PDA

View Full Version : The closet door is open just a crack

jennloves55
12-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!
My closet door opened a crack this morning. Thanks to everyone here I got up enough courage to go shopping this morning while under dressed. It was an amazing feeling. I was only a little nervous yet so excited. And happier than I've been in a long time. I didn't even bother to put socks on over my tights. I realize it's only a baby step, but it is a start and I can't wait to do it again. Thank you all for giving me this courage! xoxo

jenn

kimdl93
12-24-2013, 09:08 AM
You do what feels right for you. There's no obligation to go farther than your own comfort zone.

AnnieMac
12-24-2013, 09:34 AM
That's wonderful hun! It's so great how those little accomplishments feel. GG's don't always understand this part since it is so nature for them to do, and such an event for us. BTW yesterday, today and the next few are my favorite times to shop for my girl fashion items, since it's so nuts in the stores, and the SA's aren't paying a whole lot of attention to you personally, since a lot of men are shopping anyway for others. I picked up a few of the cutest pairs of patterned tights yesterday. Can't wait to try them on with my boots and flouncy black skirt - Much love for the Christmas and the Holidays! -Annie

Tina B.
12-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I remember that feeling, enjoy, it's a great way to get through all of the holiday shopping.
Once while walking across the mall, just after I started going out under dressed, the wife reached over and popped my bra strap, (I used to do it to her, for laughs, to watch her blush) I turned red, but what a rush it was, knowing we had a little secret just the two of us.

Beverley Sims
12-24-2013, 10:50 AM
I hear a creaky squeaky door in your life opening even further next year. :)

alexis61
12-24-2013, 10:51 AM
That's great!! The feeling I had the first time I stepped outside was nerve racking but also so exciting. It took me 2 hours before I could work up the nerve to step out the front door. Once I did I remember strutting my stuff like a confident woman... Inside I was a reck!!! Haha. So proud if you!! ;)

jennloves55
12-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. xoxo

Rachelakld
12-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Enjoy these days of excitement,
Always starts with a crack in the door, before you know it you'll be fully fem at the malls

chelyann
12-24-2013, 06:27 PM
way to go
it gets easier each time
Merry Christmas to all

Tracii G
12-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Good for you and let the door open more next year!

emilamb
12-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Congratulations! It's been aaaggges since I've underdressed in public... maybe I should try it again. :)

lingerieLiz
12-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Congrats, you will get used to it and it can become normal yet fun. I'm not a big Christmas shopper since there are so many amateur shoppers out there. Soon there will be sales to go to.

I underdress most of the time including wearing a bra. Actually I wear mostly fem clothes all the time. I find that most people don't notice and the few who do don't say anything. Enjoy the experience. When buying things I've been asked who is it for and I tell them me. Several SAs have not believed me even when they can clearly see my bust line or ask to try something on. I don't try to broadcast, hey look at me, but I have seen other guys wearing things that do. To each their own as far as I'm concerned.

Marcelle
12-25-2013, 07:40 AM
So glad to hear this and Congrats. Baby steps are fine and only you will truly know your comfort level. So for 2014, go at the speed you deem appropriate and most of all . . . enjoy being you.

Hugs

Isha

jennloves55
12-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks everyone. It is so awesome to be around so many supportive people. You are all the best. Merry Christmas.

Nichole_31
01-02-2014, 11:50 AM
yup, that's how I started...First it was just pantyhose under my jeans, then I wanted to see what I looked like in a skirt. Then I wanted to see what if was like to wear heels. After awhile it progressed to me going to a club fully dressed. It was the best night of my life. I hope you enjoy the journey as I did.

Sarah Beth
01-02-2014, 11:54 AM
While I'm sure it's not as big a thrill as being completly dressed en femme and shopping that feeling of having on those femme things underneath while shoping for women's clothing is a special feeling.

Karren H
01-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Run back in and shut the door! There's a snow storm coming! lol

TxCassie
01-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Congrats Jenn :love:

I know exactly how you feel. It's important that you always do what is comfortable for you. There was a time underdressing was just so "NO WAY"! I was so closeted. I think all of us eventually get to the point where, you just need to do it. Suppressing the feelings and behavior just doesn't work anymore. The very fact that you have the desire to dress is the one defining aspect of your personality that you will dress, eventually.

But the key to newbies is to dress as you see fit. If underdressing is all you feel comfortable doing, then that's as far as you take it. You will find that there will be a day, that underdressing is a non-issue for you and you find yourself expanding your expression. You many never dress in public but then again, you don't have too. All you have to be is happy.

I am happy to say now, that five years ago, I owned no femme clothing, only desires and such a empty and sense of being a fraud in my sole male persona. Today, I own enough clothing to have at least ten different complete outfits. I have gone for a makeover at the MAC store, dressed in public while attending our local transgender support group and have not purged in the last five years. Now, I may never dress in public in my home town, but that's ok, because now I know, there are places here I can do so privately, and now I know I can travel and have special "Cassie" time.

So, the biggest of HUGS honey, Be Happy! :battingeyelashes:

Cassie :love: