PDA

View Full Version : Your first few times out and using your voice

AnnieMac
12-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I have actually been out in the real world dressed once, on a short car trip and then walking around an outside mall. There were people around but it was slightly dusk, so for the most part I passed, as no one was paying me much notice, even as they walked closely by. It was a thrilling, very freeing experience! My fear is going out again and actually having to interact and use my voice, since I'm not so good with mastering the female voice thing yet. How did you girls deal with your voice the first few times you went out and were new at it? Thanks! - Annie.

Beverley Sims
12-21-2013, 01:43 PM
I have a huskier voice than most females but I really don't think I fool anybody.
I did when I was younger, others accepted that I had a deep sexy voice.
It went along with the rest of my appearance at the time.

Kate Simmons
12-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I always speak the same regardless of mode. Never got any comments one way or the other, so I guess it's okay.:)

Eryn
12-21-2013, 02:33 PM
I tend to soften my voice and resonate in the nasal cavity instead of my chest. Ladies my size seldom have high-pitched voices. In my age group there are plenty of GGs who have deep voices because of damage from smoking so my voice is not unusually deep among them.

More than a voice, the way that one uses it is important. Be confident and leave no room for questioning. The more you try to hide an imperfection the more evident it becomes.

FemmeElastique
12-21-2013, 02:34 PM
When I'm dressed up, I, usually not purposely, make my voice more higher pitched as I feel more feminine. There have been quite a few times when I was talking to guys in bars, clubs, parties, etc. and they thought I was a woman! There's also been times when people questioned, and other times when people knew right off that I'm not a GG. I just talk with my voice and see where it goes.
Im a gay guy in my non-CD life, and my mannerisms and voice are naturally feminine. I remember a few times being dressed up, I was talking with my NORMAL voice without making it higher pitched, and guys STILL thought I was a woman. So, it really depends on your voice tone. It's hit or miss with me.

rachaelsloane
12-21-2013, 02:36 PM
It's just one more thing that I can't worry about while out. A number of times while sitting in a restaurant or bar, the people or couples close by first thought my friend and I were women until they heard us talking. It has also been a great way to get into a conversation, many of which have been fascinating.

dominique
12-21-2013, 02:46 PM
If out dressed and I need to talk to some one I tend to lower my voice to just above a whisper and it seems to work.

Cheryl T
12-22-2013, 09:53 AM
My first few times out I avoided talking to anyone.
Now I just soften my voice and raise the pitch slightly and don't care anymore if it gives me away even though I wish I could have a feminine voice.

Adriana Moretti
12-22-2013, 10:01 AM
lucky for me when ever I am on the phone with an operator...I get called mam....works great for me in fem....not so cool in guy mode though .

Marcelle
12-22-2013, 10:07 AM
I only recently began interacting with those around me "en femme". I tend to soften the pitch but do not raise it to a falsetto (sounds too much like Monty Python). My voice is much deeper when en femme and I know people guess right away but then again my face gives that away immediately so I know I am not fooling anyone. I just go with it and have no issues to date (i.e., no pitchforks or torches).

Hugs

Isha

julia marie
12-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Like several others in the thread, I try to soften my voice and raise it just a bit. I do that because it contributes at least a little to the image I'm trying to present. However, before I say a word the odds are that people can read my face and build well enough to know that I'm a guy. That's not the end of the world for me. One thing that I do to tune my voice just a bit while I'm driving to wherever I'm going out is to listen to female singers and try to sing along. I can't match their voices but it helps with mood and mindset.