PDA

View Full Version : Fake nails

kaylagurl
01-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Don't know if this has ever been asked...if it has sorry. What finger nails are best to buy at a Wal Mart or Target? I have really wanted to buy some to wear when ever I'm able to dress up but need some that aren't cheap and cheesy looking and that could be used more than once possibly. I never get to dress for very long periods of time so they would need to be able to come off easily and hopefully be reapplied. Any suggestions?

Kayla

Diann
01-04-2006, 01:45 AM
They all suck some fall off some are hard to get off too small for most of our thumbs and the curve is wrong for the rest. But it’s better than nothing.

I was thinking about trying these http://www.talon-sd.com/

Diann

renee k
01-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi Kayla,

I've had sucess with both Kiss and Revlon nails. Revlon makes a flex to fit nail which has a flexible base, and comes in a French manicure style. The other thing I do is run hot tap water over the nail this softens the nail. I can then bend it alittle to fit my nail arch. Both nail sets have nails large enough to fit my thumbs. As far as adhering them you can use glue tabs ( found at most beauty supply stores ) for short term use or use regular nail glue, for longer wear. Hope this helps.

Huggs, Renee

Lilith Moon
01-04-2006, 08:53 AM
I tried superglue once.

Big mistake. The nails would not come off, which was great until I wanted them off. They wouldn't come off ! I suffered quite a lot of pain removing them, also my real nails and the fake nails were damaged.

randi_789
01-04-2006, 09:04 AM
I used to buy Kiss colored nails which had the glue applied already. After cleaning my nails with rubbing alchohol they would stick really well and never had one fall off. The glue pads never work well. Now I can't find the Kiss colored nails anywhere, but they still have ones that are french manicure with the glue on them already. I found them at a local Pathmark supermarket.

DanaJ
01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
I tried superglue once.

Big mistake. The nails would not come off, which was great until I wanted them off. They wouldn't come off ! I suffered quite a lot of pain removing them, also my real nails and the fake nails were damaged.I have said this numerous times, but - do NOT pry off glued on nails!!! They should be soaked off in acetone, or acetone-base polish remover. Fake nails can be work safely, and repeatedly, as long as they are removed correctly. BTW, the proper removal instructions are on every pack of false nails!

celeste26
01-04-2006, 10:08 AM
I have tried the Talon Nails before they look good and dont fall off if you use the adhesive supplied, and they do remove reasonably well also. In my case they frustrated me because I would use them for such a short period before they needed removal, (really my problem not other's). Most importantly they do have the sizes for people like me, size '0' is the size I need for my huge thumbs.

Fallen Angel
01-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I have said this numerous times, but - do NOT pry off glued on nails!!! They should be soaked off in acetone, or acetone-base polish remover. Fake nails can be work safely, and repeatedly, as long as they are removed correctly. BTW, the proper removal instructions are on every pack of false nails!
theres also this trick as well use clear nail polish apply two coats and than glue your nails in place they will hold till you peal them off less pain full

Fallen Angel
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
target offers larger hand nial kits or some of the local supply places have a assortment pack of accrylic nails they come in different tip sizes from long to sport tip about ten dollars well worth the price

SuzyZahn
01-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Hello all,,,M y experience with false nails is that the KISS nails work well with me ,,,I prefer the straight ones vs. the curved ones and i usually trim and polish them a day before applying with ,,super glue,,,yes super glue!! Heres what i`ve what i`ve found ,,,they stay on very nicely,,,,to remove soak in hot water in a bowl for several minutes before prying off on the sides with a knife blade(they usually pop off and u can reuse them),,,,afterward I use a furniture gel type stripper which I place on nail with a Q-tip,,,let soak and wipe off residue super glue,,,works well for me,,, hope this helps!!

cheryl1035
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I asked this same question a week ago. I use the Kiss One Step nails with the glue already on the nail. As was stated earlier, they only make these in the French style now, no colors :( They do come off easily in warm water with no damage to your nails. I am going to try the two cats of nail polish with glue on nails. I will let you know how it works.

Cheryl

Charlene Marie
01-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Kaylagurl, I buy nails a Salley's Beauty Supply, there might be one near you. I buy the Plus Size, as they are large enough for my thumbs and middle finger, and the smaller ones included fit fine. I read about this tip in Glamour Boutique .com and it works for me fine. They say; !. brush some white glue on yours nail(Like Elmers) and dry it. Apply regular nail glue to your nail from the middle to the tip. Press down for thirty seconds. The theory is the Nail glue sticks well enough to the dried white glue and it makes them easier to pry off and doesnt hurt your own nail. You can reuse them generall because they pop off in one piece. I do this and they stay on great and pop off eaislly.
They come unpolished so you have to learn to do that. Hope this helps you.

Rikki Elisabeth
01-04-2006, 10:59 PM
I have to admit that it was the result of an accident that I discovered IF you put lotion on your hands [including your real nails] and then use the glue on nails, they will stay on BUT they will come off with much problem. I like Kiss...either self stick or glue. I like the french look. The pinkish tint is more natural.

Wandanylon
01-13-2006, 03:20 PM
I use Talon's nails after trying all kindsof cheap and nasty ones and experiencing with all sorts of glue and stick on tips.

I have written all about it in the tips and hints page of the latest winter version of the magazine Mature Transvestites, available through my homepage.

http://www.wandanylon.com/winter06/winter06tips.html

Amanduhrob
01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I am very partial to the "Broadway" two step nail line by Kiss.

Seen Here (http://www.broadwaynails.com/bwy200501/?pg=products&mg=natural&sg=BNK)

I've had great luck with these, and with a little practice, you can have a very nice manicured look with them.

MsJanessa
01-14-2006, 10:53 AM
I've experiemented with all types the best are Revelon

SherriePall
01-14-2006, 03:56 PM
I have experimented with some of the glue-on nails, but the last couple of times I was out enfemme I wore the Kiss one-step french manicure nails. The last time I even found one with a pretty little delicate flower design near the tip of the nail.
I have found them to stay on well (I don't do any prep work before hand) and they come off fairly easily so that I can reuse them when I dress at home.

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Currently, I'm using the Broadway Two-Step Nails with Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over Glue. The glue is a pressure-sensitive one intended to allow you to glue things and later move them -- much like Post-It notes -- and is non-toxic.

Apply the glue and then let it dry for an hour or so until it forms a solid gel, much like the glue on Kiss 1-Step nails. (This is important because otherwise the nails don't stay on well.) When putting on the nails, be sure to press them down hard. To remove the nails, take an orangewood stick and gradually work the nails loose, again much like you'd do with a Kiss 1-Step nail.

jo_ann
01-15-2006, 12:27 PM
here's my experience... talon-sd nails fricken rock! I bought a set and they lasted at LEAST 4-6 applications before I decided to toss them (repeated application means the bottoms get really sticky and icky), but the adhesive they give you works GREAT! I tried some fake nails from walgreens ($5 for two sets), and I only did so because I REALLY love french nails (which talon-sd doesn't offer, I should email them to suggest they do), and not only are walgreen nails thin and cheap, but they're for smaller hands so to get them to fit you have to stretch them which strains the plastic and makes them look even faker. I highly reccomend talon-sd! Since most of us aren't doing hard work while dressed, the sticky adhesive is good enough (also try double sided tape). Glue works great, until you have to take them off.

Karren H
01-16-2006, 12:07 AM
The self sticking First Kiss is what I use. From Walmart. Always have a couple boxes painted up for those business trips!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/detail?.dir=c6b8&.dnm=2765.jpg&.src=ph

Love Karren