PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Facebook post. Thought I'd share

I Am Paula
12-20-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm leaving to go and visit my family for Christmas in just a little while, so I'll only be monitoring these pages from my iphone. I posted a Christmas message this morning on Facebook, and thought I'd share it, even though it's personal, I hope others have a similar story.
Merry Christmas all, and have a great New year.

As I look back on 2013, and how I came to many realizations, and acted on them, I recognize that this really has been the year of ME.
As we approach Christmas, it is time to become more others oriented. This will be the first Christmas as Paula, and the acceptance and love of my family will make this year's the greatest gift of all. I may receive a few material gifts, but how does that compare to my niece Taimi paving the way for her four year old son to call me Aunt Paula? Or my Dad, 84 years old and lost his wife this year, still has enough room to love and accept a new daughter into the family. What greater gift is there than my sister Kris having stood by me through every step of this strange and wonderful journey, holding my hand when needed, and giving me a shoulder to cry on when the going got tough? She has been my mentor, advisor, and general Yoda. How do I even begin to thank my wife Barb? She is at once still reeling from shock, and stoically standing by me.

This is the season to appreciate others, and their contributions to my happiness. None of them had to support, respect my decisions, or accept me. They did, and they did it with genuine love.

Thank you, and have a very Merry Christmas.

Rianna Humble
12-20-2013, 11:59 AM
That was lovely, it brought a tear to my eye for all the right reasons

dreamer_2.0
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Really nice post, Paula. :)

Carlene
12-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Wonderful post.........something for me to learn from....thank you.............and you have a Merry Christmas, as well...........Carlene

KayleeTaylor
12-20-2013, 01:27 PM
That is wonderful! I am happy that you have such a supportive family. You have a Merry Christmas :)

kimdl93
12-20-2013, 03:28 PM
You have a lot to be thankful for this year. Each of them in their way has been a part of making your life better and I know you reciprocate every day. Merry Christmas to you!