PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about it.

Micayla
12-27-2013, 10:09 PM
I have been getting pedicures from a local salon and in conversation mentioned a skirt I was thinking of purchasing.Kelly my regular tech said she would be thrilled to have me come in wearing it.I have been dressing in womens jeans and a black sheer blouse with a cami underneath and have been acceptted by all the staff even though I still have a goatee and are obviously male.The skirt is so cute a faux leopard print from addition-elle.I have not bought it yet but tried it on the week before xmas and the s/a who was helping me said she was shocked at how well I could pull off the skirt( yes she asked if I would model for her).So yes I am really thinking about it!
Micayla

AlanaG
12-28-2013, 12:00 AM
I'd say go for it. Show us a pic too.

docrobbysherry
12-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Love girls with the nerve of a burgler! I have a gotee and wouldn,t consider going anywhere out dressed with it. But, I,m a wimp. Go for it.

Beverley Sims
12-28-2013, 02:32 AM
Micalya,
Do it, when people invite you to dress do so it is so enjoyable showing yourself off.

Marcelle
12-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi Micayla,

You are obviously comfortable with yourself sooooo . . . I say go for it.

Hugs

Isha

Jamie Lynn
12-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Think no more, Micayla! Show the world your beauty! And that includes us! :D

kellibra
12-28-2013, 12:33 PM
micayla, i say go for it. it takes courage but if your nailtech is accepting there is nothing holding you back.
mine is very friendly and non-judgemental. i only see her in the cooler months when i have regular pedis. for the first few visits, i was always wearing slacks but i did come in with knee-highs and low heeled pumps that i changed into just before entering the nail salon. she never blinked an eye. even told me how nice and soft my skin is.
last year, i asked her if i could come in wearing a skirt for a mani. she said of course! when the time came, my heart was racing. i wore my skirt under my slacks and simply removed them before getting there. i walked in with wearing a knee high skirt (actually just above the knees), suntan pantyhose and 4” heels. it was just after opening so there was no one else yet… then a couple of women showed up as i was getting my nails done in a bright pink (i had a ‘date’ that afternoon and wanted to look feminine) so i had to 'woman-up’, as it were, as i had to walk to the drying station and then out. i took my time walking slowly and deliberately as i couldn’t care less what others thought.
the experience was so feminine. hard to describe but i felt like a normal woman just taking care of herself. love to do it whenever i can. once you do it, you can’t help but do it again. it is a safe haven where you can be yourself surrounded by others like you.
celebrate your womanhood and go for it!

Katey888
12-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Micayla - I'll keep it unanimous and say 'YES' - it'd be rude to turn down an invitation, anyway... make Kelly's year! :cheer:
Katey x

stephNE
12-28-2013, 03:01 PM
I think this will be a great opportunity, and you will have so much fun you will remember it for quite a while.

Desirae
12-28-2013, 09:00 PM
I wear a goatee and a mustache from time to time. However, when I dress, I have a need to shave them both off. I don't think I could go out enfemme in public with facial hair. I think that would take a remarkably brave, completely at ease with yourself, kind of person. More power to you if you can do that. I say go for it and enjoy.

NathalieX66
12-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Micayla, that's sounds awesome!
A few months ago, I wore a dress and black leggings & boots at a nail salon, and the girl at the nail salon complimented at how pretty my dress was. I say go for it!

We are living in a new day and age, and I say "be like Rosa Parks and just do it".

strugl
12-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Def. go for it! The fact that your tech said do it and everyone there knows and is ok with everything is great. Use that support to build confidence

MissTee
12-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I see no harm in going to a place you likely know you'll be accepted at. Sounds like you have a friend there who would make it a pleasant event, too. Go and enjoy yourself.