PDA

View Full Version : ex-wife had a few questions about paper work (from UK)

Georgie
12-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi all my ex (who accepts me) was texting me earlier about questions about paperwork etc when I start going full time, and since my next meeting with the gender clinic is almost a month away I thought I would ask here.

She is really confused about stuff she reads online, about my parental rights etc, does anything change legally, documents etc? Like she is planning on getting our daughter a new passport this year, what does she put for father? Same goes school forms etc.

I'm planning on going full time in the summer so I assume anything after that will have to carry my new name etc.

Any help will be great. Thanks x

RADER
12-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Her Birth certificate states your Male name, and Sir name. That is what she must use
on all official documents. Now if she legally changes her name, then she will use the
new name. The fact that you are changing has no effect on her.
Check with a Lawyer or call the Court house and see what they say. I bet it is what
I said above.
Foe Example, I have been divorced from my first wife since 1979; When my two kids
entered school, they used my last name, And later for a Pass Port also.
Good Luck
Rader

Julie Gaum
12-28-2013, 09:42 PM
I know some of our UK sisters are very familiar with the issues mentioned so I hope your thread stays out there long enough for them to respond. If not then the best alternative would be to visit whatever govenment bureaus are involved for their take --- the experts can't be too far away.
Let us know how it works for you.
Julie

Nigella
12-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Unless you have changed your name legally, i.e. via deed poll then you are still the male you. Without a Gender Recognition Certificate to change your birth certificate you are legally male.

Your Ex should use the paperwork necessary to record the information required regarding your daughter. I.e. her birth certificate, any current paperwork you have that is deed poll GRC certificate or your male paperwork if you have not changed any.

If you notice, most "official" paperwork will require "any other names".

Deborah_UK
12-29-2013, 06:02 AM
You don't necessarily need a deed poll, a statutory declaration sworn at a Notary Public will do the same job (and is usually cheaper). I got five original declarations for £5

Once you have legally changed your name you must use that in all official documents. If on completing your daughter's passport application your name has changed by then, you need to use your new name.

Incidentally are you getting your own passport in your new name? Then this link is very useful https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/applying-for-a-passport-information-for-transgender-and-transsexual-customers

I found that I had to send original Stat Decs to most agencies that needed to change my name, I found the process quite easy - it was only the DVLA that were slightly problematical but once my new passport was issued the DVLA issued my driving licence immediately.