the most important thing, one that must never be forgotten when heading out dressed.....Have fun with it ;)

If it ain't fun why the heck do we expend so much effort?

Have a great time out and just go with the flow. Things will work out fine.

A very Merry Christmas to you. Pics to follow ????? ;)

Hugs, Robin

kendra_gurl
12-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Seems you have forgotten jewelry to accessorize the LBD and with the winter weather a feminine coat is a must.

Deedee Skyblue
12-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Since you are likely to lose your purse, leave the really important things in the trunk of your car? Carry cash instead of a credit card. Figure out some way to get into your car and get it started if you lose your keys in your purse. (My car has a combination lock, so I have a spare key in the trunk.)

Deedee

PretzelGirl
12-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Of course you must have a camera. How else would you post a picture here? :heehee: Whatever happens and whatever you forget, have fun. You will always remember this.

RenneB
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Not sure what more to add here.... but you said something about a manbag. I'm thinking it's what I call the 'bale-out' bag. Everything I need to get out of my supergirl outfit and back into drab mode. That includes everything necessary to take whatever I put on, off. Tissues to soak with makeup remover, makeup remover, shoes, socks, shirt, pants, hat, coat, gloves.

As for the trip over, I use a series of purses. The big one I call my home base. Major items go in there to include; flats, wig tape, nylons, set of extra nails, perfume, etc. The second bag, is what I use to go into the mall with which includes; makeup, eye shadow, big wallet, money, coins, comb, nail file, super glue, extra pair of earrings, makeup, more makeup... Then there's the little purse that I take into the club. No bigger than my cell phone which is what takes up most of the space then a side pocket for the driver's license, credit card, cash, and maybe lip stick and eye liner. It has a strap that I can hang onto my wrist so I don't lose it. I usually dump the car keys in the car and use the car code to get back in.

Hope this helps.....

Renne.....

SamGreen
12-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Today I started to look for accessories and almost got outed to someone I work with. Good thing that it is Christmas time and I have a wife!

Thank you everyone that has contributed.

I'll have a busy Saturday morning sorting all the loose ends out! I still haven't found easy nails yet... Oh the challenges we have.

Sam.

Sometimes Steffi
12-18-2013, 11:27 PM
And NERVE. Hmm, I wonder if that comes in a bottle?

Of course it does. I think it's called Whisky.

In the fifteen years I have been going out, and I go out a lot, I always packed but never used the emergency man bag. So sometime last year I stopped bothering with it. I suppose it could feel exhilarating, like high wire with no net, but actually it feels like one less thing to manage.

The one time I actually needed my man bag, it didn't make the trip. My wife was out of town, so I intended to come back en femme after dark. Then I got a call from my daughter (who doesn't know) that she was going to crash in my place. No biggie thought. I'll just change in the car. But, when I went to get my man bag, it wasn't there. It turns out it was left behind. Luckily, my daughter was sound asleep by the time I got home.

SamGreen
12-19-2013, 03:08 AM
My dear wife laughed at me tonight regarding the purse (and forgetting it). "Just tuck your money in your bra like everyone else does". Bless her...

Now where do the keys go?

I think the man bag is a necessity right now. My kids don't know, and I do fear the repercussions towards them (and my wife and I) if this gets out into the neighbourhood.

5150 Girl
12-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Sam,

Top of the list: confidence, relax, be yourself, and have fun; not necessarily in that order.

I agree,,, top of the list!

Chickhe
12-19-2013, 03:08 PM
If the neighbors catch you in the act...it was for kicks...you were wondering what the fuss was about since people do it all the time...

Flirty_Fantasies
12-20-2013, 09:21 PM
This is a really good way to handle this situation. Thanks, Ms. C!

nervedisc
12-24-2013, 12:04 PM
I would think comfort would be key so you can focus on other things. I haven't been out yet

SamGreen
12-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Well, Mother Nature decided to cancel the outing. Only an inch of FREEZING RAIN that night. I was completely energized to finally get out, and even with my wife's support! Something to look forward to in the new year!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Sam