PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

Majella St Gerard
12-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Been thinking of shocking my wife's family today by wearing a dress for Christmas, I feel I should be able to dress anyway I want to in my own home. In-laws are in town and I haven't dressed up in days :sad:. I should dress up and freak them all out when they show up for dinner. Just an idea, I do like to rock the boat from time-to-time.

Merry Christmas to all

Peace & Love

Majella

Raychel
12-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Might think about running that by your wife first, That certainly could cause some tension, best not to rock the boat on Christmas. :thinking:

Majella St Gerard
12-25-2013, 09:04 AM
We've discussed it and she would not mind, my wife does not control when I can dress up, she lets me be me, I don't tell her what to wear and she don't tell me what to wear or when I can wear something.

Jeanna
12-25-2013, 09:09 AM
You go girl!

Barbra P
12-25-2013, 09:37 AM
For me Christmas is a time to honor Jesus and his teachings, a time to think of others, a time to give and bring joy, and a time of peace. Somehow shocking your Wife’s family just doesn’t seem to fit into the Spirit of Christmas.

Sara Jessica
12-25-2013, 10:29 AM
I think it's a rotten idea, but that's just me. Unless of course you are so "out" that the entire notion of how you present yourself at Christmas dinner is a non-issue. The way you put it though, that you are looking to "freak people out", I dare to say that your out-ness still has some hurdles to overcome.

If your wife is on board, knock yourself out. Please be sure to report back on the fallout.

AnnieMac
12-25-2013, 10:36 AM
I agree with the other girls here, Don't do that - Christmas with the family is such a rare, wonderful gathering of everyone these days. It's about the only day our family is together anymore, with the kids all into their own lives and such. I know that pink fog thing can make you do some daring things, but don't make Christmas about you. It will be brought up every Christmas thereafter. Do yourself a favor though, underdress in your favorite panties, and you will feel fine! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, sweetie. -Annie

Jenniferathome
12-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Why the shock and awe? Wait until after the holiday and then come out. Seems like you are being spiteful. Christmas is about GIVING

Beverley Sims
12-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Magella,
I would not rock the Christmas boat.
The silly season will be over shortly, and you do not need to do something you will regret later.
Merry Christmas.

Melissa Rose
12-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Seriously? Do you really want to potentially ruin Christmas and the memories of Christmas 2013 for one or more of your family members? Christmas is about the spirit of caring and giving and family, it is not about getting your own jollies from "rocking the boat" at the expense of others. If you want to spring a surprise like this one, perhaps wait for your birthday when the day is about you. Being selfish and potentially making a mess of Christmas for others is not the way to do it.

Rianna Humble
12-25-2013, 11:28 AM
That sounds like the most selfish thing I have heard (or read) in months! Just because your wife tolerates your dressing, does not mean that she wants you to cause a ruckus when her family visits.

Amanda M
12-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Majella -grow up.

DanielleLee
12-25-2013, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with others. As you indicated above, this is for the shock factor. If you were out full time to family and they were accustomed to seeing you dressed regularly then that would be one thing and this conversation would not be being had. I don't see any reason to do this today to your wife's family.

joank
12-25-2013, 12:19 PM
NO, NO-NO, nonono. Some other time maybe (like Halloween).

Bootsiegalore
12-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I did last year at Thanksgiving. My Brother-in-law has never returned! Mission accomplished!

Lorileah
12-25-2013, 12:31 PM
not an idea I would endorse really. Wait and dress tonight after the family is gone

Megan Thomas
12-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Keep it for another time, maybe a party at New Year instead? Christmas day is a day for others, not ourselves and our whims!

Majella St Gerard
12-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Wow! I got beat up on that one. Well I didn't do it. Had a good time anyway. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Peace & Love

Majella

kimdl93
12-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah, kinda left yourself open for justifiable criticism, don't ya think? But if you dress as you wish when you wish, why not make a New Years resolution to come out to the family in a more considerate manner. Why rock the boat when you can start paddling.