PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip out, ended in a bit of a letdown

katssun
12-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Got all dressed up: Skinny jeans, 4-inch heels, a comfy tee, makeup, wig, cloth hairband, the works. Topped it off with a fur-hooded parka (because it is cold out!) and set off to get the mail.

Usually, there are always cars passing by when I go to get it. This time...nothing. Not a peep on the street.

Kinda ruined the fun of the whole plan.

Anyone else have a disappointing outing recently, all dolled up?

AllieSF
12-26-2013, 03:58 PM
No, not really. However, why not take that look to a mall, a casual restaurant or some other place? The heels could easily be replaced by a pair of boots or booties, or even flats. So many options. Good luck and enjoy.

Cheryl T
12-26-2013, 04:05 PM
If at first you don't succeed....just get dressed and do it again.

Eryn
12-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Pilots have a saying "A good landing is one where you can walk away. A great landing is when you can use the airplane again!"

From the CD perspective, you did fine and walked away. If you want to be around more people perhaps it is time to hit the after-christmas sales?

Amberhea
12-26-2013, 05:19 PM
I haven't been out dressed except for one late night on the porch but did wear my red sparkly nail polish to the mall today. No one said a word but I did find myself being a bit self conscious about it. I guess if I would have been in girl mode I wouldn't have worried at all about it.

Beverley Sims
12-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Katssun,
It is that time of the year.
You appeared nice, so get off to the mall, more people there.

KristinTX
12-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Exciting to hear that you ventured out Kat. I'd encourage you to value every outing and take something positive away from the experience. I haven't been out in public in just over a year now and so miss the true freedom!

Your outfit sounded fun, so hopefully you'll get another round with it!

Wildaboutheels
12-29-2013, 04:27 AM
Kat, the fact that you were disappointed, SHOWS that you have reached that CDers line in the sand. You already KNOW what must be done. Take the bull by the horns and just do it. Chances are, you will never look back, once you do.