PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever used any form of public transportation while dressed up?

FemmeElastique
12-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Have you ever used any form of public transportation while dressed up?

I did a few times. I went to Budapest, Hungary last year for a few days. A few nights, I decided to get dressed and go to a gay club/bar I found on the internet. I had a blast. I also got drunk and decided to take public transportation back to my hotel I didn't know how to call for a taxi. There I was on the bus at like 5:30/6am with a dress and tall heels on with people looking like they were going to work. LOL! I ended up farther from my hotel than I started and found an open air market where I gave someone my phone to call me a taxi.

I also took the tram here in Krakow home after a night out while I was dressed up.

oliviall
12-19-2013, 08:08 PM
MARTA, the Atlanta Rail system to the Atlanta Airport, followed by Southwest Airlines back home :)

There was an interesting street (or train?) preacher on my car for a while. Coherence was not a superpower of his. A man started to argue with him, never a good move. The preacher was really talking to the captive audience, not with them, so nothing came of it, but it was mildly amusing for a few minutes.

Megan Thomas
12-19-2013, 08:25 PM
I often use the local bus services when I feel like a break from driving or because the traffic jams are just not worth contemplating. I have never encountered any issues whatsoever.

Eryn
12-19-2013, 08:26 PM
I've ridden the LA subways a few times. Nothing special about it, just sit down and stare at the walls while fending off an occasional panhandler.

AnntoAnn
12-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Loads of times I have used the bus. I don't use the local bus, but if I go shopping to places like Chester, York, I will always use the park and ride. Used the train the underground a few times dressed, nerve racking at first especially if it gets full as you usually end up sat next to or opposite someone for some time. Would not use a late night bus or underground for obvious reasons.

Cristi
12-19-2013, 08:31 PM
I drove into Boston one day a few years ago. Parked at a subway station that was at the end of a line (the Alwife station) then took the train in. I ended up using the subway several times to go to different parts of the city, all while in a charcoal grey skirt suit, heels and hose.

By the time I was ready to leave, it was rush hour so the train back to where I was parked was shoulder-to-shoulder.

I never got so much as a second glance the entire day.

Beverley Sims
12-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Well if you have to get around dressed it is a long walk from A to B sometimes.
I use public transport regularly.
I find a travel card is the best, pouring coin and banknotes into the slots on the bus is not for me.

valerieg
12-19-2013, 11:46 PM
I spent a week en femme in Chicago in October. My only transportation that week was by bus, train, or the L... and quite a bit of walking. I found it liberating.

Rachel Morley
12-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Yes. In San Francisco I have taken a cable car, a bus, and the BART subway.

donnalee
12-20-2013, 01:07 AM
One thing you may want to watch is falling asleep on one. We had an incident recently where a gender indifferent teenager (his description) fell asleep on a bus wearing a skirt and was set on fire by another even younger teenager. He was in the hospital for over a month with second and third degree burns. Just a word of warning - be careful!

bridget thronton
12-20-2013, 04:08 AM
I flew dressed once

grace7777
12-24-2013, 12:48 AM
I have taken public transportation many times in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix while dressed up, and did not experience any problems.

alicia45
12-24-2013, 03:14 AM
It's something I've considered since cabs are so expensive, but I've always chickened out because I was afraid. I live in SF and anything can happen on MUNI--especially on the 38, aka "Dirty-8". The kid who was set ablaze was in Oakland--not far from us, but a bit of a different planet. Still, SF MUNI can be sketchy even for those in drab. For those who have tried it in SF, what were your experiences?

Marcelle
12-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Just yesterday, I tried our transit system up here in the sunny and snowy north. I went fine I was even offered a seat by an older gentleman. I was going to say "no thank-you" but he was so sincere and sweet that I took his offer. Other than that, I got a few stares, a couple of teens pointed and giggled but no big issues. However, there are some bus routes I would avoid but heck I avoid them in "guy mode".

Hugs

Isha

Ronah
12-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Over the years I have frequently travelled by train and bus en femme, sometimes in crowded trains, and have never had any problems or queries, Mainly I think it is confidence that will always carry one through. Exactly the same as with shopping and other activities, just smile and act as though you should be there.

mariehart
12-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Never have. It is one of my fantasies though. I came close to it once when one morning I dressed in my 'office' clothes, sensible blue skirt, white blouse and sensible heels and headed for the bus stop. I chickened out though. I would have no problem with taxis though. Those guys have seen it all.

BOBBI G.
12-24-2013, 06:17 AM
I will be using public transport for the first time early next year. I am out to the world and have started my transition and have to go to the VA in Miami (Fl) I'm a little freaked by the thought, but my head crusher told me there will be nothing to worry about. She said there will be no trouble on the trains and the walk from my stop to the VA should be uneventful. Hope she's right. I'm nervous as he-- over this.

Bobbi

Phoebe
12-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes I have used the MTC (Minneapolis - St Paul) bus system while wearing a dress and short heels. There are at least six TG who are drivers for the MTC and they are accepted and have health coverage for GRS surgery.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Other than Airplanes I have never taken public transportation in guy mode or femme mode. I have flown enfemme a half dozen times, it's pretty cool.