PDA

View Full Version : Going to a whole differnt world "en femme"

Marcelle
12-27-2013, 05:42 PM
So, I have been out exploring the world around me as Isha which this week included an inaugural bus ride on the city transit. To date, I have been to various malls, restaurants, Starbucks, the liquor store and grocery stores. However, today I wanted to go someplace where Isha has never been but "guy me" has . . . before anyone says "the guys change room at the gym" . . . no and shame on you . . . Isha after all is a lady :battingeyelashes:

I am doing a bathroom renovation while on holidays and as such need to get a new toilet, tiles and other stuff. So I thought why not go to Home Depot "en femme" and get this stuff. Now while I will be the first to admit this is not a guys only place (plenty of GGs go there) for a CDer, this was one of those daunting stores I did not see myself venturing to "en femme"

So I got in the SUV and headed to the city, pulled into Home Depot and walked in. Of course I ended walking smack dab into a load of contractors waiting around for their stuff to come in. There was some awkward stares (not sure if I was getting checked out) but it was awkward with a capital "A". Interaction with the SAs at the plumbing fixtures and flooring departments were interesting but once they realized I was not crazy they relaxed and we conducted our business. I put the toilet and tiles on the cart, paid and headed out to the loading area.

This is where it gets weird. I left my cart long enough to pull up my SUV and began loading the tiles. At that moment, from the same group of contractors standing around earlier, three guys came over and said "we'll give you a hand miss" and loaded my SUV. :eek:

Now I am going to walk away from this believing that was an example of the kind spirit of human nature (I am sure they knew I was not a really a girl). But I have to admit . . . it was whole different world at the good old Home Deport for Isha today.

Hugs

Isha

Chloe75
12-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Great story, Isha! I have often wondered what going to some of my regular places would be like en femme. I always wonder if people know that I am a guy or if I really pass as a woman. I'm hoping the latter. Take care!

Lorileah
12-27-2013, 05:52 PM
chivalry is not dead. it was very nice pf them to do that

NathalieX66
12-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Hey, that's not so bad. Actually that's great!

I honestly think this is all easier than you...me...we think.

My face is too well known at my local HD, and I typically keep a five mile radius from home of off-limits girl self, however maybe I ought to rethink this whole thing. Geez, what am I worried about? I pretty much dress female everywhere else.

And even now, I typically walk into my near home Home Depot wearing earrings and a plastic C-band hair band for my hair, and sometimes get stares. Maybe because the rest of me is dressed as a guy. Maybe I should just go dressed in black leggings and boots, which will probably solve the problem. OK, done. I'll do it. :battingeyelashes:

Marcelle
12-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi Lorileah,

I agree. They definitely knew I was a guy and that is what really blew me away. I thought for sure I would get the razing of my life from these guys and they turned out to be some of better behaved folks I've run into.

Isha

strugl
12-27-2013, 05:55 PM
That's awesome! I'm hoping that I will, at some point, experience how it is to have the attention of a guy while cd.

Hell on Heels
12-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Way to go Isha, I've done the opposite many times.
Gone some place en-femme, and revisited in drab mode.
It feels a bit strange, and can only imagine your experience
at Home Depot, I'm not that brave--Yet.
Hows the remodel going? Heels and hammers sounds like fun.
Much Love,
Kristyn

STACY B
12-27-2013, 06:15 PM
There are LOTS of us out there remember ,, Maybe they were some of our own in there drab mode ?

Valarie
12-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Wow Isha that must have been pretty intense, but you handled yourself like a true lady. ;)

Allison_Leslie
12-27-2013, 06:26 PM
that's a great story Isha!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! WOW!

Jaylyn
12-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Now let me ask a question are you gonna install the toilet en femme? Oh no don't break a nail.....lol

PretzelGirl
12-27-2013, 07:11 PM
I will go with two things on this. It is a combination of your good looks and presentation and that there are still gentlemen out there in the world.

Beverley Sims
12-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Isha,
The home depot could be interesting, as you may be treated like a woman.
The color and the style is what they will sell you, not the practicalities of the device.

I will be interested to see how you fare with the sales people there. :)

OK! I was blind and did not read the post properly.
Now to get it fitted properly.

Lori Kurtz
12-27-2013, 08:07 PM
What a lovely story. How can you be sure they knew you weren't really a girl? But whether they did or didn't, it had to be a gratifying experience for you. Either way, it was a moment of simple human kindness, and that has to feel good.

julia marie
12-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Isha. Great story. Thinking too much here, but I wonder if a couple of those guys might have been members of this site. Just a thought.

Julie Gaum
12-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Isha, on your second post you wrote that "they definitely knew you to be a guy". What changed you mind? I went to HD a few weeks ago to purchase light bulbs, have keys made and a few other things --- treated with "m'am" and similar words of respect. True I wasn't buying lumber or such but no second looks. If I were to tell them that I once worked at a HD designing kitchens and bathrooms for a living that wouldn't be a reveal as half of the other designers were GGs at the time.
Yep, I also got fired after, among other things, not allowing them to cheat an immigrant customer who didn't speak much English and wanted his kitchen installed.
My experience of their general attude towards customers is very negative but that's another story. Like Loews better.
Julie

Ms. Laura
12-27-2013, 11:37 PM
I read your stories and think, you're just awesome.

lingerieLiz
12-27-2013, 11:41 PM
I was in a Home Depot last year and noticed a tall TG person nicely dressed and in heals come in. She looked like she came from an office job. Could hear her heals as she went down the aisle. No one made any remarks or anything. Maybe we all should hang out there more. I've been in many times wearing all fem clothes and never had an issue.

PaulaQ
12-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Congrats Isha. I'm quite sure they saw you as a woman. People see what they expect to see, and you present well hon !

Marcelle
12-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi all,

Thanks much for your responses. Yes it definitely was an interesting experience and I never thought that perhaps they could have been CDers as well . . . hmmm :)

Now I have been helped by other dudes before when loading up heavy items but it was the genuine "we'll help you with that miss" which floored me. They had to know I was a guy in women's clothing but they were magnanimous about it regardless . . . that just validates that you can never really tell. Looking at these guys, big, work boots, beards, dusty . . . I would have thought confrontation or at the least "ridicule" but all I got was kindness. Very nice indeed.

Now let me ask a question are you gonna install the toilet en femme? Oh no don't break a nail.....lol

Hey Jaylyn . . . Nope the last time I tried some repairs around the house "en femme" I heard my wife chuckling. When I asked her what was so funny, she said, "I always thought it was cute when your boxers showed above your jeans when bending over, but lacy pink panties showing above your jeans is just too adorable" :o.

Hugs all

Isha

kimdl93
12-28-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm pretty sure the believed you were a woman. If they thought otherwise they wouldn't have offered help. Btw, I have worked out en femme at my local gym several times without incident.

josrphine
12-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Hummm, I am a contractor too, so this is interesting, what did you wear an did you have heels on. Just curious. JO

Marcelle
12-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi JO,

Nope, just skinny jeans, calf length boots, sweater and a hooded jacket vest. Very much the way I am dressed in the photos of this post.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?203944-Trying-out-a-cold-weather-look-Honest-Opinion-time-again&highlight=

Hugs

Isha

iGenny
12-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Great story! Here's my guess as to their side of it - one of them said to the others, "is that a guy?" The others weren't sure. So they treated you as they would treat a woman because that's how you presented yourself. And because they wanted a closer look and yet wanted to be respectful about it, they offered to help. They made their decision (you said they knew) and left. The best news is they remained respectful.

carhill2mn
12-28-2013, 12:57 PM
You have just experienced one of the great things of being out and about en femme!

I have been to Home Depot (and other similar stores) many times en femme. My experiences have been that the employees have gone out of their way to be helpful to an "old lady" (grin). That is one of the things that I enjoy about being in public en femme.

stephNE
12-28-2013, 03:07 PM
...Heels and hammers sounds like fun....

"Heels and Hammers" - that would be a great name for a new construction company. We can all show up en femme and fix things around their house. I'll bet we'd have lots of customers. Kinda like the T-girl that sells Tupperware.

Marcelle
12-28-2013, 04:47 PM
LOL . . . just so long as we don't wear low ride jeans and show too much in the undies department . . . it could work. :)

Hugs

Isha

FemmeElastique
12-28-2013, 05:50 PM
This is one of the things I like about CDing. People look at and treat men and women differently. I remember having experiences like men would open doors for me, let me step off the elevator first, just little things like that. It's really nice!

Hi Lorileah,

I agree. They definitely knew I was a guy and that is what really blew me away. I thought for sure I would get the razing of my life from these guys and they turned out to be some of better behaved folks I've run into.

Isha

One thing I've learned and experienced from going out in public en femme is that most people are civilized and normal, and will treat you like another person.

Katey888
12-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Dear Isha - this is a great story (read it earlier but didn't have a chance to comment until now). You take everything in your stride and exude grace and humour when recounting these experiences. I have to say I'm looking forward to the next one... they are sooo inspirational! Your confidence must be in orbit now - well done you! :cheer:
Katey x

Leslie Langford
12-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Kudos on challenging yourself this way, Isha, but ya gotta admit - a lady wearing a skirt, stilettos, and immaculate make up is bound to attract some kind of attention at Home Depot when wheeling around a toilet in a shopping cart...;) :doh: :eek: :heehee:

I've been doing the same kind of thing myself lately to push my personal envelope, and to emerge from my normal comfort zone. It really is great fun.

That said, I'll "see" your trip to Home Depot en femme and "raise" you a visit to the National Women's Show that is held in Toronto every November (done that twice, actually) as well as the Designer Shoe Warehouse Sale that takes place here a couple of times a year.

Wall-to-wall GG's in both cases, and they probably outnumber the poor "regular" male schmucks that some of them drag along to these events by a ratio of about 1000-to-1.

Love, love, love being immersed in this type of sea of femininity, and never, ever had a problem there - even when using the ladies' restroom... :daydreaming: :heehee: ;)

trishacd
12-29-2013, 02:44 PM
I go out in womans jeans hose and buy my fem clothes,i buy quite a few pairs of woans shoes and try e on.it exites me to no end doing tis. Ive tried on dresses wigs ect. I. Am trying to get up enough courage for a makeover.i think about dressing all the time.i couldnt give it up because i love doing it.
Trisha