PDA

View Full Version : Your first female apparel purchase?

Joyce1702
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Do you remember the very first item of feminine apparel that you purchased all by yourself?

For me it was about 35 years ago. I purchased, with shaking hands, a black Playtex "No Visible Means of Support" bra at JC Penney.

black leotards
01-04-2006, 11:29 PM
For me it was about 35 years ago too. I was 12 or 13 and bought a pair of royal blue tights from the Sears catalog. :)

watts
01-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Sometime when I was in high school I went to kmart and used the self checkout to buy a pair of high heelboots and some panties.

Jesse69
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
I bought a short skirt in 1987 my senior year of H.S. My parents found it and threw it away. Wasn't able to buy anymore stuff until junior year college when I got my own apartment. Looking back, I guess I should have never started, but beautiful clothes are just too tempting.

I think I now have more womens clothes then men's clothes and more clothes than my mom! So I think I should stop buying things now or sell some stuff on ebay to pare my collection down. I'm now being a very picky shopper because I don't have much space left.

BrendaChristine
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
A pair of L'Eggs Pantyhose form the Drugstore during my Junior Year of High School.

Angela Burke
01-04-2006, 11:50 PM
The first items I ever bought with my own money were two skirts.
I was aged twelve and I remember them very well.
They were knee length A-line style, one a pleated dark tartan, the other mustard coloured with an inverted pleat front and back.
I remember being asked if they were for me, answering yes, and being told to be sure to bring them back if they didn't fit.

Love Angela XX

Melissa73
01-05-2006, 01:12 AM
i can remember it fondly, my first purchase wasnt until i had moved out from my parents house, and was in college. It took a while, as cuz the 1st year i lived on campus. But when i got my first apt, i ventured to Target (where i knew i just had to buy something.) So wandering in the female section, nervously i ended up with a black thong leotard and tights.

But as the years went on, it became easier to shop (Yes i still get nervous and anxious at who is around) but i can "match clothing and see what i am buying....

but sometimes, when i get a great deal.........or an outfit i love.....I wish i could tell someone about it.,.....

Jenna1561
01-05-2006, 01:20 AM
L'Eggs pantyhose from a corner drug store. I was about 11.

Now I buy something weekly, but alas, my storage is limited and I frequently go thorugh my wardrobe and donate items i like the least.

Jenna

Imogen_Mann
01-05-2006, 02:43 AM
I found an entire girls school uniform in a second hand store when I must have been about 16 or 17 (ohhh to be thin again !!). It was new, still with tags and it was cheap, at the time I was bed hopping, albeit irregularly, with an older man who I thought would enjoy it... I thought what the hell, and paid for it there and then.

I've never been one to suffer shaky hand syndrome in shops, I dont get embarrased easily, although I understand how some girls might, especially with some of the store staff I've run into over the years.

XX

Jayme

Lisa Golightly
01-05-2006, 02:54 AM
I was 13 years old and it was a pair of tights. I was a regular purchaser from then on... and fully dressed by 16. Cor strike a light I've been a girl longer than a boy by some margin now... :)

FionaAlexis
01-05-2006, 03:08 AM
A pair of black patent stilettos. My feet had grown beyond my Mum's dainty UK size 5.

I remember the day well, even now, I was 14 - I said it was for my Mum's birthday and I recall two young salesgirls giggling behind the curtains in the stockroom.

When I started buying underwear I became more inventive and handed a note to the saleslady supposedly from my Mum who had to 'go into hospital'.

Those were the days! :)

Fiona xx

LeatherPixie
01-05-2006, 04:42 AM
My first was a pair of cutoff demin shorts and bright pink crop top from the local thrift store. I still have 'em too! :D

Helen MC
01-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Yes, Knickers (panties).

At home it was easy, I borrowed my sister Anne's and my Mum's panties so the problem didn't arise. Once I moved away from my parents home when I was about 18 I would have to start buying for myself. I was able to take some old pairs of their panties with me as they no longer wore them and they had so many pairs that they were not missed but of course woud have to augment my supplies. In those days, they early 1970s there as no Internet. It took me a bit of courage to go to a shop for the first time and buy some pairs of panties "For my sister" but when I didn't have any negative reaction for the woman behind the counter I soon gained confidence and visited other stores to build up my collection of panties and other female clothing. I also used Mail Order Catlogues which were a great blessing and also found the move from counter service to self service helped as rather than having to ask for the items you wanted to buy you would simply put them in your basket or trolley and the bored girl at the checkout couldn't care less what she was scanning through, only whether you were paying cash or by card. The Internet of course is worth its weight in gold as any items can be bought in the privacy of your own home and discretely delivered to your door.

To answer the question the first items I bought were 6 pairs of bottle green cotton interlock schoolgirls knickers , full briefs. British members will know the type I mean as I don't know if girls wear these in the USA, perhaps for Field Hockey, Basketball or Volleyball or the type that Cheerleaders wear over there? Anne had worn Navy Blue knickers of this type and I had taken some pairs of her old ones with me, together with some similar white ones, as she had left school by then and no longer wore them. However I had always wanted some Bottle Green pairs and out of my first wages after I had paid my rent etc I found I had enough to buy myself some knickers. The following week I went to another store and bought some pretty floral patterned white panties. Later in was to buy skirts, slips, bras etc. I also found a very sympathetic woman in a Charity Shop who guessed that I was a CD and used to keep clothing in my size aside for me which I would buy. Unfortunately this shop was closed when the area was redeveloped and she retired.

RachelDenise
01-05-2006, 05:55 AM
I bought a 34 B yellow bra from the JC Penny catalogue when I was about 12 years old. It was padded and didn't fit very well, but oh what a rush!!!!!!!:D

jenny c
01-05-2006, 07:10 AM
For me its got to be underwear bought very nervously about 15 years ago i am glad its alot easier for me these days.

Lisa Marie
01-05-2006, 08:36 AM
For me It was a pair of Sheer energy pantyhose color white from Walgreens. I rememeber when I got home and tried it on it didnt fit was very upset. :mad:

Bettylicious
01-05-2006, 09:09 AM
I think it was a lace g-string from Safeway. I bought it with all my other groceries and stuff so it must've looked a bit out of place. I was 24-25. A bit of a late start I know, for a time there i had a succession of cd friendly girlfriends who I would inherit some lingerie from when the relationship ended, but i swear some of them had some stuff which i feel sad I didn't steal. :D

In the past year I've just gotten way into it (i'm 33), I now just go in, get what I want and slap down the cash and walk out.

I'll never forget the one time I boughht some panties witha gg friend. We were at a rather risque lingerie shop and I bought these gorgeuos black panties with pink trim. Across the back they siad in Glitter "Spank Me" .

The woman at the counter half jokingly asked äre they your size??"

I quite bravely joked back that she may have called my bluff and they were for me, and we just talked about her shop for a sec, and she wrapped me and my friends purchases. And then she said to me,

"Here are your purchases. Now yours has one sticker on it. and your friends has two."

i reached across the counter whch is when she stopped me and asked sternly

Which one is yours???

The one with one sticker?? I said sheepishly

to which she replied

Good Girl!!!!

that was the coolest, greatest, most blushingly flirty rush i've ever had, it was awesome

Buying clothes is still exciting but not as mjuch as that instant

cheerio sexy's

Betty

Lilith Moon
01-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Rubber corset, bought from a department store with pounding heart and trembling hands, age around eighteen, I think. The salesperson must have known something was going on. I wore it for hours before reluctantly taking it off next morning. Hid it at the bottom of my clothes drawer and my mother found it within 24 hours. I got the third degree, she demanded to know who I had been sleeping with and I never did reveal that it was me :rolleyes:

I never saw that garment again :mad:

loriannetucson
01-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Funny, haven't thought about it, but YES, it was actually a pair of white keds champions from the JCPenney catalog. It was when you had to phone it in. A man answered the phone and took my order. I was even nervous then! He took the info down and said they'd be shipped right away. Got 'em in a couple of days and I opened the box up and put them on in front of my mom. She said she used to wear keds back in the 50s and that was it! Now I've probably bought at least 50 pairs of keds over my life :)
Lorriane

BonnieJG
01-05-2006, 10:10 AM
For me it was a bra and panties

Talon DeRojo
01-05-2006, 10:20 AM
My first purchase was some glue-on nails, soon followed by thigh-high nylons and a pair of high-heeled pumps (for my "girlfriend", as I told the saleswoman).
Talon

Brenda Locke
01-05-2006, 10:33 AM
For Me it's a toss up, either panty hose or panties. The thrill of buying them myself was terrific and in some ways still is today.

LoL Brenda

jessiemillard
01-05-2006, 11:05 AM
A nice white bra when i was 12 which i bought from the local target...when i got home i found out it didn't fit so i threw it in the neighbours yard and never saw it again:(

caroline_cd_99
01-05-2006, 12:05 PM
A pair of L'Eggs Pantyhose form the Drugstore durinh my Junior Year of High School.

Same here! A pair of suntan Sheer Energy control tops! I was so nervous buying them! I buy female things all the time now.

pattied
01-05-2006, 01:43 PM
My first ever purchase was in middle school. I went to the supermarket and bought control top pantyhose.

Tina Dixon
01-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Nightgown from JC Penny, "It's for my wife" Ya right;)

JoAnnDallas
01-05-2006, 01:48 PM
hey, I have gone into JC Penny and/or Sears and bought nite gowns and/or PJ's for my wife and I mean for my wife not me and most times only get a comment like, "She will adore this".

Then too have bought for myself too, so it works both ways.

Tina Dixon
01-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I still get red in the face:redface:

Aileen
01-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Just some dresses and pantyhose from the JC Penney catalogue, when I was in my early twenties and out on my own for the first time. I sent in the order, but the bra didn't arrive. So I steeled my courage and went to a department store and bought a longline bra. All she said was, "You want to buy this?" I said yes, and she sold it to me. I was nervous as all hell.

Kimberly
01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
shoes!!

Pair of black knee high, 4" boots. They were quite sexy, though VERY unfashionable ;)

Rachel_740
01-05-2006, 03:02 PM
The first item I bought was (probably) a skirt, from Littlewoods catalogue (http://www.littlewoods-online.com/rf/navigation/entersite.do?redirectTo=home&aff=LRL&affsrc=littlewoodscouk?aff=LRL&affsrc=littlewoodscouk)nearly 20 years ago. I still have the account running now, but I've changed the name now and I love a lot of their 'Canvas' range.

Anne

Petra1
01-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Probably about 1988 or 1989. Still living with my parents, but had my own PO Box. Ordered by phone from Frederick's of Hollywood. Black tank dress. Still have it. Man, was I nervous.

fionablack
01-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I was fifteen years old and it was a pencil skirt, it was blue and just below the knee. It was lovely.

I was very nervous paying for it, but not as much as I thought i would be. I can still remember in great detail the very first moment i stepped into a skirt that actually belonged to me. This was my skirt!!

18 years on I have lost track of how much I have bought. I very quickly got used to buying stuff though and actually enjoy it very much

simonep
01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Two pairs of Triumph bikini panties - slinky (of course!). Wore them at weekends while I was on a course away from home and purged before I came home. That was over 20 years ago.

Just did a check today and have twice as many pairs of girls panties than boys. Hmmm... :D

Simonep

Abby
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
My first was a blue waltz length gown. I loved it.

Katrina
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I think the first thing I bought was a pair of suede black pumps and a pair of pantyhose. I was so nervous when I bought them. The next purchase I made was a bra, panty, and garter set.

kristenB
01-05-2006, 07:36 PM
My first purchase was a slinky LBD from Victoria's Secret...I've been hooked every since!!!!

Sarahgurl371
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
My first purchase exclusively for me was a pair of 4" black strappy platform sandals. I luved them! Alas they were the victim of my last purge two years ago. Purging sucks! Used to "borrow" all the rest from my wife. Now I just started buying for myself what I want. Its much better that way.

Jillian310
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
I only started dressing @ 4 or 5 years ago. (I am almost 69) I walked into a Victoria's Secret and purchased 2 pairs of highcut panties, one pale blue, one pale green, size 8 (my wife's size.) When I got them home I showed them to her, and told her one pair was for her, one was for me, and she could pick the color she wanted. In fact we both wore both of them, and now we keep out panties in the same drawer - mine are size 9. I have made many purchases since that time, but I will never forget that first shopping trip!

Sweet Susan
01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Pantyhose!

Rikidee
01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
My first couple of purchases were bikini bathing suits on sale at the end of the season so they were dirt cheap. I was probably 17 or so when I bought them. My mom's one piece was the first piece of female clothing I remember trying on when I was 5 or 6 years old. My mom also caught me wearing it and it was not a pretty scene but I didn't stop dressing I just got smarter.

Ms. Donna
01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I was probably 12 or 13 years old. My first purchases were pantyhose and I would get them at a drug store. I remember that the checkout girls would sometimes ask if they were for me and then give me this smile. I'm not sure if they knew they were for me or not, but I'm sure they got a kick out of embarassing me. :o

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Joyce1702
01-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I like it when the clerk kids around rather than just acting like a robot. I bought several pairs of pantyhose in a discount department store one time and the check-out girl said, "So you've decided to wear these now, have you?" So I chuckled and said "Yep". Then she said, "Well be careful putting them on, they rip easily."

Another time I bought an all-in-one bra and girdle "corselette" at Montgomery Ward, and the older clerk handed me the bag and said, "Enjoy it now." This was in stark contrast to a different clerk at Wards who glared at me like I had three heads when I bought a long-legged panty girdle.

I bought a slip at a local store and the girl reminded me to "Bring it back if it doesn't fit you." I love the frank, non-judgemental comments.

Joyce

Bridget
01-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Yes, a pair of size 11 juniors jeans.

Lissa Stevens
01-07-2006, 06:44 AM
I was around 16 and it was a pair of cheap high heeled sandals. They were cheap but when wearing them I felt like a million dollars.

Amelia Moxon
01-07-2006, 07:26 AM
...A pair of pink socks and a pair of Baby blue Elle Knickers and a matching bra I was 18 and had my first job so I could afford to buy stuff, skirts etc. followed afterwards.

Hugs
Amelia xxx

Tina Dixon
01-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Probably about 1988 or 1989. Still living with my parents, but had my own PO Box. Ordered by phone from Frederick's of Hollywood. Black tank dress. Still have it. Man, was I nervous.
You know with the internet we dont even need to go to the store, but this is a great idea right here, get a P.O. Box, im going to look in to it:thumbsup:

bridgette63
01-07-2006, 07:50 AM
My first purchase was a long nylon nightgown I think it was aquamarine , told the checkout lady it was for my Mom...

Colleen
01-07-2006, 07:58 AM
I got them from a thrift store all black 2 fit one didint so since it was long and had elastic at the waist I cut the top off and made a long skirt out of it.

Adrianne
01-07-2006, 09:08 AM
2 skirts and 2 tops from a thrift shop.

Veronica E. Scott
01-07-2006, 09:19 AM
The very first thing that I can remember purchasing was in the seventies,a pink dress full length white 4"pumps bra and panties.Now you think I can find the dress and shoes?NOT.

Toni
01-07-2006, 09:29 AM
I was 18 so it was in 1960 and I had been looking at a white bra and a black suspender belt in a little shop window on my way home from work. I went in and it was two old ladies serving and I was nearly wetting myself as I told them what I wanted. I don't think that I was very convincing when I told them they were for my mothers birthday, they were looking at me with funny expressions on their faces as I left the shop. I remember going into a public toilet to put them on and walking the rest of the way home in heaven. Those were "The good old days".

pamalamathews
01-07-2006, 09:39 AM
I remember it well I knew my sizes and bought a complete outfit for my sister of course! I bought black tights a pair of black heels a pretty dress some panties and a black bra they all fit perfect!! I soon purchased make-up and jewelry at this K mart I think yhey knew what a rush!!!

Kayla Smith
01-07-2006, 11:55 AM
My first purchase of female clothing was a pair of cotton string bikini panties from Pamida when I was 17 which was 20 years ago. I wish I would have known then about girls sizes because the panites that I purchased were size 5 when they should have been size 7.:doh:

Nastasha
01-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Panties at the local Wal-Mart. Nervous, hands shaking, voice cracking ... but I did it. :D

GypsyKaren
01-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I bought a pair of pantyhose when I was 18 or so, this was back around 1970 or 71. I was so nervous I thought I'd stroke out.

GypsyKaren

Laura Jane
01-07-2006, 02:55 PM
When I was a youngster I never bought anything, perhaps thats one of the reasons I gave up CDing in my late teens. Its only since I've starting dressing again 'x' number of years later, that I've bought things for myself, online, from catalogs and in person!

My first purchase was in a department store was this summer, when I bought three tops at Debenhams. The worst bit was the long queues at the tills. thinking they all know these are for me!

The funniest was this christmas when I bought some underwear at M&S and the Checkout girl was rather taken with frilly black pair of 'short' type knickers I had amongst my other lingerie purchases, because they were a new line and said she would be getting a pair herself!

Debbie61
01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
A Medium Jogbra from Target!
The teen salesgirl suggested red, as it was her favorite color.
Put it on in the parking lot, and walked the length of an Interstate
Rest Area to try it out!
Second purchase was pantyhose from a chain drugstore, followed by
panties, thongs, jeans....

Makes me want to go shopping!

Debbie

Mn.Marilyn
01-07-2006, 04:08 PM
For me I put in an order to the JC Penny catalog for 2 bras some panties and pantyhose.

MelindaC
01-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Gosh, must have been 30 years ago. I went into a small local department store and asked to buy two Playtex 18 Hour girdles --- a high waist open bottom and a high waist long leg panty girdle. The saleslady did seem a bit taken aback that a guy was asking to buy girdles. Since this was my first actual "in the store" purchase of a femme item, I guess I was a bit nervous! I used the excuse that the wife (non-existent at that time) was under the weather with the flu --- and it was during flu season --- and asked me to pick up these items while I was out doing the other shopping --- groceries, etc. But the purchase succeeded and I was ecstatic!!!

Oddly enough, that was the only time a saleslady questioned my purchases. After that, I never had any problems going to a store in drab and buying femme clothes of any kind. Nobody gave a second look that I was buying dresses or in the lingerie section buying bras, girdles, slips, panties & other intimates.

Billie Renee
01-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I was out shopping with my mom for school clothes when I was 12 after working all summer at a resturant as a waitress. I had found this cute poddle skirt that I just had to have for a dance I was going to that coming week end,and my mom said ok but lets get you fitted for a bra as well,this is when I got my first bra, well actully we bought 5 of them.She had me fitted by one of the sales ladies and she also fited me with some small foam breast pads so I would look my age with a little breast,I also bought a couple of jumpers and blouses to match, and a couple of pairs of shoes 1 pair of flats and a pair of pumps.this was in the 60's so it wasn't hard living as a girl since everyone knew me as a girl.We then went to the beauty shop and had my hair done with a perm.