PDA

View Full Version : Your Reflection

Aly Cat
12-26-2013, 09:14 PM
So i have found that whenever i am done up and dressed to the 9s, i always spend most of my time in front of the mirror reflecting on my appearance, what can be done to improve it, and just enjoying...well...my reflection.
I cant be the only one who does this?? How about it? Anyone else in the same boat as me?

AmyGaleRT
12-26-2013, 09:16 PM
I think a lot of us do that, Eva. Sometimes, if I have good music playing, after I'm fully dressed, I'll dance in front of the mirror for a bit, feeling the joys of being a girl. :)

- Amy

WandaRae2009
12-26-2013, 09:55 PM
If I am working at home and fully dressed I will put a mirror on the desk. Is that vain or what. So you are not alone. I want to soak in all that work, since I don't get the opportunity that often. Could be why we have the desire to take so many pics as well.

MayaMe
12-26-2013, 10:26 PM
I really only like to look at myself in mirrors when I'm dressed. All other time I try to avoid my reflection. The same thing goes for photos.

Aly Cat
12-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Yeah, last night I was looking for an outfit to wear to my ex brother in laws house on the 28th since he said hes looking forward to seeing me as Eva and his wife is excited too. Of course, the womanly thing to do is go...OMG what am I going to wear?!?! So after I found exactly what I wanted to wear, I spent like the next hour and a half standing in front of the mirror making little changes to my hair, checking my makeup, just looking at myself and how happy I appeared in my reflection. I would literally look at myself smiling back and know that this is in fact what I really want for my life. No if ands or buts about it. Its both exciting and thrilling and I seriously cant wait to spend my life like this.......though I wont be spending my life in front of a mirror ;)

lingerieLiz
12-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I think most of us do a lot of looking. We don't have the experience of GGs in knowing how things look. I spent about an hour the other day going through sweaters and outfits trying to figure which bras worked with what. I know young girls do it too. Eventually GGs figure out how things work from experience. Sometime though even my wife goes through several combinations before deciding what looks right.

Rachael Leigh
12-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Without a doubt looking in the mirror after being dressed is important to me, I even do the looking as I undress looking at my bra and panties and how great they look. I think this is why I so enjoy taking my pictures and showing you fine ladies.
I know I can't measure up to a real GG or even some of the beautiful girls I see here but it's fun to look.

Jessica giovanna
12-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Yes, I do check myself out on a constant basis....it has been reported that one of the primary issues with cross dressers is that the majority of us are very narcissistic. It just works that way.. Oh wait...is that a mirror? Hold on......
Ms. G.

Valarie
12-26-2013, 11:54 PM
I do, I think we all do. The first time my wife did my makeup I stared at myself for what seemed a life time. It's hard to look at my self in male mode.

Camille15
12-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Ditto here. I wouldn't be as excited to dress if I didn't have a mirror.

Camille

Aly Cat
12-27-2013, 12:24 AM
It's hard to look at my self in male mode.

I agree. When I wash all the makeup off before going to bed, I look back in the mirror and just see a drab guy. Its no fun. I wish I was still able to see a woman when I washed off the makeup and put the wig away. My hair is growing more and more though and hopefully after around a year of hormones, Ill see a difference in the way I look. Looking at videos where people take a picture a week over the course of like 2-3 years on hormones, I notice a decent change in face shape around the 8-10 month mark or so and then again at around 18 months. This is on people who did not go through FFS. Patience is a virtue Ive never really been good at though. I guess Ill just have to wear my makeup for now and when the time comes, Ill get my wish.

PaulaQ
12-27-2013, 12:35 AM
I don't, and never have spent much time in front of the mirror. Even when I was sure I was "just a CD". I use a mirror to get dressed, apply makeup, and check it. Otherwise I hate mirrors. Fully made up, the masculine features I have bleed through and bother me. Without makeup, I see the face of death look back at me in the mirror.

Its a little better now that I have a hair system rather than a wig. It was incredibly distressing to see myself without hair or makeup.

My gender dysphoria about my face is pretty severe, it seems.

mfggurl
12-27-2013, 12:36 AM
I do it too. I don't avoid my reflection in male mode, but to see the differences that just a wig makes, wow.

KaceyR
12-27-2013, 12:52 AM
I keep logically thinking that eventually I may not do as much mirroring once I get more things down.. (Way too new with makeup,etc).. But then another part of me thinks, "who am I kidding" :)
It's always neat and amazing to see such differences. In fact, I'm planning on picking up a couple more mirrors for the place :)
Kacey demands it :)

Lynn Marie
12-27-2013, 04:24 AM
I, too, enjoy my own presentation. I enjoy it more when out and about looking good. Not all that easy for an old broad!

laciewhite
12-27-2013, 05:16 AM
if i'm just having a 'quickie' (ie, just wearing the clothes) i won't look in the mirror at all..i hate seeing my male face in the mirror with the female clothing..it just looks horrible.

but if i'm in full make-up, with wig, and freshly shaved i literally cannot keep away from the mirror! i like to pose like a glamor model and do naughty things to myself which i wont go into here.

CarlaWestin
12-27-2013, 05:30 AM
There's a full length mirror in the house where I can watch Carla turn the corner and approach down a long hallway and into the guest bedroom. I always get plenty of HD video when I'm pretty. It's all part of the life and I love it!

Traceyjo
12-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Oh yes Eva Lynn. When I'm dressed I am constantly going to the mirrors in my house and loving what I see. It's something that brings me great pleasure and satisfaction.

Marcelle
12-27-2013, 06:42 AM
I normally just use the mirror to check my presentation before going out to make sure nothing is too askew. Other than that, it is just to apply make-up.

Hugs

Isha

Karen__Starr
12-27-2013, 07:16 AM
I try to avoid looking in a mirror else I may want to change into a different outfit as I am constantly thinking things like should have worn boots, highs, a different blouse etc.

Sarah Beth
12-27-2013, 07:29 AM
I never end up liking how my face looks so I don't look in the mirror I just enjoy the feeling of what I have on

Karren H
12-27-2013, 08:27 AM
I admit it.... I'm so vain... (you probably think this song is about you....)... but it doesn't matter what I'm wearing.... I'm always looking at my reflection to see if I'm looking good! Which I usually am! lol

Beverley Sims
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Like the lady who posted before me, I gotta look good any time.

I'm more vein than vain, or is that vane. :)

Katey888
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Eva, you're definitely not alone! The mirror is the portal into that other world that Katey exists in - it's an integral part of the dressing, makeup, walking, etc. Yes, I think we're all terminally narcissistic... but, hey, who else is going to appreciate me the way I do... :devil:
Katey x

Amanda M
12-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Putting it simply, I like my female reflection -quarter of a pound of foundation takes years off me!

Adeline
12-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Yep, my entire house is a hall of mirrors.
Plus about 50 'selfies' a day!

A x

Dani0948
12-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Not really into the mirror too much. Once I'm dressed it's all about how I feel. And looking at myself without the mirror.

reb.femme
12-27-2013, 03:08 PM
I have to admit that I am reasonably vain in all modes but prefer my femme look, if completely honest.

Rebecca

Crissy Kay
12-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes, I spend a lot of time looking in the mirror too. But I do have to adjust my petticoats so they look just right!!

Hell on Heels
12-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Lots of mirror time here also. I've got to admit, I'm quite fond of the way I look while dressed.
But I"m the perfectionist type and am looking to see that everything looks right ,or trying to improve
on what I've done.
Vanity is ruthless.
Kristyn

JessicaKasey
12-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Most of my time is used in front of the mirror. There's something about seeing that girl you created looking back at you and being all sexy. Not just the mirror but film and photography too! These are amazing creative devices that can have you looking incredible! You only have to look at my avatar and profile pics to see that this is where my strengths are.

Stephanie47
12-27-2013, 07:54 PM
I stay away from any mirror. Getting up close and personal reveals the true gender identity. I have a full length mirror that works just fine from a distance. At twenty feet I'm passable from the neck down as long as there is no other human next to me to remind me of my six foot height and 190 pounds.

Kate Simmons
12-27-2013, 09:14 PM
CI (continuous improvement) is always in the back of my mind. Although, I don't dote On the image in the mirror for long. I just do the look, snap a pic and study the pic. Then I can do it any time. :battingeyelashes::)

NicoleScott
12-27-2013, 10:08 PM
The mirror is that magic glass, on one side is the girl who makes up and dresses for the guy on the other side. She always knows what he likes, and he always appreciates her efforts to please him. So connected are their brains, it's as if they are one person.

Katy120
12-27-2013, 10:19 PM
In male mode I rarely check my image save for shaving. In female mode the mirror is the essential best friend but also greatest enemy at the same time.

AlanaG
12-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Sounds like I'm alone but no mirror for me, other than to see if new clothes fit ok. I'm an ugly guy and would make an uglier woman. Seeing myself in a mirror ruins the "feeling pretty" illusion. I like how the silky satiny clothes feel. I love having my legs encased in pantyhose. I love the feeling of a skirt moving as I move. I love the feel of high heels and the sound they make. And most importantly I love the "thinking" the "feeling" that I am pretty. A mirror ruins it for me.

docrobbysherry
12-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Usually not. Because I,m nearsited, the babe in the mirror appears to be the hottest woman on the planet. Then, I look at my photos later to see what I REALLY looked like. And see where I need to do better next time.