PDA

View Full Version : Making a commitment to start my transition

Billiejosehine
12-18-2013, 08:45 PM
After three sessions with my current therapist said I could still see her for other issues, but that needed to find someone else with more expertise in gender identity. We'll after a week of looking around, I finally got to talk to a therapist on the phone. After the conversation they said that since they never written a letter before they were going to talk to a few other therapist and a few people he knows that are in the middle of transition. He's going to call me back by next week to let me know what he found. After much consideration and my marriage on the brink of divorce, I am done waiting and I'm ready to take the next step to start my transition.

Rianna Humble
12-19-2013, 01:54 AM
I think your current therapist is wise to know her limitations. I'm sorry the search is taking so long, have you tried getting in touch with your nearest LGBT support group or hotline to see if they have any recommendations?

I remember the feeling of needing to make a start quite well, but at least you are taking active steps towards beginning.

mary something
12-19-2013, 04:56 PM
That is good that you'll have two therapists. It sounds like your life is about to experience a lot of change and growth. This can be painful but ultimately it can make you a much happier person if you do the hard work of hanging in there step by step even when you don't always feel like it,. You're not the first person in a tough situation like this nor the last unfortunately. I hope all the best for you and use this board when you need it. Everyone here has faced adversity in different ways. Keep posting!