PDA

View Full Version : Away for a while

Amari
01-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm going to be working away from home for about 3 months, and will get a small one bedroom apartment to stay in. I'm going to enjoy being able to leave my cosmetics and toiletries out where they can be seen and wear what I want when I want. I can't go overboard with say, hair colour as work is conservative and it would not bode well for my professional career. It will be nice not having to make sure everything is hidden. I intend to enjoy it!

TTFN, Amari

Sophie Yang
01-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Amari,

Enjoy it while you can. I have a similar arrangement. An old two bed room apartment with a common front door and a private back door. Just remember, co-workers may drop by for some unexpected reason. So you may still want to put your stuff away. In my case, I just keep everything put away. If they go snooping around, busted.

Anyway, it is suppose to be -18 for a high when I return. Not too many visitors for a while. However, I had my landlords come waltzing in unannounced early one evening. They pounded on the door, but I was asleep. By the time I woke up, they were already inside with two space heaters.

Beverley Sims
01-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Amari,
Sophie mentioned the caution in this scenario, you do get co workers over, so unless you live under a rock at an anonymous address be prepared for "friends".

They can be a damn nuisance for those with our lifestyle but they are an important adjunct to our lives.

Amari
01-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Sophie and Beverley, know what you mean. In the context of a job where everybody is away from home this is a real issue (been there, done that, nearly caught), however on this job I'm the only person working 'away from home'. I make my own arrangements for accommodation, so I feel comfortable about this.
TTFN