PDA

View Full Version : It has to be a once in a while thing.

Alice Torn
12-26-2013, 10:00 PM
I know for many of you, dressing is a daily, or fulltime, or nearly fulltime thing. And, for others, it is once a week, or once a month. Each person is different, that is for sure, and that is good. If all were alike, it would go crazy. For me, it has been a once ina while thing. And, since i have an old car, that takes tons of work, I don't dress so often. I also suffer from lifetime depression, and now have physical infirmities. Aster three months working on the car, and doing other physical work, my back is in bad shape, lots of severe pain. My right knee get messed up, too, and i cannot wear high heels. I am not planning on purging at all, except to give away a few items i don't want, or need. I hope to get back into better physical shape. The mental illness,depression or bipolar is a lifetime challenge. I used to play a lot of basketball, softball, ice skate, and roller skate, and a little football. Still fish a lot, read history, and listen to great music, and some talk radio, and watch old time TV.I do not want crossdressing to take over my life. I have enough baggage, to deal with. For you, who don't have severe depression and biploar, or other mental illness, this may not seem like a big problem. I love my dresses, shoes, wigs, skirts, tops, hose, and purses. I enjoy when i do let go, and dress up, and take good photos and videos! But, for me, it has to be a once in a while thing. I won't be dressing for some time, as my back, and knee, are too sore to do it. I hope to spend more time with othe interests, and become balanced. This si just me, not anyone else here. Just sharing. Good day.

Jilmac
12-26-2013, 10:40 PM
For me, dressing is much more than once in a while, I dress as often as i can. but I also incorporate my dressing into my many other interests. I will probably continue my routine as long as my health permits, but I'm a senior citizen who has had my share of mishaps causing aches and pains. If I get to the point where illness or disability effects my life, then and only then will my dressing become a once in a while event.

gautier_nikolai
12-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi Alice.Thanks for sharing.

I feel the same as you sometimes, including recently.

I suffer from diagnosed OCD and have managed to beat most of the severe symptoms of it but find that when anything predominates in life too much and life gets out of balance it can easily lead to problems and exhaustion.

Too much of anything even a good thing can get wearing.

I hope you still come here to hang out and post if you feel like it and your back etc.. heals up soon.The time out will soon be occupied with your finding your love and passion for your other interests and pastimes.

Alice Torn
12-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks Jilmac, and thanks Gautier. There are many areas of our lives. And sometimes, and eventually for all, the body wears down, and some of us, the mind, too.

Brenda79135
12-27-2013, 05:37 AM
You may want to reconsider some of the stuff you can wear. After 3 knee operations, I find a pair of leggings on after rubbing in muscle/ointment rub is just as good as an Ace Bandage. They also keep from getting the ointment on other things like furniture and the bed. A waist cincher helps with my back as good as any back brace.

Brenda

PaulaQ
12-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi Alice, in some respects, your post reminds me of the things alcoholics say while they are still in denial:
- "I'll cut down my drinking"
- "I won't drink vodka anymore, just wine"
- "I'll only drink on the weekend"
Etc.

These ideas never work. It is my belief that we are as powerless over our gender as an alcoholic is over drink. The key difference is that unlike alcohol, abstinence makes gender issues worse. Therefore, all we can do is accept them, and find ways to adapt in our daily lives.

I do hope you can find peace and acceptance for this part of yourself.

Katey888
12-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Alice, I think I'm with you on this one. I don't think it will ever be an all day, every day thing for me and I know I've been through long periods without, only to come back with gusto. But why not? If it doesn't take over and rule or ruin your other life but it works for you, isn't that all that matters? Harmony isa desirable thing in life, so good for you :cool:
Kateyx

Beverley Sims
12-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Alice,
I say you are doing well, you identify with the problems you have and therefore have the strength to deal with them.
Talking is good therapy also, so, don't fall into the well of loneliness and.......

Keep your chin up..:)
My thoughts are with you.

Alice Torn
12-27-2013, 02:09 PM
PaulaQ, I empathize where you are coming from. You have been through hell the past year, and are in transition, too. Looking like a lady, too! We are all different, whether male, female, cd, non cd, ts, gay, asexual, whatever. So, we are all different is some ways. Some can quit drinking, but the desire may still be there. Some can stop dressing, but will still have some desire, even if they replace it with other dear hobbies. I am a believer in miracles, but also realisitc. I am not purging, or totally quitting. I have paranoya, and depression, and bipolar, and nervous disorder. The isolation can bring me to the big sleep, and i am not going to let it. Most dressers don't have the baggage, and disorders i have, and handle it somewhat better. I actually want to return to church after 5 years, and go to 12 step meetings, and if my back and neck, and knee can handle it, go swimming, fishing, play a little basketball, and other sports again. That is just me, no one else on here. Each of us is a different book. We all gotta do what we gotta do, in our own individual case, and battle. Thanks for sharing.

Julia Welch
12-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Alice, the first step in dealing with a problem is realizing you have one, which you have done.

I hope things improve for you in 2014.