PDA

View Full Version : Been Away

julietalyse
12-30-2013, 04:32 AM
We each are driven to cross dressing by our wanting to express our feminine identity. At times our urges are strong to very strong, sometimes we are pulled away from our desires.

Recently I was faced with the holidays, a serious illness, family obligations, visiting with my children, and of course my work. Suddenly I was drawn away from my routine of dressing. At first the business keeps me from thinking of what I would like to be doing. With an illness you hopefully go to bed and let your immune system take over. In addition with guests that are not aware of your dressing in the house this forces you to keep a lid on it.

In my case my daily structure is damaged. Things just do not go as I hoped. Nervousness is a feeling that sneaks into the mix. Difficulty in sleeping soon appears. Your thinking is more directed at feminine activities such as clothes a woman is wearing, that lovely woman’s presentation, or beautiful hair. Things are not complete. My perception of the world seems hostile. No matter what you eat or drink nothing is improved. You try a movie, watch a tennis match, watch a game on TV, or take a drive, and nothing seems to relieve the irritation.

The irritations disappeared as soon as I was able to dress. What a shift in emotions. What a wonderful afternoon and evening. Once I began dressing the warm comfortable feelings returned. I find such wonderful solace and a quieting effect each time I express my femininity by dressing. Here is hoping that you find happiness in your dressing.

Alice B
12-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Things like that are bound to happen from time to time in the process of living life. Don't let it get you down as in time things will again reach a normal level and you will find ways to adjust and allow dressing time. I do understand. I just had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago. No dressing for maybe 1-2 months because my routines have changed, people come by without warning, etc. Even harder is that I can't shave, which drives me nuts. But, what the hey. It will get better.

Tallulah Rose
12-30-2013, 07:02 AM
I think it's absolutely true that basking in the femininity that is 'girl time' can have a quieting effect on ourselves. I always seem to feel way more grounded and balanced when I am able to have some girl time. We should all think about that and appreciate the value we get from it.

Beverley Sims
12-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Juliet,
When other interests or problems arise in our day to day lives our interest in dressing does wane.
As things turn back to normal so the desire comes back, usually stronger.

Katey888
12-30-2013, 01:11 PM
That's a lovely closing sentiment, Juliet. We should all try to find happiness in whatever we do. I know sometimes I could as easily think too much about drinking wine (or other things) as much as I do about dressing... but ultimately responsibilities override those things that are just pleasurable - unless something stronger is at work. I hope you're sleeping better and everything is more harmonious for you now.
Katey x

Bria
12-30-2013, 01:37 PM
I wish a speedy recovery from the hip replacement, I'm sure that your quality of life will be much improved after you get your mobility back and pain is gone. Then it will be time to dress again. Hugs Bria

Annaliese
12-30-2013, 01:43 PM
It sound like thing were keeping you from being your self, that when you were able to dress you were once whole again.

LaraPeterson
12-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Julie, try your best not to stress out when things get in the way of your dressing regimen. Remember that tomorrow will come sooner than you think, enjoy the times you have, and remember fondly those days you've already enjoyed. I hope you have more and more time to dress and that you are able to keep your wits about you when things go awry.

Alice B
12-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Bria.Thank you. My goal is to be fully recovered and looking good in time for DLV at the end of March. Urges come and go for us all, but they never go away. Anyone that thinks they will is only fooling themselves and it leads to frustration. No one needs that. Happy New Year to you and all in our forum.

carhill2mn
01-02-2014, 04:11 PM
How fortunate that you (and others like us) have a way to achieve such good, happy feelings! Many people do not have such an outlet and are the sadder for it.

julietalyse
01-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Thank you Carole for your comment. As we allow ourselves to visit our femininity we should be thankful for it and appreciate its existence. It is so important for us to be happy with whom we really are.