PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever traveled while CDing?

FemmeElastique
12-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Questions for everyone:

Have you ever traveled while CDing? Such as....bus, plane, train? You can include driving too.

As I was flying last week, I imagined what it would be like to travel while CDing. I actually really kinda wanna fly while I'm dressed up. I just wonder with all the security if anyone would trip about my passport and it being me as a man and looking up to me with makeup and a wig. But I actually want to experience that to see how it is. Maybe I'd like to travel by train here in Poland dressed up to see how it is. IF it's any different. I find that generally people don't really care.

Yeah, I really want to try flying en femme.

chrissy111
12-19-2013, 02:20 PM
I flew to Hawaii years ago with no issues. Stayed dressed the whole time and flew home. What a great vacation that was.

ArleneRaquel
12-19-2013, 02:24 PM
I have "traveled" usually with a male companion to a neighboring state & always by car. I have checked to a few hotels/motels enfemme with a male mate. Most of these "events" have occurred in Illinois, a very few in an adjoining state, Wisconsin, Iowa, & Indiana to be exact. No problems or hassles at all. :)

Kelley
12-19-2013, 02:50 PM
All the time. I travel for business and always drive home dressed and dress in the evening for dinner

verytheresa
12-20-2013, 02:25 AM
Well when traveling in a car I put my high heels on while driving. That's about it.

Christa Race
12-20-2013, 02:42 AM
When I go out with my friends is the only I get a chance I get to travel dressed. I mostly drive when we go out and I always drive with my heels on. I do more clubbing or bar hopping. I have never really thought of that though to travel on a plane dressed, but it is thought.

bridget thronton
12-20-2013, 03:52 AM
I have traveled by car dressed many times - only flown dressed once (put on the skirt after the TSA check point)

Jennifer Kelly
12-20-2013, 04:29 AM
I have not. But I would like to visit Las Vegas en femme because I hear it is very friendly to us. It's about a 5 hour drive from here so I can see driving pretty as well. I just don't have the balls (ha!) to do it yet.

AmandaPanda
12-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Would getting through TSA be an issue? i dont know part of me could see it as long as you are honest and show id if asked there isnt much they can do, worse case you get held up in one of their rooms for a bit
i think that would be better than to try and change after that checkpoint
One day i will do it, just need a place/reason to fly

Girl
12-20-2013, 09:04 AM
I've drive and also travel by train and bus dressed very often and have done for many years. I've never flown dressed, though. I would love to do that! :)

Janet Bern
12-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Only in my car to shop or have lunch

I Am Paula
12-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Flying is easy. Use your male ID. You will be treated with respect, discretion, and courtesy. TSA has a whole policies, and procedures manual about it, search 'TSA transgender policies'. Be nice to them...they get abuse all day long. Almost forgot...wear comfortable shoes.

PretzelGirl
12-20-2013, 10:16 AM
I have driven quite often on trips. The most common have been driving to and from Diva Las Vegas and when I go to Idaho to see my daughter and her family. Not one bad experience and that includes a traffic stop.

I have not. But I would like to visit Las Vegas en femme because I hear it is very friendly to us. It's about a 5 hour drive from here so I can see driving pretty as well. I just don't have the balls (ha!) to do it yet.

Maybe you would be interested in the previously mentioned Diva Las Vegas. Check it out: http://www.geekbabe.com/dlv/

Jennifer Kelly
12-20-2013, 01:40 PM
DLV is on my radar for sure. Not certain I'll be ready in 2014 (or be able to get the time off work, I start a new job on Monday). But I definitely want to try and make it in 2015.

Beverley Sims
12-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Yes quite often. specially on holidays away from home.

Allison2006
12-20-2013, 03:52 PM
I once drove from Ohio to Pennsylvania, about an eight hour trip, in heels and nylons. Does that count?

kimdl93
12-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Yes, I frequently drive between Texas and my real home in Minnesota, always en femme. I stay in nice hotels and eat at family restaurants... never have a problem.

Robynts
12-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Erica. . Wearing just heels and nylons? That is very brave. :-). I have flown from Houston to St. Louis and on to Louisville with out incident. TSA was terrific to me. I did a post about my adventure. Check it out. Robyn

NathalieX66
12-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Planes and trains, darling. .........Yes, I've done both.

LaraPeterson
12-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I fly internationally on a regular basis, 6 to 10 times a year. Most of the time, now, I travel en femme. The first time was a little scary, but after that nary a thought about traveling otherwise. TSA & Customs and Border Patrol see it all the time.

Ciara Brianne
12-20-2013, 11:48 PM
I drove across country en femme a couple of times on trips. The people in the gas stations and restaurants didn't seem to pay much attention. Only one person has said anything about it and what was said was more of a compliment than anything.

Ciara

SheriM
12-23-2013, 03:45 PM
I have driven cross country enfemme often. Each time, I get more comfortable. Usually, when stopping at a rest stop, I would only go in if the rest stop was empty. The last time, I just went in to the ladies room and did my business, put everything back in place and left. I try to look as passable as possible. Usually driving in a skirt. On the last trip, I went femme for an entire week. It was wonderful.

Michelle_Phoenix
12-23-2013, 05:59 PM
I've done it once. I went out one night for something to eat and was dressed from the waste down. A skirt, underwear, and Uggs. I went through the drive-thru and no one noticed, but it felt so good to be out in a skirt.

Michaela42
12-23-2013, 06:09 PM
As some have mentioned, I have only ever driven while wearing hosiery and shoes. In fact, I drove almost the entire way across the country while wearing pantyhose (not the same pair) and a pair of white skimmers/flats. Now, whenever I have the chance, I usually swap out my male shoes for a more fem style as soon as possible.

AlyssaS
12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I have flown/taken train in woman's clothes in male mode. Last time it was a woman's turtleneck, women's jeans, and 2 1/2 inch boots. Had a VS add 2 cup bra on, but no forms, and no makeup/wig.

Julie Gaum
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Back when there were no TSA and no electronic gates, and when traveling dressed meant underdressing only (In the 1970s) it still required the extra suit case and, sometimes, a one-hour motel rate in order to change before the flight. Add to that the fact that vests were worn with suits --- hiding the bra shape -- and that was pretty daring at least for me. Underdressed while opening new stores as manager or as head honcho in northern states and south. Recall one driving trip from Ohio to New Orleans when made a point of keeping all my male underclothes and sleepwear in a bag in trunk to make it difficult to switch in the event a big O got in the way. Wore cowboy boots so that the hosiery wasn't obvious --- daring then and so "No Big Deal" now but when one looks back --- yes, then it was big to me.
Julie

jjjjohanne
12-25-2013, 07:21 AM
I flew once and it was fine. The thing I wasn't ready for was the thousands of people who I walked passed as I traveled to my concourse. Most of them looked at me. (I present male and wear a skirt.) I wore flats and that was excellent during security. Very easy. The next time I took a flight, I wanted to dress again, but I chickened out. At baggage claim, I ran into a couple people I know. I don't know if I will ever fly pretty again because of that. If I do, I will do it where both airports are not near a place I have lived!!

I sometimes wonder if someone who knows me saw me on the first flight and decided it was best not to approach me because of my outfit...

Nichole_31
01-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I travel by car all the time from NC to NY. I have dressed from the neck down. I want to dress up completely and make the drive. Now reading about flying has sparked another goal of mine:-)

Cheryl T
01-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Sure have. 2 years ago my wife and I did a week long "girls only" vacation traveling all over New England. It was wonderful (except for the unplanned 87 degree heat in Maine in October).

FemmeElastique
01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
LOL! I hope that didn't make you sweat off your makeup!

Sophie Yang
01-02-2014, 07:58 PM
I am not sure how it is in Poland, but flying in the US is not an issue. The government agency, TSA, has a published protocol they follow. As long as you show your real ID, not a problem. I fly on average 4 times a month.

Have a great flight wherever you decide to go!

Lacey New
01-03-2014, 05:58 AM
I used to drive quite frequently to various spots. Some overnight, some long day trips. I've changed my guy undies to girl undies in a few gas station or mall restrooms along the way. Once drove almost all the way across the US wearing panties and a bra every day.