PDA

View Full Version : Is there any little place - village or city?

Anita_2
12-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Just a short question: Do any know any village or city where CD are accepted just as normal?

Eryn
12-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Eureka Springs, Arkansas advertises itself that way:

Eureka Springs is known by many names: Haven for the State's Eccentrics. The place where misfits fit. The hole in the Bible Belt where the buckle goes through. And then there's our personal favorite: America's Largest Open Air Asylum.
http://www.eurekasprings.com/alternative/
http://www.eurekasprings.com/alternative-background/

sherri
12-21-2013, 09:33 PM
There's a town in Mexico where TGs are held in high regard, even has a festival for them every year.

Deedee Skyblue
12-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Provincetown? San Francisco?

Deedee

heatherdress
12-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Maybe - Heaven.

Krystalina
12-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Very awesome question to ask. Whenever I get some funds built up, definately going on a trip to some of these places...San Fran is at the top of the list.

Beverley Sims
12-22-2013, 01:09 AM
I like Eryn's Eureka Springs.
Myself, San Francisco.

Amanda_P
12-22-2013, 01:19 AM
There was a town in Oregon that had a CD mayor

Lynn Marie
12-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Seattle is pretty laid back with its LGBT community.

Rachelakld
12-22-2013, 02:03 AM
Auckland, but 10 or 20 people (out of 2 mill.) might be a bit of trouble, depending on how drunk they are and how much they are looking for a fight to "prove" their toughness

dana8656
12-22-2013, 08:11 AM
should start one, then again, we'd all probably own little dress shops in town and nothing would ever get done :)

jjjjohanne
12-22-2013, 08:24 AM
"Normal" is a math term that suggests that the average person does it. It is not common anywhere, to my knowledge. However, I have found that I can go out dressed about anywhere and I get fewer reactions than I get when I go out in a Halloween costume where no one is dressed up. I don't normally get negative looks or comments. Very few ever. I don't pass. I don't even try to.

josrphine
12-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi Anita, Just wrote on your other blog. Here on the west coast of Florida is a great area, I am well received any were I go. I pass to a point , my wife an I go out as sisters a lot. Jo

Anita_2
12-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Thank you, I am just curios is any CD town or simillar and I hope there will be a new answers .....

JenniferUK
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Manchesters village is a wonderful place, in fact the whole city is. I've been shopping in the city centre 3 times now without any problems at all, most people are just too busy to notice.

J xx

Jenny Gurl
12-22-2013, 07:40 PM
josrphine
Hi Anita, Just wrote on your other blog. Here on the west coast of Florida is a great area, I am well received any were I go. I pass to a point , my wife an I go out as sisters a lot. Jo

Nice area, I visited this last summer. Would not mind moving there. I was in Sarasota, then visited Cape Coral. I could definitely get use to winter months down there. Knowing it is CD friendly just makes me want to move there even more.

Eryn
12-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Thinking about it, I've gone out dressed all over SoCal and never been treated as anything but normal. When I'm in a "GLBT friendly" situation I actually feel less normal because I'm more easily read if people are aware of the presence of TG folk. Not that I don't enjoy myself, it just feels different.

PatriciaC
12-22-2013, 11:24 PM
San Francisco is definately a city where you would be accepted as normal.
The only down side is that there is not quite the same center as Manchester village.
It does have one bar which is cd ts oriented every day of the week.

Patricia

lingerieLiz
12-22-2013, 11:55 PM
If you act like you belong I don't think there are any places you can't go. Remember, it only takes an idiot to make any place bad for you. I've lived or had extended stays all over this country. People most everywhere are friendly. I think we bring it on ourselves sometimes by acting like we are guilty of some crime. I don't seek out GLBT areas for the same reason Eryn mentioned. I'm about doing or finding things that I'm interested in.

linda allen
12-23-2013, 10:01 AM
San Francisco. I left my heart there.

Really, I've never been there but I've heard stories.

Many of the larger cities have areas where anything goes. Do some Internet research.

harmony
12-24-2013, 12:33 AM
how about fantasy fest in key west?

Sheila11
12-24-2013, 12:46 AM
The town is Silverton, Or. The mayor, Stu Rasmussen, is not the best spokesperson for the transgender community. Does the gender-queer thing. Boob job, long hair, bright pink nails, no make up and long sequined party gown to local functions. Or he shows up as a guy. Confusing.

PaulaQ
12-24-2013, 12:47 AM
I've been to Eureka Springs a bunch of times. I've never actually noticed any CDs there, so I can't say how they'd be tolerated.

Here in the 'hood where I live, a CD won't really draw any attention one way or the other. It's pretty common to see TG folks of various sorts down here. Of course the rest of Dallas will treat you not so great. So, yeah, it's a tiny little island of tolerance in a sea of prejudice.

Wildaboutheels
12-24-2013, 01:15 AM
The answer to your Q is simple. There are literally HUNDREDS of people who have posted in these very Forums in the last year alone who live in various cities of every imaginable size all over the US and the world who have seldom or NEVER had a problem. Many make no attempt to pass. Certainly you don't think ALL of them are lying? What on earth for?

Your Q implies that you think some places might be completely safe for CDers? As long as the world remains full of clueless people, no place is completely safe for ANY type of minority or anyone who is different.

As long as you follow the CDers magic formula, you should be safe but there are no guarantees in this crazy world we live in.

Anita_2
12-25-2013, 11:02 AM
OK Thanks to your answer now I want MERRY CHRISTMANS TO ALL OF YOU ...

Sophie Yang
12-25-2013, 05:44 PM

It is Silverton, OR. Here is the link about the TG mayor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stu_Rasmussen.