PDA

View Full Version : 2013 a review....

Georgie
01-01-2014, 02:12 PM
2013 a review......

2013 has been a huge year for me, prob one of the biggest and most important years of my life.

From coming out of the closet to the break up of my marriage. It's been a very dramatic and emotional year.

Quite a few of my friends knew I liked to dress in girls clothes, but thought it was just a bit of harmless crossdressing, I lied to myself for years that's all it was and tried to move on with life and be well as normal as I could be. Try to fit into society was like putting a round peg in a square hole. I was never going to fit.

This year I cracked and admitted that I had to be true to myself, my wife kinda knew all along and even though she asked me countless times over the years did I want to be a woman I always said no, not only was I lying to her I was lying to myself and I had gotten so good at it I actually started to believe the lie.So after we agreed that it was best to go our own ways but be the best of friends, as we still loved each other so much, I had the awful task of having to tell friends and family members, which believe me is not fun.

The fear of telling people and waiting for them to hurl abuse at you and disown you is heartbreaking, but so far I have not came across that. I know I will sooner or later, but so far its been so good and it makes me think why have I been in hiding for 30 years? But if I had of told the world about this when I was 3 when I first knew I was different than my brothers and friends. I know the world would not of accepted me. We live in a whole new world now than we did in the 80's.

The world in the most part is a lot more open and accepting. They might not understand or agree with it but most people it seems think we all have the right to be happy. We still have small minded bigots and idiots in the world and sadly it is them that always make the news. Belfast is the perfect example. Every summer we make world wide news with our parades and bonfires and downright backward views on politics, but does any nice stories from here make the news around the globe? Nope, not a single word.

I know many a trans person online who get hurled abuse everytime they leave the house, get spat at, etc. So far to this day I have not had any of this *touch wood* and in this day and age I have leave the house as a girl more than I do a boy. So this is encouraging and long may it continue. I just know when I do get the smallest bit of abuse it is going to hurt me hard, but I will try and keep my head held high and keep going.

The biggest most important moment of 2013 for me was my 3 day trip to Cork, I had been out and about a few times before this as a girl but only for a few hours each time at most. But this wasa huge step as it was going to be me outside for 3 whole days. My nerves was shot. But I did it and it was the most fantastic time. I made me certain that I was doing the right thing with my life.

But every time i go out or meet up with friends is a huge step for me, as its more time in the real world. When you just dress up and sit about the house like I did for so many years, you start to feel like your doing time in prison.

I know some people might find it hard at first seeing a person they have always known as a guy all of a sudden dress and act like a girl. Trust me I know that, and it's going to take time for you a well as me, to get used to that. My parents are not yet ready to see me as a girl which I understand and I'm giving them some time, my daughter kinda knows about me, and she always calls me a girl. But has yet to see me as a girl. But all signs indicate that she is cool with it so far. She is my main worry, as I don't want to **** her up mentally or for her to get bullied in school because of me.

I was bullied all the way through school, and that is prob why I hid for so long, even though I would often turn up to school with panties on beneath my uniform etc, they never knew about that side of me, but yet I was always called names like faggot and gay etc, I guess everyone knew I was not a big macho guy like most of the ones in school. Hell I did GCSE Home Economics instead of P.E. what does that tell yea. I was the only boy in that class (yet I still can't cook) lol.

Before this year I was only out twice as a girl (a day trip to Dublin and gay pride), but this year I have been to concerts, cinemas, bars, party's, hell even boring things like tescos and iceland. If I am off work and don't have the child with me, I am a girl. Hopefully next year at some point the boy George will be forever brushed away. I am sick of wearing that horrible mask I have been hiding under for so long and I think 2014 is going to be my time to shine.

Things I hope to do in 2014....

Go full time as a girl

Work on my voice

Get hormones

Come out in work (only about 7 people in work know so far)

Be happy

Win the lotto :p

Thanks everyone for reading this I know it's long and makes no sense and prob has a 1001 spelling and grammar errors, but you read it and that's the main thing, and it's good for me to rant and write about things on my mind.

Rachel Smith
01-01-2014, 03:49 PM
We all STARTED at some point. It's some big steps and some small steps. If it's what you NEED to do to be comfortable and secure in yourself then by all means keep on taking steps.

Your post is revealing yourself and an honesty we all had to admit to.

Hugs
Rachel

Amy A
01-01-2014, 05:45 PM
In 2013 I came out to everyone, ended a 10 year relationship (which broke my heart, but we are still best friends) and started full time. It was the worst year of my life but I broke down so many barriers and have put myself in a position to be able to make 2014 a year of progress.

You've come a long way in the last year by the sounds of it. Good luck for 2014!

Angela Campbell
01-01-2014, 05:52 PM
I was stabbed in the face with an electric needle 196,322 times. Oh and I grew boobies.

Bria
01-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Your goals seem well thought out, I hope that you can succed in them all!! If you can succed in the last one it will make some of the others easier. Don't forget to by a ticket for the lotto!!

Hgs, Bria

Rachel Smith
01-01-2014, 06:32 PM
And don't forget your friends here.:heehee:

stefan37
01-01-2014, 06:33 PM
you should put facial hair removal at the top of the list

Georgie
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I have already began facial hair removal so thought I would leave it off the list lol.

Yea the lotto win would def help, should start doing it more lol

generalchaos34
01-02-2014, 11:23 PM
You took the first step, and thats the hardest one of all! I fear I may be in the same boat as you with my wife. She knows nothing of my wanting to be female and I havent had the heart to tell her, because i do not know how she will react. I hope this year is an excellent one for you, the hardest is yet to come for me.

I Am Paula
01-03-2014, 08:42 AM
2013. I finally got my head straight and started HRT, started facial hair removal. Came out to everybody. What a year!

KayleeTaylor
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Your 2013 sounds like my 2014. My daughter and mom knows but haven't seen me dressed yet either, because my daughter is 9, I am planning to move to a different city when I go fulltime, so people will only know me as Kaylee, but I got a lot of work ahead of me before that happens.

2014 is your year to shine, I wish you well and I will be looking forward to hearing about your progress in the future :)

:hugs:

Kaylee :)

hannahbear
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
First half of my year was good, 2nd half was bad. I call it a neutral year as both sides of the spectrum offset themselves. Nothing wrong with breaking even. Better than a lot of people out there. Ready to make 2014 a good one.

Starling
01-05-2014, 03:57 AM
Unfortunately, 2013 was very rough on my hopes and dreams, and I'm afraid this year will not be much better. But I soldier on, because anything can happen, right?

:) Lallie