PDA

View Full Version : Growing up and my playmates were mostly girls . .

AnnieMac
12-20-2013, 03:15 PM
So I guess that I enjoy feminine things because of some of my experiences when I was younger. Aside from having a very girly older sister that my parents often held up as a role model, just by shear chance as to who lived around me in the neighborhood, most of my very young playmates were mostly girls. I didn't know why at the time, but I just got along with all of them so well. I had young boys that were my pals too, but I think I enjoyed my little girl friends more.

This was when life was all so innocent and sex had not entered into it yet. Many of these girls were considered "tomboys" at the time also. Sad how boys couldn't be partially interested in girl things as well. There was one little girl that became my best friend up until about the age of 12, when my folks moved away. She would visit from out of town every Summer and Christmas because her Grandparents lived next door. I sooo looked forward to her visits. Her grandparents took us to our first baseball game together when we were about 8 years old, which I remember vividly.

Back in the early 60s, if you did anything remotely female, like having a girl as your best friend you were considered a Sissy, so we used to lie and tell everyone we were cousins. I so cherish having had a girl as my best friend growing up before male and female got all tied up with all of the romantic and sexual complications.

I'm sure these experience helped foster my desires to cross-dress, yet some how it was latently there anyway. As you can imagine, I wonder where this little girl is now!

Beverley Sims
12-20-2013, 03:57 PM
I had little girls as friends , they grew up into big girlfriends.
That was wonderful:)

KaceyR
12-20-2013, 04:15 PM
In grade school it was great having recess with a group of girls. Was smaller sized and never was called for the guys' games,etc. so I played with the girls. Great times with lots of imagination play. Of course, got teased about it but oh well. Then from there to Jr. high and the worst thing happened...no more recess! Oh the humanity! :)
Well, technically one of the girls became my first girlfriend then, but I was a bit socially inept and it didn't last. (OK we're girlfriend/boyfriends now...so what do we do? "I dunno") Always liked her name too.. 'Hope'. Still always wondered what happened to her (she moved away before finishing jr high). After that was pretty much the rest of my non-social life. But never had (or tried) to claim as relatives. Just left it known out there that I was a bit of a sissy kid.

Joanne f
12-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Yes things were definitely separated in those days into boy things and girl things so it could be quite difficult for you if you enjoyed something out of your gender norm I guess that did not help us older ones in being able to come out with the way we are .

josrphine
12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Hi Annie, With me I was dressed as a girl until I was in kindergarden. My parents did this to me because i think It was WW2 41 to 45 . My father was never drafted because he was the only one of his brothers that was married. So durning that time if there was not a male child to carry on the name u got deferred. Then I ended up in a catholic school,I was left handed an so now i am a very happy C D. Jo

AnnieMac
12-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Wow, that's quite a story josrphine. Thanks for sharing that part of your history!

jilliannichols
12-26-2013, 06:49 PM
so there are good things about war afterall

Tracii G
12-26-2013, 08:17 PM
99% of my friends growing up were girls I played house with dolls and loved it.
I did have guy friends too and they gave me grief over it but when puberty hit I had the inside track so to speak.

brassieres
12-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I grew up with mostly girls too. I had women bringing me up as well, and very few positive male role models. Yes, I am sure that has contributed to my crossdressing.

AndreaSC
12-26-2013, 08:57 PM
WOW, AnnieMac, your childhood sounds a lot like mine! Just a decade later. (No offense)

AnnieMac
12-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, thinking about it more I guess I was just a big sissy! I would play "Barbies" with my girl pals. Also, my mother back then wanted me to take piano lessons because my older sister had. Wouldn't you know every other student this teach had was a girl. I think then it was considered feminine to take piano lessons, almost like ballet. I can remember during recitals begin a little jealous of what the girls got to wear to them. Gee that time period was odd, no wonder many of us turned out to be who we are!

BillieAnneJean
12-26-2013, 09:03 PM
AnnieMac,
Have you kept in touch with that friend?

AnnieMac
12-26-2013, 09:19 PM
No BillieAnne, sorry to say, we lost touch with each other when my family moved out of that neighborhood when I was 12 or 13 yrs old. Maybe it was for the best though, before it got to love and sex and all that, We were just the best of friends, and truly loved each other, when I look back on it. I know her first name, and could probably get my 90 year old mother, to remember her last, but gee, I'm not sure I want to go there. Oh sure I would just LOVE to find out the woman she grew up to be, but this way she will always be my little "Winnie Cooper" (ya know that girl from "The Wonder Years")
I must say though, I have fantasized about meeting a new strange woman somewhere, and then it turns out to be her- silly girly dream I guess.