PDA

View Full Version : Index- and Ringfinger

Lotte L
01-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Hi girls,

+?

Today I read in the newspaper that in the prehistoric cave Gua Masri II on Kalimantan male and female handprints are found on the wals. One side only with mans handprints and an other wall with only female handprints. They discouvered that the male prints are different. The womans handprints show the same length for the ringfinger and the indexfinger. The man however the ringfinger is mostly longer than the indexfinger. My ring- and indexfingers are the same length. How is yours?

Love,
Lotte L

Imogen_Mann
01-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Mine [fingers] are all different lengths. Also, the fore finger and ring finger on my left hand are a tiny bit longer than those on my right.
In both instances, in order of lenght I have (Shortest first) Thumb, Little finger, index finger, ring finger and forfinger (longest). My toes however run in order Big toe biggest to the littlest being (shock !!!) my little toe... However with my ex, her middle toe was longer than her second toe. Wierd or not ? Significant ? Yes... it was proof she's a witch :D

XX

Jayme

Jonien
01-04-2006, 05:31 AM
OMG so not only am i female now you tell me I'm a witch!!!!

ps Can any one tell me if I can still get a kick start for a 1943 broom stick

Lotte L
01-04-2006, 08:25 AM
OMG so not only am i female now you tell me I'm a witch!!!!

ps Can any one tell me if I can still get a kick start for a 1943 broom stick

It is not my intention to offend you or anybody else. Its just an scientific article that shows a difference in women and man hands. I do'nt understand your reaction.

Greetings,
Lotte L

CaptLex
01-04-2006, 10:19 AM
From what I've read, generally speaking, women have longer index fingers than ring fingers and men have longer ring fingers than index fingers. And FtMs (like me) have longer ring fingers than index fingers, like men, due to the level of testosterone in the womb. Just another bit of medical evidence to support that I was born to be who I am. ;)

joni-alice
01-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Are the scientists sure that one wall is female and the other male. Perhaps one wall is for those who have index and ring fingers the same size, and the other wall is for those who do not?
hugs,
j-a:cool:

KatieZ
01-04-2006, 05:05 PM
(Shortest first) Thumb, Little finger, index finger, ring finger and forfinger (longest).

I've never heard the middle finger refered to as the forfinger before. But I could understand if it was called the foreplay finger. :rofl:

Hugs

Donna tv
01-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Amazing!! my index and ring fingers are exactly the same length. Now I understand why I am so feminine. Very interesting I have not heard about that observation. My hands are very small for a male anyway. My ring size is a 7 1/2

Jonien
01-04-2006, 08:36 PM
It is not my intention to offend you or anybody else. Its just an scientific article that shows a difference in women and man hands. I do'nt understand your reaction.

Greetings,
Lotte L

Lotte Darling no offense was made I was just referring light heartedly that my index and ring fingers are both the same length

and to Jayme's post

However with my ex, her middle toe was longer than her second toe. Weird or not ? Significant ? Yes... it was proof she's a witch :D

one of my second toes well lets just say I have ugly (big) feet LOL

So I'm sorry if you thought you offended you didn't it just my sense of hummer.

P S Still need that kickstart

Rikki Elisabeth
01-04-2006, 11:02 PM
The first thing that pops into my mind is the statue of the "Thinker." In this case, however, what we seem to be contemplating is the finger. [NOT the bird.] My index finger is about 1/8 of an inch smaller than my ring finger.

lydia7
01-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Born a male, but transitioned years ago...my ring finger is shorter than my index...so I am now happy to know that I was intended to be female!!! that is a relief...hehe

Rikki Elisabeth
01-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Born a male, but transitioned years ago...my ring finger is shorter than my index...so I am now happy to know that I was intended to be female!!! that is a relief...hehe

Is this another case of poor grammar or spelling?
Did you really mean "hehe" or did you mean "sheshe?"