PDA

View Full Version : Moore's Law and CDing

Wildaboutheels
12-19-2013, 04:07 PM
With so many engineers that water here, I imagine most are aware of Moore's Law.

If YOU could write something equivalent to fit/cover ALL CDers...

NOT possible.

What if I make it easier. How about MOST CDers?

How about: [based on a multitude of observations here at this Forum]...

As a CDer ages, the dresses get longer, the heels get shorter and the Os become more scattered.

Maybe someone CAN come up with something to cover ALL CDers?

I double dare you.

NicoleScott
12-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Wild's Law doesn't work for pleasure dressers. It does hold for CDers who dress to express their feminine identity, and heck, it holds for GG's, too. But if one dresses in private to delight in a fetish for, say, high heels or short skirts, that's what it is. Lower heels and longer skirts won't arouse. In fact, the opposite may be true, that it might take more extreme stimuli to arouse as age takes its toll.
For as long as I can remember, even before I had an "O" or knew what a fetish was, I had a fetish for high heels. As I (just today) posted in another thread, as I have aged, my heels have stayed high, but my standing and walking in them is reduced. I could handle even the highest heels when young, but age happens.
I'm unable to come up with anything that ALWAYS or NEVER holds true.

kendra_gurl
12-19-2013, 04:48 PM
As cd'ers age the image we see in the mirror does not age since our eyesight seems to diminish accordingly allowing us to continue to see only what we want to see looking back at us

EmilyPith
12-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Well, it's not Moore's Law but how about this one "objects in the mirror are not as large as they may appear"

AllieSF
12-19-2013, 06:45 PM
I have an engineering degree but really do not remember Moore's Law, nor Wild's law mentioned by Nicole. A little help here please.

Lorileah
12-19-2013, 07:09 PM
It would be impossible. First you have to have a hypothesis then a theory to which you must then prove. Then after proof you need to defend it against those who would try and disprove your proof (see #2 above...already happening). Even E=mc2 is being challenged still.

Justine Dawn
12-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Well said, Kendra!
Same applies to any ol' married couple: she is still the epitomy of feminity in my eyes.

Stefani Leggs
12-19-2013, 07:50 PM
i like kendra's answer the best.
I would like to think i look good enough to pass in public!

fondly
Stef
:kiss::kiss:

Wildaboutheels
12-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Aw c'mon folks. I've served up a Duck. This should be a piece of cake.

Lucy_Bella
12-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Easy.. cding

O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O1O101010101 01010101010.GO TO MIRROR.EXE 01010101010101010101010101010101010101010101.GO TO DIGITAL CAMERA BAT.EXE 01010101010101010101010101010101=run script compare photo .bat end .. run upper memory got old .bat = transform two times faster from experience .exe..010101010101010101010101101010101 run script error 01010101010101 debug.bat

Cristi
12-19-2013, 08:33 PM
My version of moore's law is that my spending on clothes doubles every 18 months...

Eryn
12-19-2013, 08:46 PM
In the past we have discussed Persephone's Law:

Persephone's Law: The probability of a CDer being read is proportional to the square of the number of CDers present.

In other words, one CDer can walk through the mall and nobody will pay attention to her. Have a dozen CDers walk through a mall and they will draw quite a bit of attention! :)

mikiSJ
12-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Allie, come on girl, you live on the outskirts of Silicon Valley:

Moore's law is the observation that, over the history of computing hardware, the number of transistors on integrated circuits doubles approximately every two years. The law is named after Intel co-founder Gordon E. Moore, who described the trend in his 1965 paper. His prediction has proven to be accurate, in part because the law is now used in the semiconductor industry to guide long-term planning and to set targets for research and development.

Beverley Sims
12-19-2013, 10:35 PM
The older we get the younger we dress.

A clothing fountain of youth maybe? :)

RADER
12-19-2013, 10:45 PM
All you people are just spinning your wheels, whistling in the wind.
IF you really want the answer, Ask Karren, our go to Engineer.
If there is an answer,, she would have it; and it would be the Law
of the Land.
Rader

PatriciaC
12-20-2013, 12:29 AM
How about

number of clothes in the closet doubles every 18 months

kendra_gurl
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
If a CD'er lives to be 90 years of age she will always be the Hottest Chic in the nursing home.

NicoleScott
12-20-2013, 09:01 AM
As a CDer ages, the dresses get longer, the heels get shorter and the Os become more scattered.

That's what I called Wild(aboutheels)'s Law. Still just a postulate, though.

Karren H
12-20-2013, 10:25 AM
All you people are just spinning your wheels, whistling in the wind.
IF you really want the answer, Ask Karren, our go to Engineer.
If there is an answer,, she would have it; and it would be the Law
of the Land.
Rader

I so love making up shit.... I do it all the time at work and there's no one left that knows enough to question it! lol

I think Boyle's law is applicable when applied to wearing corsets and girdles.... P1V1=P2V2...... the increased pressure is going to push what you have to a new location.... then of coarse with all that lingerie..... using PV=NRT you find that as the pressure goes up and the volume goes down your temperature rises....... so when you crossdress and wear a tight corset you reduce your volume (to fit into that lbd) which proportionally increases your perceived "hotness"....

Alice Torn
12-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Few things impress me more, than a seasoned senior lady, in hose, heels, and nice silver/salt and pepper hair, and a dress or skirt showing some legs. I try to look like that in the mirror, but can only imitate it.

Teri Ray
12-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Murphy's Law is applicable: Whatever can go wrong when dressing...........will go wrong. When combined with Moore's Law (I had to look it up). This translates to: When you are dressing you will screw up your make up (especially eyeliner) and run your stockings every other time your dress.

I am not as smart as I look.

Fiona Scott
12-20-2013, 01:51 PM
In the UK we also have "Murphy's Law" but also a competing hypothesis called "Sods Law". Fundamentally its the same thing i.e. what can go wrong will go wrong and at the most inconvenient time e.g. buttered toast always falls sticky side down, when your hands are full the door is pull not push, you always get a ladder (run) in your stockings when that's the only pair that you have, that is the right colour etc. Sods Law is universal, random, unpredictable and applies to every one so there is no point in fighting it ...... just let it happen!

Intellectual here init:)

Wildaboutheels
12-20-2013, 02:06 PM
I think this one is a No Brainer?

The chances of a CDer being busted, [no matter how well they really "pass"] will increase exponentially with the amount of rubbernecking [head swivels per minute] that the CDer is exhibiting.

Sarasometimes
12-20-2013, 02:31 PM
The risk of being read is directly proportionate to the number of inches above your knee your dress/skirt is.

NicoleScott
12-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Fiona, we just shorten all that to Sh*t Happens.

Niya W
12-20-2013, 02:40 PM
I so love making up shit.... I do it all the time at work and there's no one left that knows enough to question it! lol

I think Boyle's law is applicable when applied to wearing corsets and girdles.... P1V1=P2V2...... the increased pressure is going to push what you have to a new location.... then of coarse with all that lingerie..... using PV=NRT you find that as the pressure goes up and the volume goes down your temperature rises....... so when you crossdress and wear a tight corset you reduce your volume (to fit into that lbd) which proportionally increases your perceived "hotness"....
Damn you Karren I was thinking of Boyles law.

Kirchhoff's current law any one ?

RADER
12-20-2013, 08:38 PM

See, I told you our Karren would have the answers. Now copy it down, there will be a test on Tuesday.
Rader

Julie Gaum
12-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I need a formula to anticipate a Murphy Law event: Go to bathroom when nature calls, sit down, phone rings ---
how to break that action - reaction?
Julie

flatlander_48
12-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Law of Conservation of Crossdressing

The Law of Conservation of Crossdressing states that the total degree of crossdressing cannot change—it is said to be conserved over time. The degree of crossdressing can be neither created nor destroyed, but can change form, for instance from daughter to grandmother to regular GG and back again.

AmyGaleRT
12-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Law of (Lack of) Conservation of Shoes:

The number of shoes you need is always less than the number you have.

(May also be cited as "Marcos' Law." :D )

- Amy

5150 Girl
12-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Confidence doubles with each successful outing.
There should be a multiplication factor for public acceptance, but I'm not sure the ratio yet. I suppose variables to consider would be where you go and how many interactions you have.

Wildaboutheels
12-31-2013, 08:47 AM
ALL CDers are Humans and ALL Humans are unique.

wanagione
12-31-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm not an engineer but I love the answers! lol I love eryn and karren's answers!!

julia marie
12-31-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm with Cristi. Spending on clothes doubles every 18 months.
Or, try this: Calculate CD spending by taking a carefully measured and reasonable budget, then adding 50% for "just because" purchases.
I wonder what Gordon Moore would say if he knew we were doing this to his research.

MissTee
12-31-2013, 06:08 PM
I say too many laws, not enough shoe sales . . . and I love Amy's response.

As for Moore's, it feels like my wardrobe doubles every two years. Everything use to fit in one box. Now, it takes 3 gianormous closets.

LaraPeterson
01-01-2014, 11:48 PM
The more pantyhose I buy, the more pantyhose I want and the more pantyhose I want, the more pantyhose I buy. But, then, that holds true for shoes, and bras, and skirts, and nail polish, and blouses. . ad infinitum.