PDA

View Full Version : Maybe my silly theory . … CD and astrological signs!

AnnieMac
12-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Well, I never put much stock in being able to tell the future through reading horoscopes. However, I believe there is a certain rhythm and timing to the universe
(gee, I sound like a nutty hippy chic), and the timing of when you were born affects your nature. So I do put some stock in when they describe your nature based on your astrological sign. I find those to be pretty close most times. So being a Pisces, we have a very strong dual nature, and a very emotional, creative, intuitive way of thinking and working things out. In short this makes us Pisceans think like women, and I have dealt with this my whole life, and sometimes it's wonderful and other times a disaster.

I would be willing to bet that there are a lot of us under that Pisces Sign that are cross-dressers because of our dual nature and emotional thinking. So I'd love to hear from you other Pisces Girls and what you think, and also from those from other "Signs" if you think your astrological sign affected your predilection to enjoy dressing and being female.

Rachael Leigh
12-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Annie, well I'm not one to believe in the astrology and even though I use to occasionally look at them I am a Pisces and so it is an interesting observation because I do have a very creative nature and sometimes wonder had I ever learned how to sew I bet I might have been pretty good at it. However I just don't put much stock in the signs.
On that note Merry Christmas hon
Hugs Leigh

Jenniferathome
12-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Well, I never put much stock in being able to tell the future through reading horoscopes. ...

You lost me right after this part. Science and magic just don't go together.

stephNE
12-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Wouldn't it be funny to find out that all CDers are a couple signs, and that a couple signs have NO CDers?
My bet - it will be pretty evenly distributed.

Katey888
12-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Me a Capricorn (as was my mother... maybe there's a connection there.. :thinking:) and Stephanie, there's no way I'm betting against that one :D

Maybe if the moderators are bored over Christmas someone could run a script on the database to show the distribution... might breach data protection :daydreaming: I'll bet the NSA could tell us.....
Kateyx

Tina B.
12-24-2013, 10:22 AM
missed being a Pisces by one day, but that didn't stop me from dressing.

PatChick
12-24-2013, 10:24 AM
I am a Pisces(March 1), but don't believe in Astrology at all, although I do feel I think differently then most people. I never really thought of it as a feminine way of thinking.

Beverley Sims
12-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Not a Pisces, just a cross dresser.

Ashleynn
12-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm a Capricorn, and the only thing I know about being one is I am supposedly sarcastic, and temperamental, also passionate. Turns out all those things are absolutely true. I have never thought about how it may play into my feminine side being as strong as it is though. Realistically I think with any of the signs, if you dig deep enough you can find something in all of them that could point you in that direction.

alexis61
12-24-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't know a lot about astrology.. But I'm an Aquarious and we are free spirits, and I am most definitely a free spirit. It could have something to do with why I'm a cross dresser. I was 7 years old the first time I put on a pair of heels and dress. Never asked myself why I was doing it, I just knew I felt comfortable and natural.

Gillian Gigs
12-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Considering that astrology is all about the position of the sun, moon and stars, here is another thought. The birth canal is placed where we all get "mooned" at birth, does this have anything to do with it all.....

CD_DIANE
12-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Just sounds "fishy" to me !

Diane

Roberta Young
12-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi AnnieMac, Im also a fish Girl and agree about the dual personality. I think You stumbled upon another logical reason We do what we do. Hugs Roberta

Melissa Rose
12-24-2013, 11:53 AM
I have access to the membership list of the local transgender group which is primarily composed of cross dressers and many have provided their birth months. The birthdays are distributed throughout all twelve months of the year without a statistically significant peak or valley in any month (about 80 birthdays on record). I am not a believer in astrology so I am not surprised by this result.

Taylor Dame
12-24-2013, 12:23 PM
If astrology were a key, then I would expect that Gemini's like me would be more common. After all, we are always accused of having split personalities. :)

S. Lisa Smith
12-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Sorry, I'm a Scorpio.

AnnieMac
12-24-2013, 12:47 PM
-Wonderful comments girls! keep them coming, this is kind of FUN! The unpredictable, fluid like and mostly female qualities are generally associated with the water signs, like Aquarius & Pisces, and how they view the world.

-Oh, but they do they do, Jenniferathome!! your comment, "Science and magic just don't go together" is the opposite of how Pisceans think and feel! Male parts and garter belts aren't supposed to go together, but we know they do (we have made it so -YAY US!!)

-Last, cue up the Twlight Zone music: do do do dooooo, do do do dooooo, do do do dooooo - Yoohooo, PatChick! We share the exact same Birthday!! -March 1 Happy Birthday, Sweetie. I could see us all girl-ed up celebrating our birthdays together, after too much to drink -YIKES - we could get find a lot of trouble!! :))

Joanne f
12-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Well you may have something there as piscean's are very nice people who have a gentile softer side and can be quite romantic and it just so happens that I am one :) ( otherwise I might not have wrote that ) :heehee:

PaulaQ
12-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Pisces here. There are a number of girls here who take astrology pretty seriously, as it turns out. I don't - I'm an astronomer, amongst other things, so what do I know though?, lol! But this is fun. :)

Male parts and garter belts aren't supposed to go together, but we know they do (we have made it so -YAY US!!)

I find I have no argument that can seriously challenge this statement. Congrats, you win! ;) :D

AnnieMac
12-24-2013, 01:06 PM
I just had a Feeling about this cross-dressing Piscean thing :)

Dianne S
12-24-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't believe in astrology. Furthermore, precession means that the sun is no longer in the same position relative to the constellations that it was way back when Western astrology was created. See http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html for an explanation.

I do sometimes read my horoscope just for fun, and also it turns out that my Chinese horoscope is nicely compatible with those of my kids, but I don't take it seriously. Pure entertainment value.

bridget thronton
12-24-2013, 01:20 PM
I am a Gemini - so dual nature comes with the territory

Debra Russell
12-24-2013, 01:21 PM
I have always had a female twin (Gemini ) -- just thought that's just the way we were - works for me !.......................Debra

GroovyChristy
12-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I am a Capricorn, but strangely enough, descriptions of Pisces seem spot-on for me. :strugglin:

Roli F
12-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Me too I am Pisces too LOL

Christy Stevens
12-24-2013, 02:26 PM
I am a Gemini. I have read a bit on astrology, and I do believe there is something going that shapes your personality a little depending on when you are born. Almost all of the traits assocciated with Gemini fit me to a T.

ShelbyDawn
12-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Scorpio here and from what little I know, we are supposed to be very passionate and very loyal. Have no idea how that would play into crossdressing except that the only place I would rather see lingerie than on me, is on an attractive woman. :)

Nikki A.
12-24-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm a Taurus but I was born a month Premature so I'm a Gemini in disguise.

kimdl93
12-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Yup. Silly.

AnnieMac
12-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh yeah, I know girls, this is all for just fun and silly really. But I think there is a certain little something to the timing of when you were born, where everything was in the universe, and how it, all of that gravity and such affected you, and the fluids in side the womb etc. Kind of like how the moon controls the tides, and, no joke, have you ever chatted with a bunch of ER or OBGYN nurses? They will tell you the number of births will increase during a full moon, they believe it has some affect on the amnionic fluids and such. Oh I know i'm a little crazy, but hey i'm a allowed. I'm a chic after all (well kind of) and a Pisces chic at that - Good grief!!

Luna Nyx
12-24-2013, 04:03 PM
i was born in may so im a Gemini.... makes sense.

NikiMichelle
12-24-2013, 04:10 PM
I am a Gemini and I feel this sign explains the two sides to us the best if we feel we have a masculine and feminine side...a very common theme here!

DianeDeBris
12-24-2013, 04:38 PM
We Capricorns are too logical to believe in astrology.

AnnieMac
12-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Funny thing I read about Pisces and Gemini - the "two-faced" signs if you will. Gemini experiences different dualities of their natures at alternating times; one, then the other, then back. Pisces experiences their dualities of their natures at the same time, always kind of caught half-way between everything. It's interesting because those descriptions are reflected in their astrological symbols or logos. Pisces - fish facing different directions at the same time. Gemini - the two faces - facing different directions at different times - back to back.

Okay that's little out there! But one thing I know in my own personality and perhaps Gemini and maybe Aquarius experience this. Separate from my dual gender and cross dressing personality, I've felt this "dual-ness" my whole life, like I was always caught in between or doing things that have different mindsets at the same time. It's that whole right brain - left brain thing, and I'm right smack in the middle of that too, I have equal traits of both. Hmm right brain-left brain thing . . thats a whole 'nut her thread on how that affects CDing. Anyway, Geez louise girls, I'm a mess!! But having fun anyway! I should just go buy a new pair of heels, Oh no what color do I decide on . . .

suzy1
12-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I will stick with science and logic thanks.
The supernatural is not for me.

Robin777
12-24-2013, 05:05 PM
sorry not a Pisces. I'm a Leo.............

emilamb
12-24-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm on the border of two signs, so depending on which "authority" you believe, I'm either a Leo or a Virgo.

Stephanie Julianna
12-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm an Aquarius. Born the same day as Charles Dickens. When he wrote he gave as much detail to his female characters as his male. (I'm a Victorian Lit. major). I was always under the assumption that Aquarians were her to make sure taht all the other signs did not get bored. Lot of Love Steph

Christina Kay
12-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Gemini ,the twins ,,''enough said :)hugs

Veronica27
12-24-2013, 10:29 PM
I have never considered astrology to have any real significance, particularly in the horoscope sense of predicting the future. Having said that, I am always fascinated at how closely many of the characteristics of my own sign seem to fit my personality. Perhaps we subconsciously mold our personality to match those astrological descriptions we read. Oh, I'm another Gemini, by the way. They seem very common to this lifestyle.

Veronica

Tina June
12-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Well I was born on the cusp of Leo and Virgo, so how does that work out?

nvlady
12-25-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm a libra. I keep my two sides pretty much in balance.

dizzy
12-25-2013, 12:44 AM
I am a Libra so how does that work?

AnnieMac
12-25-2013, 01:31 AM
That's too funny Steph! I think you may be right about Aquarius. I love their "nutty" quality, but then again it is me saying that!
Gee, you girls are right, the Libra balance thing. You Libras have a point!

emilamb
12-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Well I was born on the cusp of Leo and Virgo, so how does that work out?

Well, since now there's two of us who are Leo/Virgos, anyone know what that means? :) When I was little, I figured that if they didn't even know which sign I was supposed to be, they definitely couldn't know anything important! So I don't know anything about what personality traits each sign is supposed to have.

Shari
12-25-2013, 06:14 AM
This is beginning to sound a bit too much like Feces.

stellatoo
12-25-2013, 06:20 AM
You lost me right after this part. Science and magic just don't go together.

I see your skepticism and raise you Arthur C Clarke

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Stella

Marcelle
12-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Darn . . . I thought we might finally have an answer to why we CD but alas . . . we are still a cross section of society :)

Scorpio BTW

Happy Holidays and hugs to all

Isha

suzy1
12-25-2013, 12:50 PM

Stella

There is a good debate here me thinks.
Advanced technology! Magic! Indistinguishable?.......I think not:eek:

Jenniferathome
12-25-2013, 12:53 PM

I love Mr Clarke's comment. Always have. Astrology, however, is not science, no more so than a fortune cookie.

Michelle789
12-26-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm a Gemini. I think Gemini and Pisces are the two most represented signs here. I counted 9 Geminis, and 5 Pisces. I counted 30 different responses here. On average there should be 2.5 (so 2 or 3) of each sign. Although any sign can be a CD, TG, or TS, I'm not surprised that almost half of the responses were from the two dual-nature signs. I noticed several people born on the cusps of signs, so maybe being born on a cusp also gives you a dual nature, in particular the Leo-Virgo and Aquarius-Pisces cusps, which are polar opposites.

Btw I take astrology very seriously. I think our astrological charts also affect how our CD, TG, or TS manifests itself. It also affects how well we hide the feminine aspects of our personalities.

Dianne S
12-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I counted 9 Geminis, and 5 Pisces.

I never mentioned my sign because I don't believe in astrology at all. But for what it's worth, it's Capricorn although given the earth's precession, the sun was in Saggitarius on my birthday... so... which particular brand of nonsense should I subscribe to? :)

Btw I take astrology very seriously.

OK. To each her own, I guess...

AnnieMac
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey Michelle 789, in regards to your comment,
"I think our astrological charts also affect how our CD, TG, or TS manifests itself. It also affects how well we hide the feminine aspects of our personalities."
I would be interested hearing your further ideas on that, how so ya think? -Annie!

katssun
12-26-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm a Libra, and I do think I need to keep a balance between my male side and Kat.

I'm not that big into astrology, but it's all in good fun.

Michelle789
12-26-2013, 03:07 PM
"I would be interested hearing your further ideas on that, how so ya think? -Annie!"

I'm not sure exactly how. I think it depends on how different planets are aligned in your chart. It's something I would need to research more. It would be interesting to find out.

rachellegsep
12-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Another Capricorn here. Perhaps because of being the serious, logical starsign, its natures way of balancing it out?

Kiva
12-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Pisces here! :)

Debbie Deb
12-27-2013, 01:59 AM
taurus here..... But I do not give it much credit..

Hell on Heels
12-27-2013, 02:09 AM
I happen to be an Aries, But do believe I have the same traits that you listed, emotional,
creative, intuitive way of thinking, and working things out.
Is this normal for an Aries also?
Much love,
Kristyn