PDA

View Full Version : Does your CDing affects the way you dress as a man?

lindacrossed
12-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I think mine does. Recently I started to dress myself better and started to buy more and better designed male clothes. Somehow I connect it to my CDing.
Sometimes I feel that I am overdressed, but the same it gives me confidence.

How about you?

Kate Simmons
12-28-2013, 03:07 PM
How I dress as a guy has always had it's own degree of sharpness. :)

Crissy Kay
12-28-2013, 03:46 PM
No, I am still a slob in male mode.

Katey888
12-28-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure - I'm quite utilitarian in male mode; if it's jobs around the house, then it's suitably scruff; if it's formal business then it's a suit, tie and cuffies - and everything in between. With CD it can be whatever mood I'm in - if I'm trying to look good then it's smart elegant, if I'm just feeling trashy it's a minidress or miniskirt. I think my CD is more expressive because it can be, but if I was going out dressed, then it would have to be appropriate - I'm not that cheap and I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea... :o
I think as my makeup presentation has got better I've got more serious about the clothes - what does that mean? Perhaps it's just a reinforcement thing; as my overall look has improved then appropriate and classy clothes have to be in harmony.
Hmmm... one for pondering, methinks... :daydreaming:
Katey x

robindee36
12-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Casual male - sexy girl. Pretty simple, but I am just a simple girl ;)

Hugs, Robin :bunny:

Marcelle
12-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Not really . . . I have always been a jeans guy when going casual and I own a few suits. Work wise I am in the military and wear a uniform most days and for formal work functions mess kit. My CDing has not affected me in such a way that I would change my guy dressing - casual slob to military snazzy is the about how it stands.

Hugs

Isha

brassieres
12-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Personally I think that the reason that I was born a guy is because I'd be a slob dressing full time as a woman, lol! ;)

Actually, it does a little bit. In the past I've tried to get away with more feminine colors. I had a really light blue jacket with velcro cuffs on them in the early 90's. It was kinda fem then, but really looked feminine when it went out of style. I was in fact embarrassed to wear it as a man, because of this. I think that people that I didn't know questioned it too! :o

Adriana Moretti
12-28-2013, 05:25 PM
yes and no.......when i am in guy mode i honestly could care less about what i look like, so most days i am in sweat pants LOL...but if I actually DO put in some effort I have noticed exactly what you are saying.

gautier_nikolai
12-28-2013, 05:53 PM
I think so and I think it is because I can appreciate what better fit and tailored clothing is as a guy too now.

That and the fact more women tend to do casual get-up better I have learnt can be done with what you have: just spend a second considering how the colours of the individual clothing items go and not just throw whatever together like I used to.

I like to dress smart-casual en drab, although can feel like a bit of a fish out of water some places just like when out en femme in fact lol.

My confidence has improved since both though in just dressing how I want and knowing I have the confidence to deal with any sniggers or field any questions if needed be just through practice.I used to be much shyer and dressing better en drab and en femme has helped my self-confidence and self-assurance I feel.

I'm even called Sir quite often en drab now! lol

Erica Marie
12-28-2013, 06:01 PM
For me its the opposite. My male cloths affect my female dressing habits. In male mode I am very relaxed, as far from formal as possible. In female mode I am most comfortable in casual attire. Jeans, sweater and boots. Maybe its more my environment, being from a rural area it is just the way people around here dress. Not slobs but nowhere near formal.

Kate's at home
12-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Different approachs to differing universes. What they share is alot of black...always classic and timeless.

Kate

katssun
12-28-2013, 06:15 PM
To the point where I no longer keep a beard, it does.

Aside from that? Not at all.

heatherM
12-28-2013, 06:21 PM
I find myself looking for a more fem cut or brighter colors, I don't seem to be able to leave the house without shaving.
Jeans are 501s only, I have a fondness for polos and have many women's and no one ever notices the buttons or the collars, I wear no shows ( socks ) with colored bands on top.
All my drab clothes are high end casual and when I'm a slob its swishies and sweat pants.
Still got to shave.

Jennifer Kelly
12-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Nope. Guy self is still all about jeans and t-shirts. He cares about what's comfortable. Jennifer cares about what looks good. :)

valerieg
12-28-2013, 07:19 PM
As far as presentation is concerned, the answer is no. However, I stopped wearing dress socks about 15 years ago and only wear opaque tights now when not in slob mode. I also started wearing an anklet until about 3 years ago. I'd still wear it, but it broke and I'm too cheap to get it fixed again. Incidentally, the anklet was a Christmas gift from my wife.

Robin777
12-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Not much, Male mode- most of the time, jeans and t-shirts or sweat shirts. I have switched to women's jeans in male mode, except for work. They do fit better. Otherwise I am a slob. Female mode, I like to look nice. Once I strap those Boobs on my mindset changes.

Jamie Lynn
12-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Just the opposite........the way I dress in drab makes me want to dress nicer "en femme"! More variety all the way around!

NathalieX66
12-28-2013, 08:16 PM
My clothing always seems to lean to the color purple, no matter what gender I'm dressed. It is my favorite color. I wore a purple button down dress shirt and a purple tie at my office Christmas party, and had my hair in a bun.

I also typically have my toes painted metallic purple, as I do now.

I love female clothes in purple as well, and have plenty of items in my girl wardrobe that is some shade of purple.

I must sound neurotic to some people, but it's just my favorite color.

KristinTX
12-28-2013, 08:18 PM
It has influenced me to buy only women's jeans that I wear dressed in drab......overall, I feel out of place when dressing as a guy wishing I could flare it up with my fem style!

Beverley Sims
12-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Maybe,I think it has always influenced my choice of clothes

strugl
12-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Well, one thing that led me to realize i was a CDer was that i kept dressing better and better as a male and still never felt nice enough. So in a way, yes, even though it was not a direct result

Kagji
12-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Nope. As a man I wear jeans, work boots, basic t-shirts and a green denim jacket or a suit. It's been the same since I was 15

Mags
12-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Nope, I dress like a slob when in drab. If I look any sharper you would have to thank my SO for that.

CD Tammy
12-29-2013, 07:53 AM
I find my female attire changes the male clothing that I wear for a different reason. I almost always wear lingerie under my suits. I tend to pick clothing that works well with that.

rachael.davis
12-29-2013, 08:12 AM
when I'm just bouncing around I'm in jeans & a long sleeved henley - the chief difference is which side it buttons on On the other (sometimes nicely manacured) hand I'm a lot more adventuous in fit and color lately
Does wearing earrings in male mode count?

S. Lisa Smith
12-29-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't think so...

heatherdress
12-30-2013, 03:43 AM
I would have said no in the past. My wife, however, influenced changes. She compared how I dress as a female with how I dress as a male. She likes how I dress as a female and asked me to dress similarly as a male. She bought me new clothes for Christmas - tighter, form-fitting jeans, shirts. She suggested new footwear and a sexier style - like Heather's. I decided to comply - and actually bought some female clothing, shoes and boots with male-influenced styling. She loved the shoes and boots which have a male look but have 2 and 3 inch heels and are covered nicely with my new jeans and pants.

cdintraining25
12-30-2013, 03:45 AM
Nope, two different worlds for me.

Cheryl T
12-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Not at all. It's a uniform for work and jeans and t-shirt at home for drab.
My style only shines en femme.

MarisaRose.
12-30-2013, 10:18 AM
If you had asked me this 5 yrs ago I would have said 'no', but now I can truthfully say 'without a doubt'. Since getting my ears pierced, wearing an anklet (guy type), and wearing a bracelet daily now, I now look to make sure that I have all the appropriate guy bling on when in full guy mode. It also helps me with staying in touch with Marisa when not dressed en femme.

Kristina_nolagirl
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here. Of course I wear crappy clothes for working but when it's time to look decent, I take great pride in looking like a well dressed modern man. I get lots of "metrosexual" comments - but that does not bother me at all. Fashion interestes me - for men and women.

Jenni Yumiko
12-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Or vice versa for me.
I wear jeans tshirts and flannels as a guy except when I need to look clean.
As a female I wear jeans and tshirts :-)

LaraPeterson
12-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Nope, I still get my WalMart guy fix; it's cheap, works, and leaves more money for Lara's things.

MaryAnn40c
12-31-2013, 12:49 AM
Even in guy(so called mode) I wear women's jeans,in the winter ladies long underwear,bra nylons...

reflections-of
12-31-2013, 01:09 PM
It does for me. I have walked around with my nails painted, wearing makeup and what is considered female clothing and accessories. Of course that was in my younger days when I wore/dressed in goth attire, so it was accepted in the clubs/places I spent my days at.

CarissaM
12-31-2013, 03:03 PM
I always try to dress nice and presentable in either situation. However in CD mode I tend to dress-up fancy and don't have any casual female clothes.

joanna4
12-31-2013, 03:08 PM
I think so too, I do wear a lot of Forever 21 and G By Guess clothes. I tend to pick the more dressier type clothes that makes me feel overdressed sometimes.

Ciara Brianne
12-31-2013, 03:52 PM
I keep it casual in guy mode, dressed up is a nice pair of jeans and a t-shirt without any stains. lol. Most of the time I wear my work clothes. A lot of people have never seen me in clothes that didn't have permanent stains and/or paint on them. I am a dirt magnet. I usually ruin a new article of clothing the first time I wear it. I have noticed that my cding has led to me taking better care of my clothes in general. I have actually learned how NOT to ruin things the first time I wear them. :)

Ciara:<3:

Alice Torn
12-31-2013, 04:08 PM
Not really. I dress as a blue collar man, and wear a sport coat for special occasions. My guy dressing is the opposite of my lady dressing.

brassieres
01-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I recently acquired a light blue sweatshirt hoodie. While it isn't girly per say, A woman could very easily be wearing it.

Marsha My Dear
01-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Absolutely yes! Having to take care to look the best I can en femme (so much to learn!), I have been more critical of my attire and appearance en homme. I don't want to be schlepping around as a sloppy guy, especially when in the company of my wife, who is always well put together.

Eryn
01-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Certainly it does! One thing that CDing has done for my male side is that he is no longer so hung up with projecting a masculine image. I've already proven my masculine bone-fides with my male mode friends so if I want to wear colorful clothes, interesting studs in my ears, or clear-polish my nails I do so.

DebbieL
01-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes, most of my life. Granted I'm TS. I used to make my own clothes and/or would modify them so that they better fit my body. In high school, I even made a jumpsuit. It was polyester and stretchy and fit my body well, the cuffs of the pants had 2 inches of decorative banding. I didn't tell people I was transsexual (we didn't have the vocabulary for that), but when they said "You look like a girl" I would smile and say thank you. I got lots of complements on it from other women as well. Most of the kids in high school thought I was gay, but since they weren't beating me up as much, I wasn't as concerned.

I loved quiana shirts made popular by Saturday Night Fever in the 1970s, as well as going out to Discos and dancing all night. Again, I often wore custom made or carefully chosen suits and clothes, usually including vests that hugged my waist a bit like a corset.

In College I took dance classes and wore leotards and tights in class. I went to a good dance shop and got lycra leotards and tights because they were more comfortable and easier to dance in. I also liked dance belts because they kept everything tucked away. The class quickly noticed that I was completely flat down there and by the end of the first semester gave me a birthday present of a magazine with men in women's clothes. I realized they accepted me, but I really hated the way the men looked because they were still very much men - hairy legs, arms, and even faces.

During my career, I usually wore dress shirts, and coats, but I would shop at unisex stores for pants because my hips were too big for well fitting men's pants.
I also started underdressing regularly.

When I aborted a transition in 1996, I gained so much weight that I couldn't shop for regular clothes anymore. The clothes in big and tall men's shops were very expensive, often $50-$75 for a pair of pants. I could get women's slacks in the plus size section for very reasonable prices, often $20 or less. At first I would look for pants with pockets and belt loops so they wouldn't look too feminine, but over time I just picked out what I liked.

Transition has helped me lose weight (90 lbs so far), and now I'm working and living femme 24/7.

MonicaCD
01-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I'd say that Monica tries to exert her influence on what I wear as a guy.

It used to be nothing but jeans, polos and sneakers for work, and sweat pants and henleys at home. Uninspired.

Since coming to fully accept my CD side these last couple of years, I dress it up more and pay much more attention to color selection and coordination.

Basically, in trying to find a style for Monica, I've revised my guy side as well.

Gigi9
01-02-2014, 01:08 PM
CD Tammi said she wears fem under male clothes. I do that too and find myself dressing so that works. Nice topic! When I am not working I do dress with more care and eye towards matching entire outfits. I'm hoping to make my 1st semi public foray and I'm having trouble coordinating my fem clothes! When it is just me & SO at home it is not so crucial.

Pandys
01-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I starting wearing long sleeved shirts to hide the fact I started shaving my arms. I do take a bit more care to find jeans that fit better (still don't fit like my girl jeans).

Brenn
01-03-2014, 04:16 PM
I tend to mix men's and women's clothing items as a male. I frequently wear mary-janes or ballet flats and women's jeans or shorts. I guess in a sense I have become more androgynous.

Tara Power
01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I must say that after having had my first night out and truly knowing all the effort required to make myself ready, I realise in guy mode I need to up my game significantly. shower, shave my beard put on a shirt,smart jeans, nice shoes and a little hair gel aint gunna cut it no more