PDA

View Full Version : Question: your pink fog

Briana90802
12-29-2013, 01:21 AM
Well we all get the pink fog feeling. Some of us get it daily, weekly, or whenever. My question is is there a certain time that the pink fog just come on? Like is there a trigger for you? Is it there in the back of your mind all the time? Certain times in the month? Season? Or year? What brings on your pink fog? Do you even know?

Beverley Sims
12-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Usually a vision of loveliness walks past and you see all the hearts spring out of my head.

Gawd, if I could only look like that. :)

Kagji
12-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Whenever I've got some cash to spend. I love going around and looking for clothes

PaulaQ
12-29-2013, 02:53 AM
I'm sure you never thought you'd hear this - but my god, I miss the pink fog. I think I last had it in February of this year.

Amanda_P
12-29-2013, 02:58 AM
Every time I get the chance to go shopping by myself. I normally come back with a new outfit or 2 or 3.

Wildaboutheels
12-29-2013, 04:04 AM
"Well we all get the pink fog feeling".

You do realize I hope that statements such as yours do a DISservice to newbies? Who might not know any better.

Joanne f
12-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Unfortunately I wake up with it every morning then after about an hour reality kicks in and I begin to mellow back to some sort of workable reality that I have to cope with .

Marcelle
12-29-2013, 06:13 AM
It depends for me . . . I can't really say I get lost in the pink fog but I do get a compulsion to dress when I know I have the ability to go to the city and get a few things at the local stores (you know just errands). However, there are days when I see a woman dressed in something I know Isha would like to wear and I get that feeling of wanting to rush home and dress.

So there is no timeframe for me, it is intermittent and springs upon me like a snap rainstorm, does it thing then dissipates.

Hugs

Isha

Jenniferpl
12-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Christmas time hits really hard.

KristyE
12-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Late winter/early spring seems to be the worst/best. It's over whelming. Every year it seems to be stronger.
Love KristyE

STACY B
12-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Its the MOON ,,, But it's a good thing breaks the ice an gets you out of your shell an makes you put your big girl panty's on ,, Or buy your big girl panty's in person instead of hiding an waiting for the mail !!

Erica Marie
12-29-2013, 07:29 AM
I live in a pink fog. For me the change comes when the blue fog hits and I realize Im really a guy and have to live up to the expectation of what people assume from me.

BLUE ORCHID
12-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Hi Briana, I think PINK 24/7/365 .

PretzelGirl
12-29-2013, 11:28 AM
It has been almost three years, but the thickest fog was after attending Diva Las Vegas for the first time. I had previously never been me for more than a day or two and this was a week. I got to spend the entire time with my friends from Utah along with new friends I was making. I got to see the comfort level of all of these friends. By the end of the week, I was in the dense part of the fog and was staying there for a while. I am sure many others who have attended DLV, SCC, Keystone, Be-All, etc have experienced this their first time going.

Rachael Leigh
12-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I would say when I really find something in a paper add or such that just makes me want to go buy it.
I usually dress in something everyday when home alone, just not all the way with wig and makeup so I guess my fog is more gentle but oh I get it if I'm wanting to shop for sure.

Jamie Lynn
12-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Seems like it's always there to some degree but especially when home alone, or boredom, or when my wallet's fat, or the sun is shining! :)

suzy1
12-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Well we all get the pink fog feeling. ?

If I am to understand you properly then I think you have just made a sweeping statement that does not include all of us Briana?
It’s a bit like saying ‘we all want to go out dressed, or ‘we all like Marmite’ or something.

I don’t suffer from this ‘pink fog’ affliction that I know of? In other words my love of things fem does not cloud my judgement.

JamieTG
12-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Because of chronic depression I feel a whole lot better in the summer time. The sunshine and being outdoors really helps. Summer is the only time that the pink fog rolls in anymore.

Valarie
12-29-2013, 01:46 PM
When I am stressed at school and I see a GG walk by or in my classes in stunning heels or boots the feeling comes.

irene9999
12-29-2013, 01:49 PM
It comes and goes for me, I think if I'm too busy it seems to go down a little but if I have a lot of free time on my hands it comes in strong

docrobbysherry
12-29-2013, 01:52 PM
I have been breathing pink air sinceSep. And, will only come back to earth sometime in Jan. My bedroom and bath have looked like a female tornado hit it for 4 months. A tornado named Sherry. I only picked it up the day before Xmas.

My issue is not the fog, but living without it again!

Laura28
12-29-2013, 02:05 PM
For me usally starts in the fall and runs to spring although this past year it started early. I shaved my body for the first in the summer this year and loved it. Funny I thought I would get a lot if steers since I have rather large breast for a man but if they noticed I didn't notice them. I also started wearing nail polish on my toes for the last 4 months and every Morining when I get up and sit on the potty and see my toes I am reminded of much I live being femme and the fog hits.

Michaelasfun
12-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Usually the onset of summer does it for me. I have a "thing" for summer wear. Also belly shirts and shorts are much cheaper on sale than dresses lol

Katey888
12-29-2013, 03:27 PM
No particular time - but stress brings it on. If I have the time and space and know that I can sit down and focus on makeup, dressing then just being me for a while; that's all a nice piece of relaxation and freedom from normality and the stress just evaporates...
Katey x

Diversity
12-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I seem to have the pink fog most of the time. It is almost always on my mind. I enjoy thinking about it, and when I can't underdress or dress for a week or more, I find myself craving to go shopping for clothes and intimate apparel. It is just the way it is....
Di

gautier_nikolai
12-29-2013, 04:04 PM
When stressed or loneliness sets in.

However, too much pink fog can lead to just the same, since I tend to want to go overboard and shop everything I can see I like and frustration sets in!I can then always see so many cool combinations of clothing for new outfits!

I need to learn how to try control it.

Thinking twice I get kinda manic after a while with it.

Briana90802
12-29-2013, 08:57 PM
If I am to understand you properly then I think you have just made a sweeping statement that does not include all of us Briana?
It’s a bit like saying ‘we all want to go out dressed, or ‘we all like Marmite’ or something.

I don’t suffer from this ‘pink fog’ affliction that I know of? In other words my love of things fem does not cloud my judgement.

Well You're right, it is a sweeping statement. I guess I just assumed the the majority of GMs here were here because of the pink fog. After all pink fog(unless I'm mistaken) is the need to cd. I guess I could be wrong, but it would seem without pink fog we wouldn't dress.

Robin777
12-29-2013, 09:06 PM
I get the pink fog feeling when I find a good clearance sale and they have something I really want at a insane low price.

Queen
12-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Ok, forgive my newbieness, I've kept my CD'ing very private 99.9% of my life. What is this Pink Fog you speak of?

Briana90802
12-30-2013, 09:58 AM
It's my understanding that pink fog is the feeling(itching) we get to dress as a female.

LaraPeterson
12-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Briana, I'm with the Blue Orchid; and you can think Pink without fog, by the way.

suzy1
12-31-2013, 04:43 AM
Well You're right, it is a sweeping statement. I guess I just assumed the the majority of GMs here were here because of the pink fog. After all pink fog(unless I'm mistaken) is the need to cd. I guess I could be wrong, but it would seem without pink fog we wouldn't dress.

You make a good point Briana.
But ‘fog’ in the literal sense is usually something that interferes with us seeing clearly.
So in the context of CD ing it would suggest the same thing in a metaphorical sense?
My understanding of the pink fog is our need to dress being allowed to cloud out our better judgement in a specific situation.

So Suzy does not experience any 'fog' of the pink variety.:)

devida
12-31-2013, 06:23 AM
I don't think I have that, unless it's an angry pink fog from not being able to wear a dress in public without attracting a lot of attention. But that's because I'm not trying to pass. I just wear a lot of women's clothes. I'm happy with my biology and my body though I would prefer to be more androgynous. I'm just not happy with a self-definition as masculine. It's not my gender. But feminine isn't either. It's something in between and the clothes I wear reflect that. I don't see anyone in this town dressed like me, but I certainly do when I go to a city. So I'm not in the position of having an urge to wear women's clothes. I wear them all the time, but I also wear men's clothes. I guess if I was forced to wear only men's clothes I might experience a pink fog, but I'm sure it would be a petulant pink fog!

CynthiaD
12-31-2013, 09:33 AM
The pink fog is my normal state. I only fall out of it when I get depressed, and then I miss it terribly.

Gypsy Sam
12-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Pink Fog=Creativity and Imagination. The mirror reflects and the mind perceives a female presentation. The talent and means to do so creates a mental well being, and a emotional lift to our cognitive process. Takes exceptional people to present dual genders, and are consistently highly intelligent people. Allow yourselves to enjoy the ride as it occurs.

EllieOPKS
12-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Gypsy I like your definition. I just hope that the newbies aren't scarred for life. LOL! The pink fog hits me most when I have the opportunity to dress from head to toe.

Leila Be
12-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi Briana, I'd say a little bit of the Pink Fog is with me daily; noticing certain clothes women are wearing. But the Pink Fog is thickest when I have time to myself without anyone to disturb me. I can often slip into panties or hose, but it's not everyday I can paint my nails and put on full make up. But yes, it is on the back of my mind all the time. :)

MayaMe
12-31-2013, 10:06 PM
:pinktornado: I think the pink fog is starting to envelope me. I don't know if I should let it or run to shelter.

alexis61
12-31-2013, 10:30 PM
This has been a very helpful thread. I've realized that I fall in to the pink fog around the holidays.. Then SNAP, I'm out by Jan 2nd! Then a year later the fog rolls in and I'm in a trance. Learning to embrace who I am an find the balance in mine and my SOs life, with her help, Is our goal.

Milli Montanari
01-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Unfortunately I wake up with it every morning then after about an hour reality kicks in and I begin to mellow back to some sort of workable reality that I have to cope with .
I'm with you on this one, Joanne, specially the workable reality bit.