PDA

View Full Version : There is hope

Marla GG
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
The following true story was sent to me privately by a long-standing member here who wishes to remain anonymous for personal reasons. I'll call her C. She asked me to post it to the forum because she wanted to share it with all of you. I agree it's a beautiful, uplifting story and well worth reading.

I am sure C. will be following this thread so you can address any responses directly to her. Enjoy.

I met a woman on a blind date. We were immediately attracted to each other and, feeling this had potential for a real relationship, I knew on the first date I must gather the courage to be completely honest with her and tell her of my crossdressing. No one had ever known of it in 33 years until my ex-wife accidentally found out last summer. So on that first date, while sitting in a restaurant I told her I had something I needed to tell her if our relationship were to continue. She sat calmly while I backed into the issue with a ramble of my growing up and disfunctional family. At one point, while I stumbled over my words, she slowly stood up, leaned across the table, cupped my cheek in the palm of her hand and kissed me - saying, "It's okay, whatever you need to tell me." (Our first kiss) So I looked her straight in the eye and told her I was a crossdresser. (the first time those words had ever crossed my lips) Her calm gaze never wavered and she said, "You are incredibly brave...and more of a man than I've ever known." I was stunned. I cannot describe the emotional shockwave that hit me. I felt relieved, overwhelmed, validated, normal and truly loved for my entire self for the first time at age 43.

She admitted she knew nothing about the subject and after doing her own unprompted research told me she empathized with the torment I have gone through for so many years. She read My Husband Betty We talked about crossdressing. She asked frank questions. She eventually saw pictures of me dressed and then asked to see me dressed. My doorebll rang for our date one night. I was en femme sans makeup. She showed no reaction at all except to kiss me on the cheek girl-style and say "Hi C., it's nice to meet you." We spent several hours of "girl-time" together while she gave me a make-over using what cosmetics I had as well as some eye-shadow she bought for me that she thought worked better than what she had seen in my pictures. I am very masculine "en drab" and lamented "Dustin Hoffman in "Tootsie" style" that "I just wished I were prettier."

Here is the email she wrote me the next day:
"Dear C.,
I just wanted to send a little note and tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you. You are a perfectly lovely woman and you have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen....(part omitted) I have to admit that I am green with envy over your gorgeous legs. I will try not to let that get in the way of our friendship!

One last note before I go...we all wish we were prettier, dear. I'm afraid that is simply our lot in life. We are our own worst critics. What shines through in your pictures is that you are happy, content and comfortable with yourself. And that makes you absolutely beautiful.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Much love and fondness."

This email never ceases to make me cry. And her support has never waivered.

erica12b
01-04-2006, 11:08 AM
that is a great story,

it's the finding of a gg that is excepting , lucky "girls"

Wendy me
01-04-2006, 11:19 AM
veary cool i just love hearing things like this....thank you for shareing it with us.....

suanne
01-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Yes....I must say that is a prefect way to start a new relationship. I can only think and hope for"C" that it will go far. I would bet that "C" is pinching herself daily to make sure this is really happening. Makes me think of all the hiding and suffering she has spent in keeping this a secret is mostly behind her now. Good fortune, be happy, we are on your side, and alot of us wish we could be as honest and as bold about our hidden self as you are now.

Marla. Thanks for sharing that.

With warmest regards, Suanne

Nikki Dee
01-04-2006, 11:37 AM
So nice to read such a wonderful story...Thanks.
Love Nikki. xx

Billijo49504
01-04-2006, 11:49 AM
C, That is wonderful, don't let that lady get away...BJ

Kayla Smith
01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
What a very sweet story, I enjoyed reading it, Thank you for posting it.

Claire B
01-04-2006, 12:56 PM
This story is truly wonderful. The lady is a very exceptional lady. C. you have one of the most wonderful gems that can be found on this earth. I do so wish and hope that the two of you will be happy for the rest of time itself.

Hugs, Claire

Shelly Preston
01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi C

Thanks for sharing your story so far.

This lady sounds very special to you

I hope this blossoms into a wondeful lasting relationship.

Best wishes for the future.

Monica55cd
01-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story....It makes me feel very enveous of Lady "C" she is very lucky ..I'm sure we all wish we could find a GG woman like that.....If my GF was that understanding of me It would make me happier than i've ever been in my life i think.....

Sherrie
01-04-2006, 07:22 PM
How wonderful for you C. She sounds like a lovely woman. I hope you fall passionately in love and are with her forever. :cheer:
Best wishes. You are very lucky to find such a gem!

JocelynG
01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
What a beautiful story.Thank you so much for sharing it with us Marla and C. That is wonderful that there are other women out there that support us and love us for who we are. The best part of that e-mail was where she said "we all wish we were prettier, dear. I'm afraid that is simply our lot in life. We are our own worst critics. What shines through in your pictures is that you are happy, content and comfortable with yourself. And that makes you absolutely beautiful." It tells me that it doesn't matter if we are drop dead gorgeous as long as we are happy.That is the important thing

Mary Jane
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
C, you have found a very special person. Reading this made me cry also. Good luck.

Mary Jane

Dragster
01-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Aw, I love stories with happy endings! But I'm jealous that I'm not in the same position as you, "C". Well you never know what will happen if you keep on trying, and I'm not giving up on my wife....ever! Maybe one day she will understand me, and if she does, that'll be scary!!!

Tony

Clarissa3d
01-04-2006, 09:15 PM
What a wounderful letter. I guess I must say I am also one that is green with envy.

Hugg to Ms C.

Sophia Rearen
01-04-2006, 09:17 PM
With such a nice story and wonderful outcome, I'm sorry to question the anonymity. I don't mean to be rude, but the first question that comes to mind is why? It's great to hear such success stories. But, we all benefit and feed off of interaction through each others trials and tribulations.

Rachel Morley
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Marla told me that she was going to post something beautiful from a long standing member who for personal reasons can't post right now. She didn't go into details because she didn't want to breach C's confidentiality so this is the first time I have heard anything about it.

My eyes started to water as I read it because I know only too well what it is like to find someone whom you love and that they love you but when one finally gets it into one's thick skull that she is totally ok with your crossdressing it's like an oasis in a desert....life saving.

Best of luck C, you could be on the brink of something quite phenomenonal !

TGMarla
01-04-2006, 10:16 PM
There isn't one of us here (who have the unacceptance situation to deal with) who isn't green with envy, yet truly glad for you, C. I hope that when you are free to post again, you will update us on what appears to be a wonderful and budding (and open!) relationship. Thank you for sharing it with us, as it truly brings hope to us all.

May your lives be truly blessed with each other's goodness and love.

Adrianne
01-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Marla that is a great letter and too fine a gg who is supporting in a new relationship. Thanks marla and C for sharing.

Rene
01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Marla, thank you for posting such a lovely letter. I too read it with with watery eyes.

Jenna1561
01-05-2006, 12:13 AM
A wonderful and heartwarming post. I wish C the best in the world - though she may have already found it!

Jenna

ChristineRenee
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM
A truly lovely post that speaks for itself Marla. Many thanks for sharing it with all of us hon!;)

Raychel
01-05-2006, 08:10 AM
What a great post. I hope that others learn from this and learn from the mistakes of other, including myself. Moral to the story. Always be Honest and keep the communications open.

This can be a very dificult thing to do regarding crossdressing. But if she really loves you it should not matter all that much and you should be able to come to some sort of happy arrangment for both sides.

Thanks for sharing the story with us.
Raychel

Tiffy
01-05-2006, 08:38 AM
C, I can only hope and pray that this love will continue to grow and flourish. Finding someone to except you is a wonderful feeling I know. I live it too. And I just hope that this love will carry the two of you the rest of your lives. Best of luck love, thanks for sharing.

Kisses, April Marie

Lotte L
01-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Dear C,

Thank you for sharing and wish you happy further lifetime with your girlfriend. You both are great personality.

Love,
Lotte L

Veronica E. Scott
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
There Is Hope

Thank you Marla what a wonderful story. There is hope for the rest of us.

"C" hoping nothing but the best for you and your new friend hope everything you have dreamed of comes true. Sounds like some of it has already best wishes for you.

Sarahgurl371
01-07-2006, 03:18 PM
This is a great story. I absolutley hope that we all will know this kind of love and acceptance from the ones closest to us.

I just wish that any unaccepting spouse or SO could read this post or others like it, and understand what the members here are saying in response: thank you for loving me so completely as to accept me for who I am, and embrace me. Thank you for being there for me to confide in. Thank you for seeing me when you look in my eyes. Thank you for forgiving me.

We long for that kind of truly deep emotional connection with someone. Usually we are screaming out for someone, anyone to just love us as we love and see ourselves. I can only imagine how good, peaceful and complete I would feel if I were lucky enough to find that special one who wants to be with me just because I am me. I hope that my wife feels that from me, I just want to feel it from her.

To those here who have found that someone, good for you, don't ever let her go. Treat her like a queen. Maybe, she will rub off on one other person, who will rob off on another, and so on.

Anyone a Jackson Browne fan? There is a line in the song "Call it a Loan" which talks about the singer having two identies and not owning up to that for some time. After finally doing so, he talks about the hurt he has caused, but that he is just hoping to get past it all and give love and be loved.

I don't know, here are the words, seem to sum it up for me.

"In the morning when I close my eyes, you were sleeping in paradise.
and while the room was growing light, I was holding still with all my might.

Oh, oh, what if its true, ahh, what my heart says
oh, oh, what'll I do
What if this feeling becomes hard to part with?

You were meant to play a part, in the design of a desperate heart.
And while you gave your love to me, I was betting I was getting it free.

Oh, oh, if I'd only known, ahh, what you heart costs
oh, oh, can we call it a loan
and a debt that I owe, on a bet that I lost

In the evening when you see my eyes, looking back at you in no disguise.
I'm not sure who you'll think you see
I'm just hoping you still know that its me.

Oh, oh, what if its true, aah, better ask the man inside
Oh, oh, there seem to be two
One steals a love, and the other one hides

Yeah can we call it a loan
Till I'm paid in full for the seeds I've sown
Yeah, can we say that I've grown
In some way that we still may have yet to be shown

Oh, oh, if I'd only known, ahh, what you heart costs
oh, oh, can we call it a loan
and a debt that I owe, on a bet that I lost"

Jackson Browne

Holly
01-08-2006, 01:25 AM
"C" you already know how fortunate you are to have found someone willing to accept the whole you. You are proof, in the first person, of the importance of honest communication in a relationship. Had you waited a month, a year, or ten years, the question would have been raised, "Why didn't you trust me enough to tell me sooner?" Love is more than never having to say you're sorry... it's never having to hide yourself.

emmicd
01-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Marla,

You have a way of tapping into the emotional well. I think all who experience crossdressing in their lives would like to have some form of acceptance or tolerance.

Crossdressers are normal people too! They just feel trapped and ashamed sometimes and without emotional support.

I enjoyed the story and am glad you shared it.

Thank you.

emmi

Alison Michelle
01-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Wow C, how lovely for you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you Marla for helping C bring her story to light.

racquel
01-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Lovely story,thanks for sharing.
I agree with Holly,being honest from the beginning gives one a greater chance of acceptance imho.

paulaN
01-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Thank you for sharing that story. It is nice to know that good things can happen if you are open and honest. And their are gg's out there for us.

cosmolovesph
01-08-2006, 11:03 AM
C *thank you Darla*,

That is incredible and very brave and I commend you and this certainly has the potential of a long time of getting to know each other.

All the best "C" and please keep us updated.

letisha
01-08-2006, 11:41 AM
I think it also is a wonderful story but wonder why so many are amazed.
My partner and I are involved with a adventurous adult club in Perth Western Australia and whenever we go out with him all dressed up the ladies flirt with him outrageously.
We dropped in after a Xmas party just recently and three ladies told him that night he was sexier cross dressed than in his straight clothing.
I think you would be amazed at how many straight woman are turned on by cross dressing.
I think the problem lays in taking to long to tell them who are are and that we have to be more up front with partners earlier in our relationships.
To hide it from someone for a long time and then for them to find out is a kind of a betrayal and very hard to get the trust back.
Letisha's/Steve and my relationship is the strongest and best I have ever had and that is because from the very start I knew about his crossdressing and we have never felt the need to hide anything from each other.
P.S That not quite the truth I have been hiding a few of my special outfits lately because over the last two years he has lost 20 kilo and now into my wardrobe.

amykins GG
01-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I loved the story. Both C and her friend are so lucky.

Letisha is so right.

I know if your married the risk reward of coming out is a lot differant but if your single and looking for the right person to be happy with then when you meet that person and come out to him or her earlier in the relationship before the risk out wieghs the reward.

Fallen Angel
01-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Its like a cinderalla story come true!!!! All I can say is that this has to be one of the most pleasent stories of true freindship ive heard in a long time.You have to be on cloud nine.She has touched your very soul.Hold on to her and never let her go xxxx I truely wish for wounderfull things for you

Kadence_Lynn
01-08-2006, 12:52 PM
What a great story! I needed to read that this morning it has been such a long time since I have been able to dress and was starting to even worry about dressing in front of my SO. She knows about my dressing and has seen me dressed , but it has been so long I was starting to feel lost and not emotionally trapped, and I guess a little shy.

I wish you all the best in this relationship C!! Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story, I know it has and will touch many of us that read it.

Love

Kadence

Katrina
01-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Wow. Just wow. That is a very heart-warming story and my eyes started to water reading it <sniff>. Best of luck to you, "C"!