PDA

View Full Version : Transformative Power

Katy120
12-28-2013, 08:46 AM
In the beginning cross dressing was simply a matter of putting women's clothing over your skin and makeup on your skin. Somehow at some point in time cross dressing gets under your skin and becomes a part of you. (It could, of course, be the other way round and the under your skin (the idea) leads to putting clothing over your skin.) Whatever way it is, cross dressing carries with it a transformative power that is difficult to understand and sometimes even to control.

I'm not sure if anything I've written makes any sense at all. Understanding CDing is like chasing the wind, but I keep trying.

Comments?

suchacutie
12-28-2013, 09:16 AM
For me, the clothes went on because of a bit of a joke between my wife and me. I only remained dressed for less than an hour that first time but the transformation that occurred in that time was staggering. It quickly got to the point that the mental transformation way very much ahead of the physical success at transforming and much of Tina's early time was spent trying to have the physical catch up to the mental. Now they both progress even as Tina is rather comfortable with herself, or better said, both of my gendered selves are comfortable co-existing. As a small example, I was in Target yesterday and happened by the hosiery aisle, stopped to look and recalled that Tina had put a run in a pair of thigh highs. It was even registered as odd in any way to look through the offerings and make a choice. It's now just who I am.

mykell
12-28-2013, 09:31 AM
its always been a part of me, was always under my skin, now with my acceptance of myself instead of the conflict of quilt and shame i have been embracing it and its "power" so i am CDing, CDing isn't doing me....

EllenJo
12-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Yes Katy it does get "under" your skin at some point, at least it did for me. My wife was the first to point out that I am calmer and more attentive when dressed. I am a caring person in either mode but I seem to stay more at ease when dressed. I do not lose my temper, I think a little differently. I feel female when dressed and over time it has carried over some traits when not dressed. My wife told me that she loves both me's. I don't know about anyone else but for me it is transformative.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

kimdl93
12-28-2013, 10:17 AM
For me the transformation occurred in stages, beginning with self acceptance. Even after accepting that it was OK to be transgendered, it took a while, several before i allowed myself the possibility that I might dress and present myself fully as a woman. Then it clicked... I finally realized I could do this and I began to see myself as more than a man in women's clothing.

5150 Girl
12-28-2013, 10:18 AM
For me it is, and always has been about manifesting who I am on the inside. Granted, I didn't always understand it quite that way. When I was little, all I knew was I like Mommy's things best.

Jenniferathome
12-28-2013, 10:57 AM
For me it has always been, "I am, therefore I dress," and not the other way around.

Kate Simmons
12-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Sometimes it helps the outside conform to the inside. :battingeyelashes::)

carhill2mn
12-28-2013, 12:50 PM
An interesting post! You say that you keep trying to understand crossdressing. I think that you already understand more than most people do. One does progress over time and with more experiences to something that is more of a total feminine experince and understanding; ie., a transformation.

It is not necessary to understand crossdressing; one can just enjoy the sensations and experiences!

Beverley Sims
12-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Well sort of, there is a transformation of the mind going on all the time.

Jaymees22
12-28-2013, 01:56 PM
I think it was first a small spark (the idea), then the action (dressing) and then the WOW what a feeling, I'm finally me! Jaymee

Adriana Moretti
12-28-2013, 02:00 PM
i dont try to understand it.. i just enjoy it ! LOL...everyone has different reasons ...but i dont think about why....whats important to me anyway is having fun with it

grace7777
12-28-2013, 03:10 PM
For me at first it was just about wearing the clothes. As I started CDing I found that I had the desire to be more feminine and that I wanted to go out presenting myself as a woman. Cding has allowed me to discover the person that I am.

Valarie
12-28-2013, 04:03 PM
It has taken several years and therapy for me to accept myself, and like others have said it was always there. I feel happier than I have ever felt before, mainly because my wife is accepting and I don't have to be in fear like when I was a kid. I think there is no right or wrong reason why we dress, and for many of us it just feels natural. I know for me as Lady Gaga says, "Baby I was born this way."

Katey888
12-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Interesting point, Katy, but doesn't it depend also on the underlying motivation of the Cder?
I've read enough now to know that many of us cross that spectrum from TG through to dressing for 'Fun' - isn't there a distinct difference between those who are driven to CD for the outward appearance that supports their need to be perceived as female (or some middle ground) and those who are pursuing relatively short term sexual gratification where the CDing is a means to an end? There also seems to be a difference in how some people perceive their female 'self' as a distinct entity - I can't say I feel that: I'm a complete individual that just happens to change appearance from time to time.
I'd agree wholeheartedly that it's difficult to understand and control - and personal experience seems to be that it progresses, sometimes, from fun to expression.
Be interesting what other fun dressers think...:daydreaming:
Katey x

robindee36
12-28-2013, 04:27 PM
The feelings have always been on the inside. Its the cloths (and all that girly stuff) that is the external expression of what's inside. At least that is how I feel about my dressing and femininity.

Hugs, Robin :bunny:

Marcelle
12-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi Katy,

I understand the transformative power that dressing bring. For me though it does not bring out a whole new person but a part of me that I cannot always express "en boy". I like taking the time to transform from boy me to Isha and it is quite a thrill to put my wig on and see her (intoxicating in a way). So is dressing a part of me . . . most definitely and I think in a way it always has been, I have just now realized I can do so.

Hugs

Isha

MsVal
12-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Can it also be a case of working toward agreement between one's feelings and one's appearance? As a 'guy' I am expected to talk, think, act, and dress as a guy. Flannel shirts and boots kind of guy, or suit and tie kind of a guy. That's okay, I have quite a few years of experience being a guy; it comes naturally. There are times though when I would sooner be a softer, gentler, kinder person. The kind of person that would not be out of place sitting on the story rug with a bunch of first grade kids. Someone that exudes patience and warmth. The kind of person that would be wearing a sweater and skirt rather than a suit and tie.

Jilmac
12-28-2013, 10:14 PM
I stopped chasing the wind years ago after it became an exersize in futility. Now I accept myself for who I am and always will be. I have come to believe that my desire to crossdress was pre-disposed at birth and any attempt to change would cause more anxiety than it's worth.

Jorja
12-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Whew, I saw the title to this post "Transformative Power" so I had to come see if there were rings that touched together and suddenly a blinding light, lighting bolts, thunder, and smoke clouds and tada...... CDs everywhere. :)

JessicaColeridge
01-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Totally agree with what Robin said :)