PDA

View Full Version : I know I shouldn't have

Sarah Beth
12-19-2013, 06:17 PM
I was wondering what to get my wife for Christmas when I noticed she was looking at nightgowns and robes in the Woman Within catalog. She looked at a couple of things a seemed to dwell on them so I took notice of which ones they were and then I ordered them for her.

That wasn't a big deal and in my in box of my email there was a coupon code for 50% off. Half off the highest priced item which is great. Then I noticed if I got three or more items it would be half off the second highest priced item too. I'm frugal. I like to save money so I continued to browse the web site and I found a nice bra I really liked on sale. They didn't have it in her size, what a shame. Wait a minute though they have it in my size. I know I shouldn't have. I mean I was shopping for her not for me. Then again I could would save more than the bra cost if I bought that third thing and got that bigger discount.

I know I shouldn't have but I bought myself a bra. It came today after I had put away all my things because my grand daughter is coming for two weeks. Well no one was home, so well, even though I know I shouldn't have, I dug out a dress and my forms and tried on my new bra. It fit wonderful, felt wonderful, and I loved being dressed. Didn't get to leave it on long but what a feeling.

Then a bit of guilt. I mean I know I shouldn't have, but's whats a girl to do when she has weakness for pretty things?

laciewhite
12-19-2013, 06:27 PM
sounds entirely justified to me - a good deal and a good investment in your future happiness. hope you get lots of fun time with your new bra after the holidays...

Anita Lynn
12-19-2013, 06:38 PM
but it was 50% OFF, you HAD to:D
50% off!

AllieSF
12-19-2013, 06:40 PM
I do not understand your feeling of guilt. You got her something and then saved additional money by adding something for you into the purchase. There is no justifiable reason that one cannot purchase items for more than one person at a time, and one of those other persons can be the purchaser too! Congratulation and I hope that everyone enjoys their gifts.

Jaymees22
12-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Why feel guilty, never pass up a bargain. She will be happy with her present and it sounds like you are all ready happy with yours. Seems like a "Win-Win" to me! Jaymee

~Joanne~
12-19-2013, 06:52 PM
I never feel guilty about buying myself something while buying my SO things and Vice versa. You got your wife a few robes and such that she liked and a bra.....big deal ;)

Rachelakld
12-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Born to shop :)

AmyGaleRT
12-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Ordering extra items for yourself to get a better discount? Yep, you're a woman, all right. ;) Relax, I do that sort of thing all the time...

- Amy

Lorileah
12-20-2013, 06:48 PM
This always reminds me of being in Kohl's once...as I paid the bill the clerk said "You saved 190$" I sand "No I spent 80 I would not have spent otherwise" Gotta love logic that if you spend more you save more

Stephanie Julianna
12-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Reminds me of an old Burns and Allen skit. George came home from work and Gracie told him that she saved $200.00 today. He replied, "But Gracie, I didn't give you your allowance yet." Gracie replied, "I didn't need it. There was a sale at the appliance store. $100.00 a dishwasher. So I ordered TWO." Shop till you drop. We already have enough guilt and saving money on something you would have bought eventually is a good thing.

LaraPeterson
12-20-2013, 10:19 PM
I have a hard time feeling guilty about buying any sort of lingerie, especially a new bra. Enjoy your new bargain Sarah--and yes, you should have!

Stephanie47
12-20-2013, 10:45 PM
My wife has it all figured out! This evening she shopped at Victoria Secrets and bought panties at half price. She spent the free half. I paid for the other half?? It made sense to her.

Beverley Sims
12-21-2013, 04:11 AM
This time of year when shopping for presents and for loved ones, temptation reigns supreme. :)
Merry Christmas.

Adriana Moretti
12-21-2013, 04:44 AM
one gift for you....one for me....one for you....one for me....tomorrow is a visit to Mac !!!

donnalee
12-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Believe me, I know where you're coming from, as a self-diagnosed shopaholic myself. One of the reasons I spend so much time on this site is to keep myself off eBay!
Still, one of the coping mechanisms I've developed is to substitute a small purchase for a disastrously large one as I am now on a small fixed income and need every penny just for living expenses.
You seem to have found a very acceptable way of dealing with this and deserve praise far more than guilt feelings. For the future, I'm sure you know that nowadays the "List Price" most discounts are taken from is rarely what an item normally sells for, tends to be highly inflated and only serves as a justification to buy more stuff.
:D

Marcelle
12-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Hi Sarah,

Tis the season . . . sounds like you got a great deal and some great items. Enjoy!

Hugs

Isha

AngelaKelly<3
12-21-2013, 06:46 AM
I would be a different story if you decided to get something for yourself instead of your wife.

It's totally fine to treat yourself whenever possible.

Did you want it? Can you afford it? Then get it!...that's my motto for happiness :bg:

Allison_Leslie
12-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Are you questioning whether or not you should have tried the bra on, or purchased it, or purchased ANYthing? I'm unclear as to what the guilt is for.. and not one thing you did was wrong honey, at all.

NicoleScott
12-21-2013, 08:29 AM
The first rule of crossdressing is, or should be: "Get your own stuff!" And you did. If we're going to crossdress, we need to buy some things for ourselves.
But like other things (golf, hobbies, etc etc etc) we need to keep spending in check with what's reasonable for our budgets. You did good.

dana8656
12-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Nothing wrong with getting yourself a little something for Christmas. no prob, enjoy.

AngelaKelly<3
12-21-2013, 08:35 AM
The first rule of crossdressing is, or should be: "Get your own stuff!" And you did. If we're going to crossdress, we need to buy some things for ourselves.
But like other things (golf, hobbies, etc etc etc) we need to keep spending in check with what's reasonable for our budgets. You did good.

I agree, CDing can be very expensive!

I sat online for 10mins once, decided I was going to go on a bit of a spree (good paycheck at the time) and ended up parting with £150 :wacko:

I got a fabulous red polka-dot dress out of it...but it's still a lot of money :om:

Jessica giovanna
12-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Like the saying..today for you..tomorrow for me...I say you sometimes have to pay to play...like I have said before, somethings you can go low on but if you find that item you have to have...get it. Just make sure everything else is taken care of first, ie, bills and so forth...
Ms. G

natcrys
12-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Never feel guilty unless it's money that is needed to buy food or pay the bills.. ;-)

CarissaM
12-21-2013, 03:39 PM
I can understand why you would feel guilt I think I would too. However as others have said you shouldn't feel guilty. What it you were buying something other than women's wear? What if you were buying handkerchiefs for your wife and they didn't have the color or style she liked but they did have some that could work for you. Would the guilt still be there?

Sarah Beth
12-21-2013, 04:19 PM
I have to apologize my post was a bit tongue in cheek. I don't feel like I did anything wrong and that really wasn't the point. I was trying to be funny but I guess what I said was taken more seriously that I intended.

Thank you all however for your comments. It was enlilghtening.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season no matter how you celebrate it.