PDA

View Full Version : Best shows of support

strugl
12-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Was just curious what peoples best shows of support have been, whether from a SO or others.

in the past two days my wife has said the following:
There will be boobies!!
I get to buy your first wig
and my favorite when I grabbed her boob, she yelled Get your own!

hahaha, no one ever said she was the most tactful or conventional of people.

Jorja
12-30-2013, 11:51 PM
I have a couple of events that stick out in my mind.

I had to give a speech to the entire company that I worked for shortly after I came out. As I walked out on the stage, the entire auditorium stood up clapping. From that day on I was Jorja to everyone there.

After years of strained relations with my father because of my transsexuality, he showed up at my place of work unannounced. He walked up to me and gave me a big hug and told me how proud he was as a father to have me as his daughter. We spent the rest of his life as best friends.

Nicole Erin
12-31-2013, 03:08 AM
Woman you better watch out, your ol lady gonna is gonna be groping you like a hormone-driven 19 year old man would.

Best shows of support I have gotten since I fully accepted me -
Getting laid a lot more (men and women), People loving how I look, my best friend saying, "Erin, why do you wear pantyhose? Your legs are nice and do not need it". Strangers complimenting my looks, guys checking me out, WOMEN checking me out... Need more?

I Am Paula
12-31-2013, 07:29 AM
This Christmas season. A bunch of parties, then Christmas with my family, who love and support Paula.

Angela Campbell
12-31-2013, 07:32 AM
I guess it is when my Mother introduces me as her daughter.

strugl
12-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Those are great! I've been hearing a lot of negatives and it's nice to see positives. :)

Nicole Erin - I think she was overcompensating on the support due to nervousness and newness, but I can't really be sure as she is a pretty horny person and close to 50/50 bisexual

Foxglove
12-31-2013, 04:12 PM
My son's not afraid to go into a restaurant, café, pub, etc., with me. He's cool with it.

Rachel Smith
01-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Michelle being here to help me through. Acceptance of my parents and siblings and their childeren.

Lilo
01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
My wife. She often plays the role of best friend and mother helping me do simple things like being a companion in restroom trips, giving dress and makeup advise and asking others to use proper pronouns and name. She is the best and I am indebted to her. Recently, when asked 'who is the mom?' to our kids. She quickly responded 'both of us are'.

mikiSJ
01-02-2014, 02:56 PM
After years of strained relations with my father because of my transsexuality, he showed up at my place of work unannounced. He walked up to me and gave me a big hug and told me how proud he was as a father to have me as his daughter. We spent the rest of his life as best friends.

I cannot imagine anything more important you and I am glad that when he died he was a good part of your life.

Janelle_C
01-02-2014, 06:54 PM
My wife and my adult children have been so wonderful and supportive. My kids have made feel so good about myself I can't even tell you. I was so worried about losing people in my life but it just hasn't happened yet. If anything I have more friends now than I did before.

Laura28
01-02-2014, 07:07 PM
It would be something my wife said to me years ago, when i asked her are you sure you are ok with me being a crossdresser (i use to worry all the time about that and would ask her every so often). Her response to the last time i asked her was "I love you, period, you dont need to ever ask me again, i know it is something you enjoy and loving someone means you want them to be happy. Beside you look cute in panties bra and nylons"

Kimberly Kael
01-02-2014, 10:14 PM
The simple fact that my wife stuck with me through my transition is the biggest show of support I could have hoped for. Everything else pales in comparison (which isn't to say I don't appreciate everyone else who made a point of continuing to include me in their lives.)

vikki2020
01-02-2014, 10:22 PM
As Kimberly says--my wife, albeit slowly, coming around to accept me as who I am. Huge difference in our daily life, from just a year ago. Also, all the people I interact with, most every day, when I'm out,and about--- the response from the stores, who know me as the "before" has been nothing short of fantastic! To each friend, that I've let know--- and the unconditional support, they gave back!