PDA

View Full Version : Picture me

Teresa
12-22-2013, 10:08 AM
As a new member I have noticed not everyone has a picture, am I assuming correctly that they hiding their identity? I assume that this is not a closed site and casual browsers can view members entries along with their pictures.? I would love to put a picture on to show other cders I 'm not ashamed of what I do, but will there be a risk to my family?As a photographer I was able to take and process my own pictures, one set in particular I was very pleased with and one shot from them I actually liked myself looking female, every time I look at I wish I could wear makeup full time, I daringly would put in a 10 x 8 frame at home to see the response. I suppose I could use some leg shots, I shave them regular and think they look pretty good, I weigh 154lbs and I'm 5'7" tall. If I wear my blue denim mini skirt natural tan stockings and 4" blue denim peep toe shoes that could work. What do you think?

Sallee
12-22-2013, 10:17 AM
:)Go ahead and post it. We are all looking forward to seeing your pictures. Don't worry about outing yourself here We are all in this together. Have fun:)

Raychel
12-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello Teresa, there are parts of this forum that is open to guest's

and with any picture, once you put it on the internet, it is fair game for the world to see.
I have never had a problem to date with people seeing my picture that I didn't want.
But anything can happen.

CarlaWestin
12-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Hello teresa, it took me quite a while to realize that my world would not come to an end if someone recognized my image here and, I'm rather proud of how I present. I can perceive from your profile that you are possibly retired or close to it. Unless you feel that you're being pursued by demons on the internet, what's the worry? I mean, can you really tell who I am in my profile? I didn't think so. Check this thread and you'll see what I mean. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?189466-Boy-Mode-vs-Girl-Mode-V&highlight=boy+mode)

And, Welcome!

sinderella
12-22-2013, 10:26 AM
I don't think she's afraid of outing herself here...she does mention the "casual browser" that would happen upon her picture here. If such a thing was to happen to me and a friend or member of my family were to recognize me...my first question to them would be "so...how long have you been interested in cross dressers?" Because for them to be here they would've had to search it out...there must be an attraction of some sort. JMHO

CarlaWestin
12-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Yep Sindy, I agree. My first question would be, "So, what do you think?"

Jaylyn
12-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Teresa I have posted a few on here but still think of someway to hide or disguise my face. I clouded the old profile pic that had my face by placing a fade out around the frame. Any pic on the internet is not safe 100%. I feel though that here it is more safe than some of the other groups out there. Being made up helps make it harder for one to be outed, but again the net is public even in private groups. I wish it wasn't there are so many on here I feel would really let go and show some stunning pics of themselves. Welcome to the group and have a good time prowling the wealth of information that's here. Some great folks on here. I almost feel some are dear friends now and I'm relatively new also.

Katey888
12-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi again Teresa,
I think Raychel has it right - If you're in anyway unsure just stick with something completely unidentifiable... if you see what I mean. Alternatively blurring or other effects are good to disguise faces - I don't reckon my own wife would recognise my avatar - not that I'm trying that just yet (maybe one day... just to see the look on her face... just kidding... but maybe one day..).
But you are a photographer and wouldn't we be missing your best work if you weren't being brave..? :cheer:
Start where you feel comfortable - it might change your perspective..
Kateyx

Christy Stevens
12-22-2013, 10:58 AM
I am new on here and am actually having trouble posting my picture. Do I have to meet the ten post requirement in order to do so? Just wondering. But my opinion is, is you are proud of how you look in a picture, why wouldn't you want to show it off to the world? The likelyhood of someone you know recognizing you in your picture seem pretty slim to me. And if you're worried about judgement, I mean I'm new here, but this doesn't seem to me like a place that you'd find judgement, or allow it.

Barbra P
12-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi Teresa

Many (most) of the forums here are private forums not open to the general public but this forum, the “Male to Female Crossdressing” forum is open to the general public. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and you can see how many members and how many guests are browsing this forum. I can’t recall ever seeing fewer guests than members and frequently the guests outnumber members by a wide majority.

I don’t post a photo because my Wife feels uncomfortable with my crossdressing. I can fully dress around the house but she doesn’t like me going out in public, posting a picture is tantamount to going out in public to her. Even if she decides it is OK, I really don’t have a decent photo to post, I’m not very photogenic – while I’m a fairly decent photographer I’m not when it comes to selfies.

docrobbysherry
12-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes, what u say is true, Teresa. Anyone can visit here and see our avatar pics. So, all your friends and relatives that browse the web out of the blue for CD/Tgirl sites COULD enter here. And, see our pics. But, considering that we don't post our real names, we're wearing makeup, wigs, etc. that obscure our looks, what r the odds of our being made?

For us closet dressers it's mostly just paranoia. The TS's know better and could care less!

mykell
12-22-2013, 11:46 AM
after you post ten times other areas of the forum open up to you,
since being here their have been many firsts for me, i felt i needed to share a photo as most here do and felt i should reciprocate.
so from first photo ever to now posting with full makeup in the beauty and picture threads, these areas are not open to the "casual Browser" who also cannot access your profile.

but like others have said once its on the interweb it remains on the interweb....

linny_aggy
12-22-2013, 12:10 PM
go ahead & flaunt ur new self...

Beverley Sims
12-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Mikell has the wise answer here, I suggest a distant photo similar to mine.
It conveys who I might be and shows exactly where I was two years ago.

reb.femme
12-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi Teresa,

I went to an LGBT street event this year in my local town, but en drab. I began talking to any of the girls I knew from my local group, using their names produced a puzzled look as they were obviously thinking, "who the hell is this"? Not one of them recognised me outside of my femme presentation. Seeing as they sit right next to me when we meet, if they didn't recognise me, who here will? Plus, why are they perusing a CD site? They must be some kind of weirdo me thinks? :TamaraCroft:

Go ahead and post but disguise your face if you're not 100% sure. It's your life after all.

Rebecca

Wildaboutheels
12-22-2013, 03:22 PM
There IS a reason folks are allowed to use Avatars here. You can post a "real" photo of yourself at your profile that only members can see but only AFTER they have posted ten times.

In the end though, ANY pic posted anywhere on the net is fair game but I personally think the odds of someone busting you off an internet photo are far less than the chance of being bitten by a Great White shark.

Desirae
12-24-2013, 11:13 PM
People are more enlightened today. What I mean by that is if someone you know "suspects" you may be a crossdresser (or whatever), the first thing these enlightened people do is run a Google search. Now, obviously, I guess they would have to know a femme name you use to do that. However, by now, most people know that crossdressing "communities" exist. If someone thinks you may be a CD, all it takes is for them to run a search for "crossdressing forums", or something like that, and then click on a few of the results and check out a few avatars to see if they see you. Some on here probably look nothing like there male persona. However, there are more than quite a few who would most likely be recognizable. I think there are a lot of people out there who might "check up on friends" just for the sake of checking up on friends. I mean how many times have you Googled someone's name to see if you can find anything on them? Other people do it, too. These ideas come into people's heads more often now since this is the age of information and enlightenment. If you think that being "outed" could compromise your job or your personal life, you should think long and hard before you post any pictures. If you don't care or have nothing to lose, go for it.

Flirty_Fantasies
12-25-2013, 07:50 AM
I just have passed my ten post number and am excited about being able to explore the other portions of our forum. Thanks all for the ideas and advice! It's awesome to be a part of this with all of you.

Merry Xmas!

Janelle:battingeyelashes:

Kimberly Renee
12-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Is it possible a fem photo you post on the web being linked back to you? Yes, but not very likely and not by the casual person. (think "facial recognition program" not "image search") The most likely way they will find out is by looking through your computer/phone/tablet.

Assuming that you:

aren't using your real name
created a new email address to sign up for this and other forums/web sites
using a generic photo hosting site

then to trace the photo to you would need the knowledge & equipment the general masses don't have. The spies and hackers could find you, but no one else.

While there is the very slim chance that someone you know will see the photo and recognize you, this usually only occurs in the movies.