PDA

View Full Version : Counter Intuitive – Drop in Desire to CD

Sophie Yang
12-30-2013, 10:49 PM
I have read numerous posts about the loss of desire to cross dress and how it ebbs and flows. I read that some cross dressers had quit or lost interest in cross dressing. After getting physicals, they were diagnosed with low testosterone. After they started their low testosterone treatment, their desire to cross dress came back.

This just seems counter intuitive to me, but not out of the realm of possibilities. Has anyone else heard or experienced this? Anyone have a possible explanation why this would happen?

MissTee
12-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Could be a restored libido thing. Also, low testosterone often results in a low energy level, and if that's the case it could be more than just dressing that gets shelved.

sandra-leigh
12-30-2013, 10:59 PM
In such a situation you should ask about their age. Male testosterone level goes down with age but male usage of testosterone goes down faster. As "free" (available, not bound up) testosterone is easily converted to estrogen in the body, the result is that naturally estrogen levels increase in males as they age. Older males have more estrogen than most post-menopausal women.

That being the case if a male's body had already stopped using testosterone, taking additional testosterone results in even more free testosterone in the blood ready to be converted to estrogen... resulting in even higher estrogen levels!

Kate Simmons
12-30-2013, 11:00 PM
The explanation can be quite complex and convoluted sometimes but even women need testosterone for libido. Sometimes we are just a walking, talking chemistry set Hon.:)

Beverley Sims
12-30-2013, 11:02 PM
I think that other interests influence us more than anything.
I am talking about the ebb and flow and purging desires now.