PDA

View Full Version : Xmas blues

Teresa
12-25-2013, 05:01 AM
I use to like Xmas when I was younger the giving and receiving of gifts but now the usual question from the wife, the kids want to know what you want for Xmas, I've told them not to worry there is nothing you need. I just look at the ground and take a deep breath and say that's OK. I would just love to say I would really like some new underwear, it's not just because I do need new stuff it would be saying yes we know you have a problem we understand but we still love you. This year I felt like shouting, "You might as well buy a ****** straight jacket !" .... Preferably with a bit of a bust, satin inserts, lace trimmed and suspender straps. To rub salt in my wounds I suppose some of you lucky girls are heading for the ski slopes ( the other passion I can talk about) I didn't learn till I was ***** **** years old (I wish that said twenty one!) but just love it, you come alive! The problem is you're enjoying so much you don't realise you have taken a wrong turning and you're standing at the top of a black run, the ski term to "shush" should mean to make a smooth, controlled descent of the mountain, it doesn't it is usually the last thing you were heard shouting before you disappeared into the 10 feet high snowdrift!. So now let's see what Santa brought me, the trusty check shirt, those manly cord trousers and a six pack of thick woolly socks just what every good hubbie and dad should wear ( I'm sure I heard one of you whisper in my ear about sarcasm being....). Well that's Xmas done and dusted, I'm still laughing, how does the saying go, " Laugh and the world laughs with you,cry and you cry alone". I know you girls won't let that happen, Merry Xmas!

P.S. Don,t eat too much you know you've got to fit into those new outfits !.

Erica Marie
12-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Im crying with you. One thing to remember at least you have a family that loves you. If nothing else smile on the outside for them.

Hope you have a nice christmas.

Shelly Preston
12-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Teresa, unless your are out to the family this will always happen. you might want to suggest gift vouchers next year at least then you can choose the items you want.

Its always going to be a struggle at this time of year but I am sure you can get through this.

Marcelle
12-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi Teresa,

I know that it feels like there is nothing anyone can say to you to help you. However, I would like to offer my support. I am assuming you are not out to your family? Specifically, they do not know about Teresa in any fashion? If this is the case, I can only suggest that you cherish the love you have for them and they for you as a husband and a father. Draw them close during these periods of blueness, hug them and do things as a family. Draw strength from their laughter, draw courage from their love and above all else . . . love yourself for who you are.

If you have to keep Teresa secret, share that familial love with her and when you are "en boy" allow her to partake (albeit in secret). Just because you cannot express Teresa complete (dressed and out to all) she is still a part of you. You can allow her the ability to see the light just by sharing your family's love with her.

I am not saying this will cure your feelings but it might help you to weather the storm a bit more.

Hugs and extra hug because you need one.

Isha

Beverley Sims
12-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Teresa I just said in another post, give the rest of the family a break at Christmas and count my blessings for what I receive at other more appropriate times.

Launa
12-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Yeah sometimes we feel like we're trapped in a shitty place but as others have said you do have some family to hang out with which is way more important than the alternative. Maybe down the road you can come out to the wife and do some of the things you want to do, unfortunately you live slightly east of me otherwise I would say lets hit the Rockies here for some good skiing.

Cheers