PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Great!! (rather long post, but please read :)

Christie Camelle
12-23-2013, 12:41 PM
I've had several very good things happen lately. Passing, blending... if not these, we all simply want acceptance. I have been blessed with all three lately! :)

First of all, I live with my elder sister. Her health is not great and she has never been married. After my former SO and I ended back in May I moved in with my sister to help her out and also to clear my head. She is a wonderful woman and we get along great. As Halloween came around, I told her I was dressing as a woman and she loved it. Even helped with some ideas and opinions. She had a makeup kit she gave me saying she never used it. My enthusiasm showed and she had a ball with it, going as far as saying I was the sister she always wanted. LOL Well, after Halloween was over I told her that I had several friends and made some new ones who loved me as "Christie" and wanted to hang out with me en femme. My sister said she thought it was kinda funny and cool. Over the next couple of weeks I pushed the issue in conversation and jokes. I told her that I really enjoyed being "Christie" and it was therapeutic for me in that I was not Chris when dressed and I didn't have a worry in the world. She encouraged me to be "Christie" as often as I needed to be! She even told me, and I quote... "If you're going to be "Christie" very often, you need to get some better makeup. That kit I gave you is kinda old. I don't want you to get an eye infection..." LOL... She worries about me. In short, my sister knows Christie and not only accepts her, but loves her.

I have a friend who is several years older than I am. She is an old friend of my brother's. When I was about 10 years old (She would have been in her mid 20's), she loved me. I was her little buddy and she said I was the best hugger in the world. Her name is Deborah. We reconnected about 2 years ago at a club my old band was playing in. We talked and had a great time... Then, spontaneously, we kissed. It was awkward and wonderful. We shared an encounter that found us in bed together. We both needed this at the time and have remained close again, though nothing like that has happened since. I showed her my Halloween pics and she loved them! She is one of the girls who wanted to hang out with Christie sometime. We joked about it and then, this past Saturday, I got dressed, made up, hair just so, and called her. She wanted me to come over. I drove to her house and her jaw dropped. We spoke for about an hour and decided to go to visit my friend Carrie (Christie's biggest supporter and best friend). They hit it off and the three of us had some wonderful conversations about life changes and problems we have faced, CD'ing, gay and bi people we know, and the Bible. It was amazing. We decided to plan a girl's night out soon and my sister wants to join us. After Deborah and I went back to her house we spoke more of Chris and Christie. She began to separate the two and recognize "us" as two totally different people. At one point she was looking deep into my eyes and said, "I don't see Chris in there. You ARE Christie!" She is very aware of my need for privacy on the matter. I have a new friend and ally!

Now this part is just funny and wonderful. I'll keep it short. That same night my sister and I (still dressed) had dinner and watched a movie together. I realized I had forgotten one Christmas gift while I was shopping the day before. After having such a perfect day, I decided about midnight to go to *GASP* Wal-Mart! I needed to stop at a convenience store on the way so I chose one I hardly ever go to. The guy working was very friendly and struck up a casual conversation. We spoke a bit and I made my purchase. I was very nervous and dropped some coins on the floor when he gave me my change. This young man walked around the counter and said, "Let me get that for you." He smiled at me and gave me the coins. I thanked him with a smile and he said, "Have a nice night Miss. Drive safely." I think he knew, but he was so gentlemanly and nonchalant about it! WOW!! Then at Wa-lMart several people smiled at me as I shopped. I overheard a group of guys behind me talking about that "hottie", "cougar", and "milf" in the black sweater and thigh high boots and tight jeans (Yes, I was sexied up a bit) I looked their way and gave a little wink and they all got embarrassed, laughing and smiling at me. I made my way to the checkout line and the woman behind me said, "Girrlll... I am loving those boots!" I told her where I got them and we casually spoke a bit.

In closing, I just want to say my level of nervousness about going out, passing, and acceptance has pretty much gone to almost zero! It was my best day ever!!

Rachelakld
12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
sounds like an amazing time, funny how being us can for some, be so freeing
While I don't pass, those shopping trips can be a lot of fun.

bridget thronton
12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Sounds like a very good day indeed

Shelly Preston
12-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Its those little moments with friends that will stay with you for a lifetime

Katey888
12-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Christie - that is all so touching, wonderful and funny (the last part - obviously..) - sounds like you will be finishing this year and starting the next on a big high! That is so great and inspiring... :c9:
Kateyx

Alice B
12-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Without question that was a great day and by all accounts you have developed some great friends and strong confidence. As they say -"way to go girl".

Beverley Sims
12-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Cristie,
May next year see you out and about without reservations.
Life should be good.:)

MarciManseau
12-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you have a really fun year ahead. Go for it!

Suzanne F
12-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Way to go Christie! We have to take a chance on other people if we want to get out of the closet. I treasure all
of my GG friends. They have been so supportive and I wouldn't have the courage to live my life partially as Suzanne without them. I look forward to hearing more of your adventures!
Hugs
Suzanne

carhill2mn
12-23-2013, 02:59 PM
The really "good news" is that you can look forward to many more great days like this one!

Angie G
12-23-2013, 03:04 PM
That's awesome Christie. Your sister sounds like a very special lady and with those friends your a very lucky girl hun.:hugs:
Angie

Sarah L
12-23-2013, 03:46 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am for you. It sounds like you've got alot of support from some good people. You must be proud to know them. I do hope your sister gets to doing better.

Kristina_nolagirl
12-23-2013, 05:52 PM
So happy for you!!! There is no better feeling then being accepted for who you truly are! Sounds like 2013 was a great year for you, hopefully 2014 is even better. :)

Sophie Yang
12-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Christie,

It only gets better the more you do it. A great way to end the year and a greate start of the new year.

Jamie Lynn
12-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Congratulations, Christie! Between you and Isha you two are creating quite the jealousy........I mean....FAN club! Keep being happy! ;)

Madeline80
12-24-2013, 02:20 AM
I really enjoyed your story. I have four sisters, awesome girls and I know they would be supportive if i had the nerve to tell them. It would be so great if all of us could make things happen the way you have!

AmyGaleRT
12-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Christie, I don't think things could possibly have gone better for you! You are blessed with caring friends and family, and it sounds like you have developed your presentation to a high level indeed! Here's hoping the coming year is even better for you!

- Amy

Marcelle
12-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi Christie,

What a great story and what an excellent way to end 2013. I am glad you were able to reconnect with an old friend and bring her back into yours and Christie's life. I find having GG friends to go out with and experience life "en femme" one sure way to confidence boosting as I progress in my own journey.

Well done and best wishes to you over the holidays.

Hugs

Isha