PDA

View Full Version : My First Year of HRT

Anne2345
12-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Exactly one year ago today, the world was supposed to end. Although the ancient Mayans with their overly-hyped calendar clearly got it wrong, they were at least right about the end of the world on that day as I knew it.

As fate would have it, coincidentally enough, I began HRT exactly one year ago today on December 21, 2012.

Reflecting back over the events and happenings of the last year, I can honestly report that much has changed about me and within me over the course of the past year.

These changes have been so profound, so deep, so personal, so positive, and so life-altering, in fact, that I could write a book about them.

And the funny thing is that I started to do just exactly this. But as I was finishing up my undoubtedly overly and ridiculously long composition, I abruptly changed my mind.

Instead, I will simply borrow the words of a very dear friend who earlier today artfully summed up the experience quite well, quite aptly, and with a sense of extreme accuracy, efficiency, and precision that always seems to allude and escape me.

In exactly three words, the first year of my life under HRT has been “crazy bizarre wondrous.”

Barbara Ella
12-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Very apt description. I share your journey, begun very much at the same time. Our paths will be very different, but I truly hope they cross from time to time, and you are still smiling that smile you wrote about a year ago that a woman smiled back at you for simply smiling. Always keep your smile regardless of what happens.

Barbara

Jorja
12-22-2013, 09:58 AM
If you think the first year was crazy bizarre wondrous, wait until 30 years have passed. ;)

TeresaL
12-22-2013, 10:45 PM
My year has been a roller coaster, and I'm scared to ride a roller coaster. But it turned out to be fun too. Heheh

JamieLeigh
12-24-2013, 06:18 AM
I think the greatest thing about going on HRT the first year is the excitement you get when you notice the day to day changes and the ultimate is when you first start getting your boobs !!!

KayleeTaylor
12-24-2013, 07:12 AM
I am so glad that you had such a positive year. The way your friend summed up your first year is very profound :thinking:

:hugs:

Kaylee :)

Maria in heels
12-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Anne...your 3 words tell it all! I love them