PDA

View Full Version : Support Group

STACY B
12-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Tell you lady's one thing is for sure ,, They have NO SUPPORT groups where I am from ,,, I sure wish there were some chix on here that are fairly close an would love to start one ? Or if they already have one close tell me where it is ,, I would love to CRASH IT !!

Hell I would like to at the least go out an talk to some of you in person an if for nothing else the CD;S could just use it for a safe place to dress ?
Dam endo Doctor would have the market cornered here too ,, No gender docs ,,No endo's ,, No support ,, Really a dam gold mine for someone who had the stones to start ,, I mean the whole dam state ,,Not just my town ,, Maybe some of the trans med students might want to know we are wide open here ,, Or maybe some other students like therapist or social workers ?
Move here an start a practise an soon yull be in the money thats for sure .

People love to talk about acceptance an tolarence among the trans community hell these folk around here don't even have a clue how much money is slipping threw there hands ?
The market is wide open ,,If I wasn't so dam dumb I would have done it ,,lol,,,

Angela Campbell
12-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Watch it..once support groups start to spring up it isn't long before the place is crawling with a bunch of trans folk.

stefan37
12-31-2013, 10:04 AM
guess you will just have to start your own support group. Maybe looking into going back to school to receive a master's in social work allowing you to become a therapist. Just some thoughts

And you are most certainly not dumb

STACY B
12-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Angela

Maybe the other way around ,,, Already crawling with Trans folk need to wrangle them up an get them organized ,,lol,,,

With the gender therapist an Endo's MONTHS out on waiting list we could relieve some of the wait an stress of close by states ?

kimdl93
12-31-2013, 12:13 PM
I think you should start one. Sounds like you know the terrain as well as anyone.

STACY B
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Hint,,,Hint,, I do gotta get some followers ?? Maybe from here maybe ? Don't tell me no ones here from my area ?? COME ONNNNNN ,,, Ladys ,,,

Emma Beth
01-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Even though it may be a little bit of a drive, you still have Mobile and New Orleans not that far from you. You could probably find something there until you can find something closer. Maybe you can find someone in either place that might know of some place closer to you.

Have you tried looking around Biloxi, Gulf Port, or Ocean Springs.

I used to live in the Jackson area years ago and I still have Family there, so I understand.

Daphne Renee
01-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Try looking in areas that maybe a little farther out. There may not be one right there but start looking at things within 150 miles or so. You might not be able to go often but once a month or so is a decent start