PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Horror

Dragster
01-04-2006, 06:35 AM
For those of you within "commuting" distance of NW England, there's a great event on at Buxton Opera House on 19 January. It's a "Sing-a-long" Rocky Horror Picture Show starring Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Meatloaf, and Richard O'Brien. Tickets are only £12 and £14 and plenty of audience interaction and outrageous dressing up is expected. If only my wife was not so "anti", I'd be there like a shot, and I don't want to upset her while I'm waiting for "negotiations" on my CDing to begin (yes, still waiting!). You don't get many opportunities to wear your corset, stockings, suspenders and heels out in public and get away with it, but this looks like one!
Thought I'd just share this with you in case you want to take the opportunity. If you do go, I want to see PHOTOGRAPHS, lots of them! It may only make me more jealous, but I'll get a lot of fun out of seeing you enjoy it! Maybe one year it'll happen for me. Hope it's before I die!

Tony

Nikki Dee
01-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks Tony....I used to live in Derbys....and would have gone no problem...and with my wife no doubt...but sadly I have other plans on that date.....hope you get to be who you want to be...best of luck.!
Love Nikki. xx

Colleen
01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Over here in the states They have been doing that since 1980 Its quite a cult thing.This one movie place ran the show every friday nite for at least 10 years.They all interacted with the movie great time.If you just want to see the movie get the DVD.

celeste26
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
There was a certain time in my life when that would have been the highlight of my year. I attended Rocky Horror so many times that I knew all the words without looking at any script. I took a bag with me to the theatre with props and stood up in the front. But that was many years ago. I have a DVD of the movie at home and I still remember the words but the rest has gone bye bye.

Given that Tim Curry was so typecast afterward that it took more than a decade before he did another movie, I'm surpized he was willing to do this event. Likewise for the other actors.

Like Magenta says just before the Time Warp, we're all lucky.

Dragster
01-04-2006, 02:49 PM
I know what you mean about the actors Celeste, but I wonder which part Meatloaf will play! I'm not sure I'd want to see him in drag....it won't be a pretty sight. But his music is something else! It's what I have on in the car if I want to do some "enthusiastic" motoring!

Tony

jo_ann
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Over here in the states They have been doing that since 1980 Its quite a cult thing.

Nod, this has been going on forever, it's just become something everyone knows about. In fact, fox once played the movie while every once in a while "parts where the audience gets interactive" they showed people in a real theater so you could see what goes on at a rocky horror picture showing. Amazingly enough I've never gone to one, I suppose it's a good way to get away with dressing up without it being halloween.

Sweet Susan
01-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I used to love going to those things, and I just about developed the hots for Tim Curry, until I saw him in drab that is.

Rachel Morley
01-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Holy cow!! are you seriously telling me that Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Meatloaf, and Richard O'Brien are all going to be live on stage together?!!?? No way.....surely not. Is it a movie? If it is a live show I am so seriously bummed by this. I would kill to go to a live show like that.

Dragster
01-05-2006, 08:24 PM
No it can't be live at that price, but I think it's the "sing-a-long" audience participation that they're promoting. But then you get that at all the Rocky Horror Shows anyway! Here's the link-

http://www.buxton-opera.co.uk/more.php?id=1559

and an excerpt from the promotion

"The campest cult classic of all time gets the Sing-a-long-a treatment it’s been screaming out for! Starring Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Meatloaf and Richard O’Brien, this is the most outrageous, riotous, kitsch, wonderful romp ever. Sing-a-long-a Rocky Horror Picture Show is packed full of terrific numbers like Sweet Transvestite, There's a Light, Science Fiction Double Feature and Whatever Happened To Saturday Night? With fantastic audience interaction, outrageous dressing-up and the world famous sing-a-long-a goody bag, you won’t have a better chance to let your hair down this year! If you’ve done The Time Warp before, you’ll never have done it quite like this! Certificate 12."

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.

Tony