PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Rikidee
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Wanting to start the New Year off right I went out of town on New Year's evening. I got a motel room and dressed in my black blouse' pleated denim miniskirt, thigh highs, and 3" heels and went riding around town. I went in a couple of stores, the only comment anyone made was a girl that said " I love that skirt". The next morning I dressed in a similar outfit and went to a women's clothing store where I know the manager. We have become good friends and she treats me like a real woman when I visit. She told one of her assistants to help me pick out some outfits. We found several possibilities and I tried each one in the dressing room and came out to get their opinion of each one. I always dress nice when I visit and she treats me like all the other customers, I use the dressing rooms, walk around the store and mingle with the customers just like one of the girls. It is great to be treated like a real girl. I bought two outfits, the first is a white denim miniskirt (size 3) with a pink tank top and a short white denim jacket to wear over it. The other outift is a pair of white capri pants with a tan tank top that can be worn with the jacket from the other outfit. I feel just like one of the girls when I visit this store and it is a wonderful feeling. Just wanted to share, the next best thing to having a dressing adventure is sharing it with other girls. Do any of you have a special place where you like to shop?

Hugs,
Rikidee

Rikki Elisabeth
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
I found that Nordstrom's has instructed their sales people to disregard gender. I have shopped there for years and have never felt embarrassed. I have a female personal shopper who calls me when new outfits come in that are of the style which I like. She will order clothes for me and then assist me when I try them on. I have done the same in the accessories department, the shoe department, the cosmetic department....I could go on forever! I LOVE Nordstroms!

Butterfly Bill
01-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Nordstrom is one of only 3 chain stores I have found that have size 12 and 13 shoes (the other two are Pay Less and Wally World (and they only have them to 12)). Alas, now the nearest two Nordstroms are in Kansas City (really Overland Park) and Dallas, each of which are five hours away.

Billijo49504
01-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Avenue has shoes to size 13. I've bought them there.
I'm jealous, size 3??? Only in my dreams, no not even then.:)

Rikidee
01-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Billijo, I am fortunate in that I am somewhat petite. I am 5'2" and 125 lbs. I do have to stay very active to keep the weight down and the spare tire deflated. LOL

Rikidee

Lissa Stevens
01-04-2006, 08:44 AM
SIZE 3. I think it's time to start a Rikidee hate club. LOL. Seriously WTGGF.