PDA

View Full Version : The Reason is obvious. Or is it?

Wildaboutheels
12-20-2013, 02:51 PM
For those members that D O N ' T use/participate with a [typically] Female handle while at this site?

NicoleScott
12-20-2013, 03:50 PM
No. For those of us that use a female handle, it could be one or more of several different reasons. For those who don't use a female handle, there could be several reasons why not. Therefor, the reason is not obvious. Just breaking it down.

Beverley Sims
12-20-2013, 03:56 PM
I like your reply Nicole, so I am going with that!

I think some like dressing but are not ready to take on a female personna.

Zylia
12-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Why don't you enlighten us mere female-handle-users with your wisdom on non-female handles?

AngelaKelly<3
12-20-2013, 04:04 PM
I use a female handle as I'm simply not ready to come out to anyone yet. If I used my normal username for these kinds of things, then it'd end up being searchable on Google etc! :eek: Not fun!

Those who use non-female handles may simply just be those who are more comfortable with sharing this side of themselves with the world! :blush:

Katey888
12-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Not obvious to me, Wild - are you implying some need for denial? Could it be that those 'real men' that CD can't bring themselves to even start to relate to a female part of their persona?
I admit - this is my first feminine handle - but when you CD for fun it tends to be a lonely experience and you don't need a name... or maybe you can just be many different facets of your feminine side with many names?

I was at school with a Kim, Beverly and Vivien - and they were all guys...
So what's really in a name?

Super avatar, btw... :hypnotized:
Kateyx

Chari
12-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Each of us is unique, different, and an individual, no matter where we are on the gender scale, and should be comfortable with who we are regardless of the "handle"! Others should respect and accept that handle.

Tina_gm
12-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Well I guess I would be one of those non female name people. All I can tell you is that I do not have one. My username does fit me very well though. My gender variance is really that. It is all over the map. I like manly man things, girly girl things, some things that are not gender related in any way. I do not have any type of secondary or alter ego or personality. So I do not have a female name that applies. I could have just called myself by my birth name.... privacy issues sorta, but also bland, and I wanted something that I could identify with. So I came up with gendermutt. It applies to me very very well.

Lucy_Bella
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Wild,

What's in a name? Trust me I have no reference to myself in anyway feminine ,none..This is my second go around on this forum and my original name "Curse Within" didn't fly so well with the locals.. To better fit in ( and behave myself as well) I choice the name of my pets ..I don't believe that I feel like I am any of them either..

reb.femme
12-20-2013, 07:54 PM
I've got both a female handle and a male handle, make of that what you will. :TamaraCroft:

As you often say WAH, there is no rule book but I suspect your motive on this one was in response to the post about why have a girl name? For me, I'm all in or not at all in regards to presentation.

I seriously couldn't contemplate being dressed without Rebecca being a part of my mind set. The girl within exists but the boy is a very strong part for most of my days.

Rebecca

Kate Simmons
12-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Call me anything but late for dinner. Matching the presentation with a female name is kind of obvious to me. It is mostly for others though. :)

LaraPeterson
12-20-2013, 10:14 PM
You nailed it Kate; who gives a rip what anyone thinks about "handle." And why call it a handle, anyway. My name is Lara. How do you do?

Wildaboutheels
12-24-2013, 12:30 PM
It's obviously pretty obvious why so many choose/use a female name but that was not the Q. Where are all the lurkers when you need them?

Gigi9
12-24-2013, 02:58 PM
As I said in another post I never thought of it til I signed up for this forum. I guess I'm just me and dressing is part of that. Tho perhaps this handle will grow on me?!?

mary something
12-25-2013, 05:19 AM
Where are all the lurkers when you need them?

maybe they're still trying different names to find one that isn't taken already?

I hadn't really thought about it much before, why do you think that is so, that people do not always choose a female name ?

jjjjohanne
12-25-2013, 07:11 AM
I am not a lurker. I am a guy who wears women's clothes. I never present female. It is not an interest of mine. I used to present female, just so I could wear the clothes. When I started to actually go out occasionally, I would wear shorts and pantyhose. I presented male and tried to blend in. Mostly, I went on morning walks before work. A few times, I went crazy and wore a skirt on my walk. Then I switched in my mind to realize that I don't have to present female to wear a skirt. Now, I go out infrequently, and when I do, I don't bother with breasts, wigs, or makeup. I just wear the clothes. Most CDs, I think, want to be a girl and create a persona. I don't lean that way. I'm kind of happy about it. It really simplifies things! I can put on some clothes during my lunch break and go shopping and then go back to work. That's pretty convenient!

Mark/Rebecca
12-25-2013, 08:06 AM
When I am on my wife's computer I never sign on/use passwords even though I browse privately. As for my name, it reflects that I am at this time dressing only occasionally :sad:

Wildaboutheels
12-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Having no need or desire to pass as a woman is a pretty good reason.

laciewhite
12-25-2013, 09:13 AM
i never needed to name myself before going online because my dressing is strictly a solo activity. and i'm not the sort to look at myself in the mirror and say "oooh lacie you look so hot today".
but when i decided to interact online on the subject of CDing i did feel the urge to have a feminine handle for some reason. i guess i feel that, when i come to a place like this i want to present myself in my female guise, even though i can't bring myself to do that in the real world. i may be a timid little thing but deep down i am massively proud of my other self and just like the idea that she might be able to exist somewhere other than in my little closet. planting the idea of lacie as a living person in a few minds on this forum makes me happy in some way.
when it came to thinking of a name, i just took two integral elements of my dressing (i literally cannot get enough of lacey white lingerie) and put them together. hey presto!

Sabrina133
12-25-2013, 09:21 AM
For those members that don't use/participate with a [typically] Female handle while at this site?

I use a female handle because i live as a female. Seems kind of obvious. Oh well.

Amanda M
12-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I happen to like Amanda, both as a name, and a persona. I'd look a right fool if I was out with Carole in a skirt and heels and she had to shout "Bruce, I'm over here!"

I also believe that when I am referred to as Amanda, it reinforces what I consider to be that side of my personality. I look, act and think more "female". I am certain that my though processes and my cognitions take on a more steerotypically "female" approach.

Now my psychotherapist bit says I need to investigate this further, subject it to rigorous psychological analysis etc etc, but Amanda just says "Nonsense!"

Stumped!!

brassieres
12-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I do not use a femme name, but recently chose one for a club that I signed up to because I had to. Other than that, a couple of people here just call be Brassie. :D