PDA

View Full Version : So excited for Friday!

Camille15
12-29-2013, 02:17 AM
With little time to dress these days (young child, wife at home), I decided to take the bull by the horns and MAKE some time for myself. So I took this coming Friday off work, and with my wife's consent, I got myself a hotel room to play in all day.

It's a 2 room suite and has several mirrors (ok, so I'm vain). They said it's likely I could check-in very early, so I'm looking forward to an entire day of Camille time, spent trying on and taking pictures with every outfit I have, as well as practicing my makeup. And since my fingernails have been getting long, I decided to try and paint them for first time! I got myself a bottle of quick drying polish (a pinkish mauve), and some remover. I'm just hoping that it is easy to take off at the end of the day.

I'll post pics of my big day *in* as Camille next week. Just wanted to share my excitement with those who would understand it.

Camille

paulaprimo
12-29-2013, 02:21 AM
well good for you girl, go have some "you" time and am looking forward to some pic's.
have a great time... :)

Rachelakld
12-29-2013, 02:21 AM
And while your dressed up, you may as well go out for ....................
:)

Camille15
12-29-2013, 02:44 AM
And while your dressed up, you may as well go out for ....................
:)

I've contemplated a walk around my floor and then back to my room. But I simply don't pass, and I don't think I could handle any snickering or stares.

PaulaQ
12-29-2013, 02:44 AM
Why wouldn't you stay the entire night, until the next day's checkout time? I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.

edit: also, what makes you so sure you don't pass?

Beverley Sims
12-29-2013, 02:51 AM
Camille,
Along with all the other hints given here, when you show us the piccies, we will suggest on tips for passing, if necessary. :)
Do enjoy your time "out".

Marcelle
12-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Hi Camille,

Sounds like a great adventure for you. The first time you get the liberty to just dress as you please without worrying about others crashing in on you is intoxicating . . . you will relish this moment. Make sure you get extra strength nail polish remover and cotton pads to put it on. The other advice when it comes to nail polish, make sure you get it all especially around the nail beds and cuticle areas as we sometimes miss that. I took my nail polish off once (early in my experimentation) and didn't realize the pink was still visible along the cuticles until I noticed a young checkout girl at the grocery store (I was "en boy") staring at them.

I agree with Bev, add some pics (if you are so inclined) including head shots (if you are comfortable with that) and we will be able to provide feedback on this whole "passing/blending" concern of yours.

Hugs and really have a great time.

Isha

stephNE
12-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Sounds like a fun time!

STACY B
12-29-2013, 07:14 AM
An you can slip in an out of the room an build up your courage an maybe even go for a ride ,,,

Rhonda Darling
12-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi.

I'd say that unless you have a beard or mustache, you probably are at least somewhat passable if your makeup skills are well practiced. Most motels/ hotels have alternative entrances from the parking lot and guest keys will allow entry. Check that out and think about going to your car for a drive while dressed. People really aren't going to pay you that much attention unless you are dressed in a very un-aga appropriate manner, or into fettish wear or baby doll or other similar extremes. From my own closeted past (whew! Long gone, thank you very much), you'll really wish you had gone out if you don't.

Also, echoing others, take some pics and let us gently critique your femme presentation (or just your clothes if you don't want to post face shots). We all benefit when we help each other perfect our skills being the woman we want to be.

Good luck.
Rhonda

Camille15
12-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks all for the tips and encouragement! I'll definitely work extra hard to get all the polish off. Any other tips on how to apply the remover? I already have some extra strong polish remover, and cotton pads. Anything else I need, or specific methods I should know about?

I don't have a beard, but I'm still haven't learned how to cover my 5 o'clock shadow. Maybe once I've mastered that, I'll be braver to go out.

I'll definitely post some pics! Thought without my face, as usual.

Camille