PDA

View Full Version : Using a public laundromat

hazelm
12-26-2013, 08:59 PM
I've maintained a stash of clothes for about a year now. The first month or so I faced a quandary. However shall I do my laundry? Without getting caught that is. To my surprise, I realized that the laundromat in my apartment complex is empty over the weekdays and at nights. I've been doing two loads of laundry for over a year now, boy clothes and girl clothes. I briefly even considered wearing my eskimo boots to it now that it is winter, but I wear those around the house to keep my feet toasty and I don't want icky stuff on them. Have any of you had similar experiences using public laundromats?

Rachael Leigh
12-26-2013, 09:25 PM
I did back when I was in the middle of a move I stayed at an apartment for about two months. I bought some sleep wear and panties. My wife was back in the other town so I was able to sleep femmy every night.
So I would use the the laundry mat at the apartment and wash all my pretty things every time

Ineke Vashon
12-26-2013, 09:47 PM
A little white lie might work here: "my girlfriend is sick and I'm doing some of her laundry." End of discussion.

Ineke

Desirae
12-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Just watch mixing any of your whites with any reds or you'll end up with some pinks. And then you might have some real explaining to do. Personally, never had to use a laundromat, at least not for any clothing. I've taken some large comforters there a few times because of the larger washing machines. I've also taken a garbage bag full of dirty, oily rags to the laundromat instead of using my washer. I know, me bad.

lingerieLiz
12-26-2013, 09:56 PM
I used apartment laundromats as well as public from the 60s on. It is very simple you go put the clothes in and wash, dry and fold them. I washed the lingerie separate laid the bras in the basket then dried my panties, slips and nightgowns. Same for the fem outer clothes. Several times I didn't have any guy clothes to wash and no one said anything. Even struck up conversations with a couple of girls that looked interesting.

Why would you worry about what you washed?

Jilmac
12-26-2013, 10:59 PM
When I became separated from my first wife in 1979, I moved into an apartment building which had four units but no laundry facilities. I had to use a laundromat located in a mall about four blocks from my house. It was a 24 hour laundromat but always seemed to be busy no matter what time of the day it was. I would do my guy and girl clothes at the same time. I always washed my bras by hand at home and hung them on a drying rack, but panties, slips, camis, and outer clothes were machine and dried washed as needed. One time as I was folding my panties a GG asked me if I always did my wife's underwear, and I told her that the panties were mine and I was doing them for myself. When a load containing some denim skirts and cotton tops was dry she helped me fold or hang them, and even offered to come to my apartment to iron the ones that needed ironing. I declined the offer, but thinking back it may have turned out to be a lasting friendship had I accepted.

Beverley Sims
12-27-2013, 09:31 AM
There are no worries here, a lot of guys do their So's washing, just use two machines if need be.

MsRenee
12-27-2013, 09:43 AM
I find it quicker and much easier to do it at a laundrymat as you can do all the washing n drying at the same time
Dont have to wait for one load to finish tk start another.
Not realy worried about what others think as I go there dressed and do both heres n mines at the same time.
Hugs
Renee

ClaireTaylor
12-27-2013, 10:39 AM
When my washing machine broke down I ended up using the laundrette for a while. No matter how I bundled up my underwear inside other clothes, a bra or two always found its way to the front of the washing machine to broadcast (or bracast) its presence to anyone looking. I bought myself a lingerie bag and put it inside a pillow case, which worked fine.

FemmeElastique
12-27-2013, 01:47 PM
LOL!

I actually just did laundry earlier this week at a public laundromat. I'm having a problem with the washing machine in my apt.
The vast majority of my clothes are mens clothes. The only womens clothes I had were 2 dresses and a fishnet body cover thing. LOL!! When I entered the laundromat, no one was there. As soon as my load finished, 3 or 4 people came in with clothes, and 2 of those people went straight to the dryers, which is where I was going. So, I had to get all my clothes out the washer and head to the dryer, and try to be as discreet as I can about the fishnet dress. I was able to keep all my clothes together with nothing falling out.

And actually, my biggest embarrassment wouldn't really be my female clothes, but my underwear! I didn't want anyone to see my mens underwear or them to fall out the basket during the washer/dryer transfer. LOL

There are no worries here, a lot of guys do their So's washing, just use two machines if need be.

Bev, I was just about to say the same thing. If I saw a man doing laundry, and some of the clothes were women's clothes, i'd assume that it's his wife or girlfriend's clothes, not his.

Karren H
12-27-2013, 01:53 PM
You mean your supposed to wash them? damn.... missed that email....

hazelm
12-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Lol. Karren, girl clothes are different from boy clothes. You can't just keep wearing them if they smell ok.

reb.femme
12-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Fortunately, I have no similar experiences, but I can happily inform all here that the Elves that helped the Shoemaker many years ago, have found a new occupation.

If I put all my used drab and femme items in the laundry basket at home, within a couple of days they reappear upstairs nicely washed and ironed. It's a miracle to behold but I've never discussed this with my wife. Oh....I'm ducking the thrown rocks already.
:TamaraCroft:

Rebecca

Karren H
12-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Lol. Karren, girl clothes are different from boy clothes. You can't just keep wearing them if they smell ok.

Wasn't that why they invented perfume?? lol

JamieQ
12-27-2013, 06:52 PM
I wash my womens clothes periodically at a laundromat. Quicker than doing one load at a time at home. I think now a days with "both" working that many men may do the laundry at times. I think we worry too much about alot of stuff. Most people are so wrapped up in their own little world they do not even notice...

Lori Kurtz
12-27-2013, 08:20 PM
For the many years of my second marriage, I didn't dress up at all (and still haven't started up again, by the way). I often did our laundry in a laundromat, and--wonder of wonders--nobody ever looked closely at the things I was putting in our taking out of the machines, or transferring from washer to dryer. Nobody ever said, "Hey, you're a man, and some of the stuff you're washing is women's clothes. You must be weird or something." Back before I married her, and when I was still dressing up, I guess I had some of the same paranoia about "getting caught." But come on, girls ... if you're not obviously wearing panties and a bra, nobody is likely to notice, and even if they do, they probably will assume the girly stuff belongs to the girly person you live with. And the punch line to that little sermonette is, they'll be absolutely correct, even if the girly person you live with is yourself.

julia marie
12-27-2013, 09:47 PM
A public laundramat? At various times during 30 years of marriage, like when the home washer or dryer was dead, I had to use laundramats. (Laundry isn't just a girl's job). I don't recall anyone noticing that there were bras, panties, baby clothes, or anything else that was "unmale" in what I was washing, drying or sorting.

Cindy CA
12-27-2013, 10:29 PM
I never really had any problem with it. The one I usually go to is in a heavy Hispanic neighborhood and I don't speak Spanish, so if anyone was saying anything about it, I never knew. (Aww, ignorance is bliss.)

lingerieLiz
12-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Actually the one interesting conversation was when I took a dress to the dry cleaners that I was using on a regular basis. When I picked up my clothes the gal asked if the dress was mine because I had never brought in women's clothes before and she thought they had messed up. I didn't feel like sharing my life story so when she asked if I was married I told the truth and said yes. End of discussion.