PDA

View Full Version : BIG DECISION do i or not

Cindy J Angel
12-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Well I have my sec app with the therapy. in jan. In my first I got scared and I don't think it the way I wanted it to go Two days before I had my endocrinologist app I had a friend die from a blood clot from his leg. Was at my home just 5 hr. earley I had a very bad feeling from that. so I canceled my app. which I worked very hard to get.

I've been doing more research on hrt. as I am 55 my health is very import to me... I can not shake what has been driving me to move forward. I took the last two mos. revaluing what I wanted. And in those two mo I have been working on my famine side. I am out and about most days and when I am so post to be in man mode (wife) there is no line I do not try to cross. I have been told more then once by my wife to go change.

I do look more famine then Manley. I am starting to c her looking back at me now . So what do I/u do I think its going to happen I c no other way. as I have read on here more then once most likely by my self. I am now trying to make sure that I can go it a lone $ if and when it happens.

I am going to let my Dr. know this fri that I still want to move forward with hrt . I hope he will work with me we will c. Its is all I think about aver day. O and now that Xmass is over going to lost the last 20 that I went to. now 5'11" 185 I would like to be around 155/160 hay working on it its late. will talk more love Cindy

Rianna Humble
12-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Hi Cindy, hope you had a good Christmas.

I think you should definitely go to your appointment with the therapist in January and also actively try to set up a meeting with the endo. I also agree that you should be discussing this and your health worries with your main doctor.

mary something
12-26-2013, 07:42 AM
I think Rianna's idea of discussing this with your main doctor is an excellent idea too. Maybe at your next therapist apt you can also bring up the anxiety that you feel from possible side effects of hrt and your friend's experience. Working through the feelings you are having will help you be healthier regardless of what you choose.

wanagione
12-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Hi, I'm 55 also and I have been having the same drive to move forward. I get it, I also think you should keep all your doctor appointments because you have to stay healthy no matter what. Good luck with what ever you path you choose.

Cindy J Angel
12-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Well I have a DR. app this Friday now this is not all about gd but plan to bring it up again. Any question that you might think I should ask. I am worried about blood clots while on hrt . love cindy

Kaitlyn Michele
12-26-2013, 07:59 PM
You know there are risks and lots of online resources to research..

You need to figure out what your own particular risks are...

Let him know what you want to do , and hear what he says about it.. one thought is also that you will have to determine how much he really knows...each doctor doesn't know all things, and they may have views around all of this...that's just something you have to consider in the moment and when you think about what to do with any info you get...

Megan Thomas
12-26-2013, 08:44 PM
If you're discussing HRT with your doctor you might want to raise the frequency of blood tests in the future, plus what exactly they should be testing (it's not just for E or T levels). I'd also be discussing different ways of administering HRT as non-pill form might be more suitable for some patients. You might also want to discuss other aspects of risks linked to long-term HRT use, such as osteoporosis in old age.

Personally, I'd go forearmed with as much information for your doctor as possible. The chances of them having much experience in our "field" is not particularly high.

Good luck.

JAS
12-27-2013, 10:01 PM
I am wondering just what exactly is the reasoning behind your taking mind altering, body altering and life altering drugs?:confused2::confused2:

whowhatwhen
12-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Was your friend's clot the result of HRT?
Though I'd imagine there are things to reduce the risk it's something to talk with the doc about for sure.

Cindy J Angel
12-29-2013, 03:21 AM
I had another Dr. app on Friday. I got all my question answer The big one was on blood clotting from our legs. His answer was that he can do some blood work to c see if I have precuress to having blood clots. I will get what he is looking for and post that when I can. we talk for a long time. I was going to ask if he has worked with tg/ts but he beat me to it he just said that he has work with us and he has read quite a bet on this matter. he went as far to say that there were over 7 here.( would love to get a support group if u know how feel free to say) . blood work will get done on Jan 3 when I see therapist. I talked about hrt he will send me back to the endo . so that was some good news. love cindy

I Am Paula
12-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Cindy, I know from your posts, and PM's that this has been a great concern, and I'm sooo glad you're getting some answers. I've stressed the importance of a DR. with TS experience, and I'm glad you've found one. Fear is the greatest obstacle to getting the help we need, and I'm glad you can now move forward more confidently. hugs-Paula

mary something
12-29-2013, 11:16 AM
That's great Cindy! Sounds like you have found a great Dr. for your needs, I agree and think this will help you feel more confident :)

Cindy J Angel
12-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Thinks GF's Yes I do feel better now. and plan to move forward. No my friend was not tg just a good friend. I will be seeing the therp on Jan 3 and I hope to be talking about my tran. plans. will let aver one know thinks again love cindy